vienna 03.03.2009

Gig reviews, set lists, thoughts, comments and observations on the 2008/2009 Sisters tour, including the Autumn/Winter 2008 U.S. and European 2009 legs.
jost 7
Slight Overbomber

i will be there, together with a mate.
the venue is by far too big for the sisters these days which is due to not having many alternatives. anyway, the lights will have enough space to perform all their glory. looking forword to it. definitely.
cheers
love is just a shot away
Pista
Cureboi

I is just setting off now.
;D
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
Ozpat
From the Lowlands

Enjoy! :)
"as we walk on the floodland"
jost 7
Slight Overbomber

los gehts!
love is just a shot away
sziamiau
Slight Overbomber

well this one has gone out the window for me just getting back from work
boudicca
Sister Midnight

Alright, I received a call during the gig and was told to report that they played Arms and Von looks more and more like Harry Hill every day :lol: :twisted:
There's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Millets
jost 7
Slight Overbomber

home now, on my mobile. Best vienna gig since 1991. Guitars could have been louder but hey. Setlist as the last days with floorshow before marian. Great sound, great lights, good crowd, chris up for jokes. See you tomorrow. Great night out. Don't give it away
love is just a shot away
Ozpat
From the Lowlands

boudicca wrote:Harry Hill
For a split second I read that as Benny Hill which made me think of that old baldy.

:D
"as we walk on the floodland"
jost 7
Slight Overbomber

so the sisters did vienna yesterday. they did a great job. ilt were received well but i only saw the last 2 songs. good sound. the venue was filled much more than i expected, full but not packked, the crowd was good and lively, nothing outrageous but screaming all through the gig. setlist as munich

afterhours
Crash And Burn
Ribbons
Train / Det
Alice
Flood I
Floorshow
Anaconda
Marian
Susanne
Arms
Dominion
Summer
F+L+A
Corrosion
Flood II
-
Something Fast
Vision Thing
-
Lucretia
Top Nite Out
Temple

good performance by all the boys, andrew clear in the mix, guitras could have been a little louder but were good basically, it seemed that all of them enjoyed the night out in vienna, andrew doing some of his strange gestures which are always great to look at. stage was perfect for the lights, fog was too heavy only in a few moments. really good atmosphere to watch them.
the setlists works very good i have to admit, although something else instead of train would be nice, good things for example. c+b, ribbons, alice, flood 1 - all really good. arms was good, even better than on the dresden recording as the vocals did sound more homogenous with the music. f+l+a was great, this corrosion really rocked, even flood 2 was good which does not happen that often these days.
great atmosphere during the encores.

if a standard show turns out to be like this than the sisters have a future - they should release a live dvd now as it really seems to become a very good and tough tour, with great light-equipement, more songs to choose from as usual and obviously a good mood in the band. do it, andrew.

some great pictures:
http://picasaweb.google.at/jostsieben/SistersVienna3309#

3 videos will come later that day.

looking forword to doing some ather dates, probably budapest and zagreb.
cheers
love is just a shot away
euphoria
Slight Overbomber

jost 7 wrote: the venue was filled much more than i expected, full but not packked, the crowd was good and lively, nothing outrageous but screaming all through the gig

if a standard show turns out to be like this than the sisters have a future - they should release a live dvd now as it really seems to become a very good and tough tour, with great light-equipement, more songs to choose from as usual and obviously a good mood in the band. do it, andrew.
Thanks for an interesting review, jost 7!
What was the capacity of the venue?

The Sisters are clearly once again peaking, like they did in 1998, and yes, it's time for Andrew to take his boys with him and jump on the train now, even if it's a small regional train this time and not a high-speed intercity one ;-) Don't waste time on record companies, Andrew, use your website :!:
DaniArrow
Road Kill

Hm (@ jost 7) I actually like Train a lot! I think it really rocks and is very good for the setlist. The only problem in that medley is that it's more of an up-beat song and Det.Blvd. isn't really so they always have to play Det.Blvd. faster hehe.

And yeah euphoria, speaking of using the website, the should reall get some new songs out there, even if it's just live recordings like Susanne back then. I can't see the problem, Nine Inch Nails and lots of other artists did release records without a record company as well. I mean if they have the money to produce thousands of shirts they should have the money to produce an EP and sell it at the gigs / via their webiste... but anyway, we'll just have to wait and see...
Pista
Cureboi

Just over a year ago, I saw the Cure at the Gasometer.
It was the smallest venue on the tour, with a capacity of 3500 IIRC.
For the Sisters, they didn't open the balconies, so it was just standing.
At a guess, I would say 2000- 2500 capacity.
The Cure had noise issues with the metro running underneath, but last night I think the metro prolly had issues with the Dok shaking pieces of tunnel onto the rooves of the trains as they went by.
We certainly heard not trains (except the dreadfully dull support act "Like Trains").
Yes, the set list is the same as last night & the night before & the.......... you get the picture, but it was still really tight.
Eldo's voice is still a little bit lacking & Chris is picking up a lot of the howling & screaming in the early stages.
Cos Uncle Andrew is saving himself.......:wink:
Jost was pretty much on the spot about the guitars.
They could have been higher up in the mix, but with Eldo struggling to be heard at times, I think it was just about right.
I was looking forward to Marian & Floorshow being wheeled out.
Floorshow was a goody, but really misses those blood curdling screams we know & love.
I'm still not convinced with Marian.
IMHO it is a swirling goff anthem with subtle guitars & "that" voice.
Now it's just an extension of the mechanical beat driven style that the guys turn out each night.
It's good that it gets an airing, but I am of the opinion that it maybe should be remembered as it was.
I tried to phone a certain warrior queen at that point, but seems she was indisposed elsewhere. :wink:
For the main part of the early songs, the audience appeared to be pretty still.
Slight ripples of activity with Alice & Anaconda, but nothing large scale until Dominion, which I adore live.
FALAA absolutely rocked last night. A totally towering chorus with a lot of help for Eldo from the crowd :wink:
Only gripe there is that I wish they would sort the intro out & play the damn thing properly again.
This Corrosion is always a belter & last night was no exception.
& then a dream of a rendition of Flood II. This is what Eldo had been saving himself for......along with Vision Thing in the first encore.
Screams suddenly issued form the man himself (finally).
Same old, same old for the last encore, but TOL is my fave, so I forgive them.

Overall, a good, rocking show.
Totally bonkers light show going on there & the girl doing it was right on the ball with all the changes & chases.
She was also filming incidentally, but not sure if it's for a DVD or her personal lighting design portfolio.
Acoustics at the Gasometer were excellent, so if anyone taped it, half the job was done for them really.

Lastly, the merchandise is really good (except that awful design with the 2 stripes on it).
The new shirts have different song lyrics on, so a series to collect. Andrew S will be in heaven there
:D
s
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
jost 7
Slight Overbomber

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=OT19QILU

here we video-go: alice, flood1 and vision thing

packed into one vob file, 250mb, quite good quality video- and audio-wise, recorded with an nokia n95.

enjoy!
love is just a shot away
lachert
Overbomber

thanks you :notworthy:
long live rock'n'roll
Bartek
Underneath the Rock

and you Pista just couldn't write one single post where doesn't appear words "the", "cure" in that order one after another ? :lol:
seriously, thanks for report from battlefield.
and big thank s goes to Jost for video. :notworthy:
Pista
Cureboi

Bartek wrote:and you Pista just couldn't write one single post where doesn't appear words "the", "cure" in that order one after another ? :lol:
:oops:
Might have to get Quiffy to apply a swear filter

:lol: :lol:
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
stefan moermans
Slight Overbomber

Pista wrote:
Bartek wrote:and you Pista just couldn't write one single post where doesn't appear words "the", "cure" in that order one after another ? :lol:

No Cure for that, I'm afraid :innocent: :innocent: :innocent:
MUSICA È
DocSommer
Slight Overbomber

jost 7 wrote:http://www.megaupload.com/?d=OT19QILU

here we video-go: alice, flood1 and vision thing

packed into one vob file, 250mb, quite good quality video- and audio-wise, recorded with an nokia n95.

enjoy!
danke, nice quality!!
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

stefan moermans wrote:
Pista wrote:
Bartek wrote:and you Pista just couldn't write one single post where doesn't appear words "the", "fat bob & co" in that order one after another ? :lol:

No fat bob & co for that, I'm afraid :innocent: :innocent: :innocent:
;D
What’s the difference between a buffalo and a bison?
dtsom
Slight Overbomber

thanks. greta quality
i didn´t know that a n95 can film so good!!
2023: Los Ángeles,Las Vegas, Londonx2, Valencia Madrid, Lisbon, Porto, Bilbao
4jrgsport72
Amphetamine Filth

Thanks a lot, Jost 7 :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:
good impression what i have to expect in Wiesbaden, tomorrow.
Pista
Cureboi

Quiff Boy wrote: No fat bob & co for that, I'm afraid :innocent: :innocent: :innocent:
;D[/quote]

:lol: :lol: :notworthy: :notworthy:
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
stefan moermans
Slight Overbomber

stefan moermans wrote:
Pista wrote:
Bartek wrote:and you Pista just couldn't write one single post where doesn't appear words "the", "fat bob & co" in that order one after another ? :lol:

No fat bob & co for that, I'm afraid :innocent: :innocent: :innocent:
;D

I could swear I didn't wrote that :eek: :eek: :eek:
MUSICA È
gertsch
Road Kill

have been at vienna-gig too. great show. i think the crowd was not that good. many people didnt show any emotion.. i talked at the bar with other guys. they came to the bar with the words: what a lame gig, such a s**t...
the girl at coat check (was heißt garderobe auf englisch?) told that many people told to her that they didnt like the gig.

sure, the sisters sound as another than years before, harder, more guitars,..hmm i think this good for onstage..

reptile house merchandising is back, i bought a hoody and a shirt (40+25€). they look really nice.

ich möchte den budapest gig eventuell auch anschaun, jemand an fahrgemeinschaft interessiert?
aims
Overbomber

gertsch wrote:was heißt garderobe auf englisch?
Cloakroom :)