Japanese First & Last & Always vinyl...

Unknown songs and demos, who wrote what, who sang what, the usual biographies, discography gubbins, photos of Eldritch with no sunglasses, etc, etc, etc, yadda, yadda, yadda....
shagriml
Road Kill

Hello.

I read the following today:
The vinyl LP was originally released on gatefold vinyl, subsequent releases are have standard sleeves. The Japanese release is sought after as it has different song mixes to other vinyl pressings.
I never knew that the japanese vinyl has different mixes... I haven't listened to the record but only a few times...

What exactly is different in the japanese version compared to the "normal" version ?

I hope this hasn't been asked too many times, I tried search but to a no avail...

btw. How valuable is the japanese vinyl ? It's in excellent condition, has OBI and inserts (nice photo of the band, some japanese text which I cannot read, lyrics and such). Just curious, I would never sell my copy :)
Some people get by
with a little understanding.
Some people get high
with a whole lot more.
Dan
Overbomber

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I think the CD release of F&L&A is the "Japanese mix". Years ago someone gave me a cassette that was supposed to be the Japanese version but I couldn't tell the difference. That's not to say they're not different, maybe the person who gave me the cassette conned me, or maybe they're not that different. A definitive answer will be along shortly.
davedecay
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

i think Dan's summed it up nicely.
CellThree
Slight Overbomber

You could always wade through here :

http://db.tsom.org/releases/first_and_l ... lways.html
24.24.2.489 Deceased
anikk
Road Kill

I did that. :)
Last edited by anikk on 27 Sep 2008, 03:00, edited 1 time in total.
streamline
Slight Overbomber

shagriml wrote: btw. How valuable is the japanese vinyl ? It's in excellent condition, has OBI and inserts (nice photo of the band, some japanese text which I cannot read, lyrics and such). Just curious, I would never sell my copy :)
I bought mine for about £15 a few months ago.

I trust you trust in me to mistrust you