MARES VIVAS REVIEW

THE place for your Sisters-related comments, questions and snippets of Sisters information. For those who do not know, The Sisters of Mercy are a rock'n'roll band. And a pop band. And an industrial groove machine. Or so they say. They make records. Lots of records, apparently. But not in your galaxy. They play concerts. Lots of concerts, actually. But you still cannot see them. So what's it all about, Alfie? This is one of the few tightly-moderated forums on Heartland, so please keep on-topic. All off-topic posts will either be moved or deleted. Chairman Bux is the editor and the editor's decision is final. Danke.
wasteland
Road Kill

yep amen to the leave bog off sad pale imitations leave us with the albert hall memories.

were stunning at the top of their game. the albert hall holocaust bootleg is just the best CD ever as well as the newcastle 85 one.

saw them in manchester on the silver bullet and cried. was so looking forward to the show and they were **so** crap.
msm67
Amphetamine Filth

Personally I think he looks fine. Let's face it, a person's looks are irrelevant to their talent. :von: never relied on his looks to write killer songs, sell records or concert tickets. All that came from his brilliant mind! This is TSOM we're talking about, not some candy-assed boy band! If somebody stops listening to an artist because they don't like their look, then they were never truly a "fan" to begin with. Just my opinion. :D
lachert
Overbomber

these three clips was already posted on youtube by Allsinartemisakkis, but this is a better quality version. he was so kind and upload it in lossles format (662mb!):
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=C7CVZWKO
good stuff for upcoming 2008 dvd or something :wink:
long live rock'n'roll
aims
Overbomber

wasteland wrote:yep amen to the leave bog off sad pale imitations leave us with the albert hall memories.
Get over it.

They're The Sisters of Mercy, not a Sisters of Mercy (c.a. 1985) tribute band.
Eva
Intercontinental Assassin

Motz wrote: Get over it.

Exactly. :lol: :notworthy:
You can't fix stupid.
Ghostrider
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

Eva wrote:
Motz wrote: Get over it.

Exactly. :lol: :notworthy:
:notworthy: :notworthy:

i love the sisters anno 2008.. they rock much more than they did before..
ok.. it would be great to hear them play some songs they haven't played in a while, like adrenochrome, valentine, body & soul,.. but hey.. can't have it all..

if you wanna hear the sisters play a 1985 setlist, play a cd.. :lol:
i don't sleep, so i don't dream, so i don't wake up frightened...
everything is what it seems, if you look hard enough tonight and see...
dinky daisy
Slight Overbomber

All those sad suburban goths who still cry if Marian is on their stereo, go mow your lawn with a Clan of Xymox shirt on.

Sisters is at best a human machine on war. Sometimes it's horrible to look at, sometimes it's evil, but mostly fascinating, weird and, most important, never ends.
guns & cars & accidents
pearson

dinky daisy wrote:
Sisters is at best a human machine on war. Sometimes it's horrible to look at, sometimes it's evil, but mostly fascinating, weird and, most important, never ends.
:notworthy: :D
there's too much blood in my vodkastream

----------------adam pearson------------------
Eva
Intercontinental Assassin

pearson wrote:
dinky daisy wrote:
:notworthy: :D
Seconded. :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:
You can't fix stupid.
Dark
Underneath the Rock

dinky daisy wrote:All those sad suburban goths who still cry if Marian is on their stereo, go mow your lawn with a Clan of Xymox shirt on.

...no, they're just a good band that too many people take too seriously for the wrong reasons, and too many people don't take seriously for the wrong reasons.
dinky daisy
Slight Overbomber

Dark wrote:
dinky daisy wrote:All those sad suburban goths who still cry if Marian is on their stereo, go mow your lawn with a Clan of Xymox shirt on.

...no, they're just a good band that too many people take too seriously for the wrong reasons, and too many people don't take seriously for the wrong reasons.
Seconded, but without that 'no'. It should be 'Yes, and...'
guns & cars & accidents
_emma_
Overbomber

Are you going to Bulgaria by any chance, Dinky? I like your way of thinking and I'd like to buy you a drink. :D :notworthy:
paint it black
Black, black, black & even blacker

_emma_ wrote:Are you going to Bulgaria by any chance, Dinky? I like your way of thinking and I'd like to buy you a drink. :D :notworthy:
by all means by her a drink and then kick him in the box from me

KFS :D
Goths have feelings too
dinky daisy
Slight Overbomber

_emma_ wrote:Are you going to Bulgaria by any chance, Dinky? I like your way of thinking and I'd like to buy you a drink. :D :notworthy:
no chance, but thanks for your enthusiasm anyway. Anyhow, you may like my way of thinking, but def not my way of drinking...
guns & cars & accidents
Ozpat
From the Lowlands

Amsteldamned? ;D
"as we walk on the floodland"
eotunun
Overbomber

Dark wrote:

:notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:
It was time we started colecting sandals.
There is shadow under this red rock
vicus
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

Peter Murphy - Cuts you up - watch the background at 4:27 and at the end ;-)
"Am Anfang wurde das Universum erschaffen.
Das machte viele Leute sehr wütend und wurde allenthalben als Schritt in die falsche Richtung angesehen."

http://www.poison-door.net/
Ghostrider

looks like :von: is getting ready to kick Peter off stage and start..
"beware, the crew is ready and comming to get you" :)
i don't sleep, so i don't dream, so i don't wake up frightened...
everything is what it seems, if you look hard enough tonight and see...
Bartek
Underneath the Rock

btw dose anyone know what is relation between Murphy and :von: ? never read/heard a word about Bauhaus from Andrew but i definitely hadn't read all articles/interview with him.
radiojamaica
Overbomber

In an interview from the 'old' days Eldritch was asked about Bauhaus and bands like that. If my memory serves me correct, there was no postive response to that :innocent:
in dub we trust
dinky daisy
Slight Overbomber

And i remember (from an old article or biography) the same way Nick cave thought about Von..!
guns & cars & accidents
radiojamaica
Overbomber

Indeed! Silly boys :lol:
in dub we trust