Andrew Eldritch

Know the whereabouts of any ex-Sisters members or hangers-on? Got any amusing anecdotes about members of the band, past or present? Post 'em here...
Post Reply
User avatar
Black Shuck
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth
Posts: 848
Joined: 05 Feb 2003, 14:02
Location: Sitting in a sleazy snack bar, sucking sickly sausage rolls
Contact:

Anyone remember him? he used to be the singer in a great Rock band, who made fantastic records.

He was a great lyricist ans songwriter who made songs that never made sense, but somehow ALWAYS made sense

He gave fabulously witty interviews, and in the horrid late eighties music scene, he made it safe to watch top of the pops. and listen to the radio.

He still has a loyal, devoted following who'd love to hear from him, and who can't wait for a new record.

and yet all we hear is the sound of silence.

So, anyone know what he's up to these days?
Gazza for England manager
User avatar
Big Si
School Bully
Posts: 6592
Joined: 19 Nov 2002, 00:00
Location: Glesga Central

Black Shuck wrote:Anyone remember him? he used to be the singer in a great Rock band, who made fantastic records.

He was a great lyricist ans songwriter who made songs that never made sense, but somehow ALWAYS made sense

He gave fabulously witty interviews, and in the horrid late eighties music scene, he made it safe to watch top of the pops. and listen to the radio.

He still has a loyal, devoted following who'd love to hear from him, and who can't wait for a new record.

and yet all we hear is the sound of silence.

So, anyone know what he's up to these days?
He toured Europe 5/6 months ago, then he played bass with his mates at a charity gig for FC St Pauli, in Hamburg.

Yes, shucky, we're all eager for a new album, tour, etc. but he's notoriously private and silent about his plans. For me, I'm expecting something in the new year, until then I can wait. You could always email him and give him a piece of your mind. Until then you're as much in the dark as the rest of us. :(
"An 'orrible Kant!"

"oh!!! PISH!" - RIP, Jam~es Blaast 1958-2016
RIP Molly "The Mum" Gallagher 1921-2018

mybelgiannemesis
User avatar
dead stars
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth
Posts: 777
Joined: 15 Apr 2002, 01:00
Location: Lisbon

Big Si wrote:
Black Shuck wrote:Anyone remember him? he used to be the singer in a great Rock band, who made fantastic records.

He was a great lyricist ans songwriter who made songs that never made sense, but somehow ALWAYS made sense

He gave fabulously witty interviews, and in the horrid late eighties music scene, he made it safe to watch top of the pops. and listen to the radio.

He still has a loyal, devoted following who'd love to hear from him, and who can't wait for a new record.

and yet all we hear is the sound of silence.

So, anyone know what he's up to these days?
He toured Europe 5/6 months ago, then he played bass with his mates at a charity gig for FC St Pauli, in Hamburg.

Yes, shucky, we're all eager for a new album, tour, etc. but he's notoriously private and silent about his plans. For me, I'm expecting something in the new year, until then I can wait. You could always email him and give him a piece of your mind. Until then you're as much in the dark as the rest of us. :(

LOL

New year? What now? A live album? Away with the runours.
User avatar
jenzi-benzi
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth
Posts: 647
Joined: 24 Nov 2002, 00:00
Location: between hot metal...

a live album???
didnt you read the interviews about a live album? (they already did a live album - no second will come up)
another question:
does anyone know if andrew is informed about this site, especially the weeding section?
if yes, what did he say about it?
User avatar
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator
Posts: 15910
Joined: 25 Jan 2002, 00:00
Location: Lurking and fixing
Contact:

jenzi-benzi wrote:does anyone know if andrew is informed about this site, especially the weeding section?
if yes, what did he say about it?
shhhhhhhhhhhhhhh! :urff:

seriously though, i've thought about this a lot and if he asks me to stop it, thats fair enough and i'll remove the weeding section. no questions asked and no complaints :)

but until he does, i'll assume he either doesnt know, doesnt mind, or just doesnt care enough to ask me to stop... in which case i'll just leave you all to it for the time being.
If it ain’t broke, fix it until it is broke.
User avatar
jenzi-benzi
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth
Posts: 647
Joined: 24 Nov 2002, 00:00
Location: between hot metal...

@ QUIFF: Do you know Von personaly?
I just thought about writing 3 dvds will all my concerts and send them to him, if had a adress to send to....
Do I drive or am I driven?
User avatar
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator
Posts: 15910
Joined: 25 Jan 2002, 00:00
Location: Lurking and fixing
Contact:

jenzi-benzi wrote:@ QUIFF: Do you know Von personaly?
I just thought about writing 3 dvds will all my concerts and send them to him, if had a adress to send to....
no.

i gather that eldritch is aware of this site though i dont know to what extent.

certainly other people within the sisters camp, that are also close to von, have seen this site and browsed it's contents (i know this for a fact) but none of them are registered here. that i know of. so far.

it's all 100% unofficial.
If it ain’t broke, fix it until it is broke.
User avatar
James Blast
Banned
Posts: 24739
Joined: 11 Jun 2003, 18:58
Location: back from some place else

can I just add that Mr. E should change his name to Colin, as in Colin Hunt!
I will be 'Paypal'ing soon once I sort my finances out QB.

many thanks
James Blast
User avatar
Black Planet
Andrew's Love Goddess
Posts: 2170
Joined: 02 Jun 2003, 20:16

Quiff Boy wrote:
jenzi-benzi wrote:@ QUIFF: Do you know Von personaly?
I just thought about writing 3 dvds will all my concerts and send them to him, if had a adress to send to....
no.

i gather that eldritch is aware of this site though i dont know to what extent.

certainly other people within the sisters camp, that are also close to von, have seen this site and browsed it's contents (i know this for a fact) but none of them are registered here. that i know of. so far.

it's all 100% unofficial.

See, I was right to surmise that Hidden User could/may well be Andrew!

:wink: :wink:

And if He ever does contact you Quiffy, give himm my e-mail addy!!!!!! Please!!!!!! LOL :innocent: :von:
User avatar
hallucienate
Overbomber
Posts: 4599
Joined: 17 Apr 2002, 01:00
Location: /\/¯¯¯¯¯\/\
Contact:

Black Planet wrote:See, I was right to surmise that Hidden User could/may well be Andrew!
but if he has no intention of posting anything why bother logging in at all? You have to log in to become a hidden user, and therefore have to have an account on HL. Being a guest would be far more anonymous.

That said, it could be Von wearing nothing but leather reading BP's posts :wink:
User avatar
Black Planet
Andrew's Love Goddess
Posts: 2170
Joined: 02 Jun 2003, 20:16

Why would he create an account? He's an arrogant SOB....he'd do it to keep us guessing..just like when he'll next go in the studio!

;) Sorry Von...if your reading this....LOL nice leather pants luv!~
User avatar
mugabe
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth
Posts: 672
Joined: 28 Sep 2003, 13:31
Location: Avesta
Contact:

Quiff Boy wrote: certainly other people within the sisters camp, that are also close to von, have seen this site and browsed it's contents
http://www.angryflower.com/itsits.gif
Vorwärts immer
Rückwärts nimmer
User avatar
Black Planet
Andrew's Love Goddess
Posts: 2170
Joined: 02 Jun 2003, 20:16

mugabe wrote:
Quiff Boy wrote: certainly other people within the sisters camp, that are also close to von, have seen this site and browsed it's contents
http://www.angryflower.com/itsits.gif
:eek: :eek: :eek:

Another Richey James in the making, I see.
:wink:
User avatar
claws
Amphetamine Filth
Posts: 148
Joined: 06 Jan 2003, 20:19
Location: lost in the drift...

Has AE ever shown any appreciation towards his fans? I'm seriously asking this
We are coming down but we will never, never land
User avatar
Jan
Amphetamine Filth
Posts: 144
Joined: 18 Jul 2002, 01:00
Location: in a corner of a foreign field
Contact:

claws wrote:Has AE ever shown any appreciation towards his fans? I'm seriously asking this
Hm, insulting the fans and supporters would be the gravestone on top on their grave, huh? Who should buy the tickets then?

No, I sometimes get the impression that he is sometimes astonished by all the people coming to their gigs, partly from distant lands. Hearing him say "Ihr seid doch verrückt" > "You must be crazy" makes me think so.

I could easily get off into an "where's new music"-rant now... but I'll save it for a few days, and get it posted somewhere ;-)

Btw, a big HELLO! to QuiffBoy - remember me from Leeds, last year? Sitting in "The Angel Pub"?

Jan
"For, in the final analysis, our most basic common link is that we all inhabit this planet. We all breathe the same air. We all cherish our children's future. And we are all mortal." (John F. Kennedy, 1963)
User avatar
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator
Posts: 15910
Joined: 25 Jan 2002, 00:00
Location: Lurking and fixing
Contact:

Jan wrote:
claws wrote:Has AE ever shown any appreciation towards his fans? I'm seriously asking this
Hm, insulting the fans and supporters would be the gravestone on top on their grave, huh? Who should buy the tickets then?

No, I sometimes get the impression that he is sometimes astonished by all the people coming to their gigs, partly from distant lands. Hearing him say "Ihr seid doch verrückt" > "You must be crazy" makes me think so.

I could easily get off into an "where's new music"-rant now... but I'll save it for a few days, and get it posted somewhere ;-)

Btw, a big HELLO! to QuiffBoy - remember me from Leeds, last year? Sitting in "The Angel Pub"?

Jan
indeed i do! weren't you with ez and vanessa?

:notworthy:
If it ain’t broke, fix it until it is broke.
_emma_
Overbomber
Posts: 2015
Joined: 24 Oct 2003, 10:19

claws wrote:Has AE ever shown any appreciation towards his fans? I'm seriously asking this
Has Sun ever shown any appreciation towards the plants who sprout towards it? Don't you just ask too much Claws? :lol: :lol: :lol:


BTW, hello Jan! :kiss: Nice to see you're still alive! :)
User avatar
James Blast
Banned
Posts: 24739
Joined: 11 Jun 2003, 18:58
Location: back from some place else

Me?
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
User avatar
Karst
Slight Overbomber
Posts: 1452
Joined: 04 Nov 2002, 00:00
Location: Belfast

Think it must one of the clear differences between the M!sh and the Sisters. Wayne & co have always been more approchable (Craig at your own peril). That also has complications (see the Xmas message from Wayne on the official website). Andrew for probably very good reason seems to cherish his privacy and I for one respect the pint size nut job for it.
User avatar
Jan
Amphetamine Filth
Posts: 144
Joined: 18 Jul 2002, 01:00
Location: in a corner of a foreign field
Contact:

Quiff Boy wrote:indeed i do! weren't you with ez and vanessa?
:notworthy:
Yup! 8) I do tell you one thing: I have great memories about the whole Leeds thing, the people, the place, the gigs... :-)

Jan
"For, in the final analysis, our most basic common link is that we all inhabit this planet. We all breathe the same air. We all cherish our children's future. And we are all mortal." (John F. Kennedy, 1963)
User avatar
Jan
Amphetamine Filth
Posts: 144
Joined: 18 Jul 2002, 01:00
Location: in a corner of a foreign field
Contact:

_emma_ wrote:BTW, hello Jan! :kiss: Nice to see you're still alive! :)
:roll: Sort of... :-) Nice to see ya again!

Alive? Barely... (read the circle...) :|

Jan
"For, in the final analysis, our most basic common link is that we all inhabit this planet. We all breathe the same air. We all cherish our children's future. And we are all mortal." (John F. Kennedy, 1963)
User avatar
mugabe
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth
Posts: 672
Joined: 28 Sep 2003, 13:31
Location: Avesta
Contact:

Karst wrote:That also has complications (see the Xmas message from Wayne on the official website)
What about it?
Vorwärts immer
Rückwärts nimmer
User avatar
Black Planet
Andrew's Love Goddess
Posts: 2170
Joined: 02 Jun 2003, 20:16

mugabe wrote:
Karst wrote:That also has complications (see the Xmas message from Wayne on the official website)
What about it?
Wayne's Christmas message was a very nice one. Rather heartfelt even. I think what Karst is getting at is the how fans can complicate things if you get too close them. I think Wayne trys too hard sometimes to please his fans without recieving some love back from them. I think that's why the London gig in October was so important to him....His fans gave back to him.

If you see it some other way Karst, please chime in.

Andrew on the other hand doesn't care.

I like both bands, and respect both Wayne and Andrew. I have to give Wayne credit though...AuRa is awesome, and he's going in the studio for another album next year. I'm looking forward to that one.

What's Andrew given us? Nothing.

Wayne's given us a lot.
User avatar
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator
Posts: 15910
Joined: 25 Jan 2002, 00:00
Location: Lurking and fixing
Contact:

Black Planet wrote:What's Andrew given us?
1959
1969
Adrenochrome
Afterhours
Alice
Anaconda
Black Planet
Blood Money
Body Electric
Body & Soul
Burn
Burn (Early Demo)
Bury Me Deep
Comfortably Numb
Colours
Come Together
Confide In Me
This Corrosion
The Damage Done
Detonation Boulevard
Dominion/Mother Russia
Driven Like the Snow
Driver
Doctor Jeep
Emma
First & Last & Always
Finland Red, Egypt White
Fix
Flood I
Flood II
Floorshow
Garden of Delight
Ghostrider
Gimme Shelter
Gimme Gimme Gimme (A Man After Midnight)
Giving Ground
Good Things
He's Got the Whole World in His Hands
Heartland
Home of the Hit-Men
I Was Wrong
Jihad
Jolene
Kiss the Carpet
Knockin' On Heaven's Door
Lights
Logic
Long Train
Louie Louie
Lucretia, My Reflection
Marian
More
Neverland
Nine While Nine
No Time to Cry
On the Wire
Poison Door
Possession
Rain from Heaven
Red Skies Disappear
Ribbons
A Rock and a Hard Place
Romeo Down
Sister Ray
Some Kind of Stranger
Something Fast
Stop Draggin' My Heart Around
Summer
Suzanne
Teachers
Temple of Love
Torch
Train
Under the Gun
Valentine
Vision Thing
Walk Away
War On Drugs
Watch
When You Don't See Me
Wide Receiver
Will I Dream
You Could Be the One

(cheers gary)
Black Planet wrote:Wayne's given us a lot.
what? "temple of kashmir" and a good story about how blue nun rock stars dont mix?

:twisted: :innocent:
If it ain’t broke, fix it until it is broke.
User avatar
Black Planet
Andrew's Love Goddess
Posts: 2170
Joined: 02 Jun 2003, 20:16

Black Planet wrote:
What's Andrew given us? Nothing.

Wayne's given us a lot.
ARGH!!!

For QB and all the rest of you who think I'm daft......

Let me put what I said in the context in which it should be taken.

What's Andrew given us LATELY in terms of studio work? Nothing. It's why we are cranky at him and living in some delusional hope he'll enter a studio and give us something.

Wayne issued AurA year before last--all new material. He's going in the studio next year to record again..all new material.

And don't tell me Andrew's done some new songs. I know he has. But It's not the same to sing a new song at a gig and then fail to properly record it.

If it irks some that I give Wayne credit for what he has recorded recently, too bad. I don't care. I was a M*sh fan long before I came to love The Sisters.

And I happen to think his back catalog is pretty damn good too. God's Own Medicine is one hell of an album. BP now sticks her tongue out at all the M*sh haters.
Last edited by Black Planet on 07 Jan 2004, 21:41, edited 1 time in total.
Post Reply