Buffalo- Town Ballroom, October 27th (post-gig stuff)

Gig reviews, set lists, thoughts, comments and observations on the 2008/2009 Sisters tour, including the Autumn/Winter 2008 U.S. and European 2009 legs.
dinky daisy
Slight Overbomber

sultan2075 wrote:Am I being bitchy? My wife says I get "sparky" when I'm working on conference papers. My apologies if I came off that way, DD.

for the record, I like the new avatar :)
No you're not bitchy. Just seeing omen where there's only canned meat at Tesco's.
guns & cars & accidents
dinky daisy
Slight Overbomber

James Blast wrote:dinky my dearest, you really need someone to sort your dreadful avatars out

Dear Gawd!
My avatars are as technically innovated as Dok is, James. It's the 8-bit style i crave for.
guns & cars & accidents
Vaannjjaa
Road Kill

242headhunter wrote:I found a review somewhere on the web:

A brief concert review: The Sisters Of Mercy

I'll admit right off I can't be objective here. I adore The Sisters, still, even though the bastards haven't released anything in the better part of two decades. I know all the new songs, the stuff they've only ever played live. (See above.) So I'm a little biased. Still, I expected to be disappointed, to go see a band live that I've loved for years and years and find them tired and dull, but I had to go because I just had to see them at least once and...

...find my fears completely unfounded.
This was exactly how I felt about the show that I saw them play in Toronto, but the only review of our show was horrid!

If your interested in reading the antithesis of that review, check this out...

http://www.eyeweekly.com/music/liveeye/article/43741

Bitching aside. I hope that you all enjoyed your show as much as we all did here in Toronto.
Llamatron
Amphetamine Filth

242headhunter wrote:I found a review somewhere on the web:
Ha! That's my review from Harmony Central Amps Forum. :lol: I post under a different username there and have something like 6k posts.
Eva wrote: Oh, dear! :lol: :lol: :lol: Well, belated greetings, then...:-)
...and a very belated hello as well!

And thank you, DrG, for the recording. I've never had a bootleg of a show I actually attended before. :)
Left at the dead badger.
Llamatron
Amphetamine Filth

Vaannjjaa wrote:
If your interested in reading the antithesis of that review, check this out...
Key words from that review: nostalgia show. Though they don't record anymore, The Sisters are a living band. This might be precisely why they're sometimes viewed as a nostalgia act, though, unlike some of their contemporaries- The Cure, Depeche Mode and the like, who still release albums.

Peter Murphy is in absolutely fine form if you want to see someone trot out all the old hits (plus a couple newer Bauhaus numbers from Go Away White, which I didn't care for at all, really- they ramped up the '70s glam influence but minus the fun.) note-for-note.
Left at the dead badger.