Heartland Forum Index
       FAQ      Rules      Search      Paypal Donation      Photo Gallery      Sisters Wiki   
   Register · Profile · Log in to check your private messages · View New Posts · Usergroups · Memberlist · Statistics  
   Follow us on   Twitter    Facebook · Log in  
08.04.2009 - Leeds
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 28, 29, 30

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Heartland Forum Index -> Sisters 2008/2009 Tour (ARCHIVED)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

PostPost #726  Posted: Fri Apr 17, 2009 8:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Your point caller? Mr. Green
Norman Hunter
Slight Overbomber

PostPost #727  Posted: Fri Apr 17, 2009 9:06 am    Post subject: Re: Girl at start Reply with quote Back to top

snncrv wrote:
Hey, I 'm the girl at the start that went down

Have you read The Dirt..? Wink

Seriously, glad you're okay.
Debi
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

PostPost #728  Posted: Fri Apr 17, 2009 10:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

eastmidswhizzkid wrote:
ok, it's a week late, but here's my twopenn'orth:

it was fucking awesome.
could have been louder, could have been longer, but it was still The Sisters.
it was fucking AWESOME!
i can't give any less of an emotional response (ever, actually) because it's so much more than just seeing my favourite band -as the sisters are so much more than just my favourite band- never gonna have had enough sex, never gonna have seen the sisters enough live. fact.

and then there's you lot -us lot- Heartlanders! meeting up with you people is always going to be a special occasion, and there was an exceptionally vast crowd of people there without whom it would not have been half as good...as i've said before i love you all, even those of you i don't. (thanks for putting up with me. Mr. Green )

briefly met chris and ben again -they deserve a prize for the amount of time they are consistently prepared to spend talking to/being phgotographed with/signing stuff for us lot IMO.

however....the cherry-on-the-icing on the top of the whole rather enormously scrumptious cake (for me) was finally meeting eldritch -totally out of the blue, whilst i was having a fag outside the aftershow. i've only ever wanted to shake him by the hand and say "thank-you" (and to do so without bugging him or making a tit of myself) and it made me a very happy man. got his autograph as well ("i know i said i wasn't going to bug you andrew but if you could sign that for me i promise to fuck off!") and when he said it was his pleasure he looked like he meant it which was good enough for me. Our fearless leader!

last but by no means least- enormous "thank-you"s to weebs, steve, michael and don partners in crime before and aft and "without whom...." We are not worthy! We are not worthy! We are not worthy!

that sounds fantastic, its really lovely when i hear something like that - you'll be remembering that forever - priceless!

and very lucky - i are jealous Mr. Green
stufarq
Popweazle Piddlepoop

PostPost #729  Posted: Fri Apr 17, 2009 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Francis wrote:
And you a Mod... Laughing Wink

No, a Goth.
Moakahontas
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

PostPost #730  Posted: Fri Apr 17, 2009 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

stufarq wrote:
Francis wrote:
And you a Mod... Laughing Wink

No, a Goth.

Surprised
stufarq
Popweazle Piddlepoop

PostPost #731  Posted: Sun Apr 19, 2009 12:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Paul Weller's a Mod...
tricky1963
Road Kill

PostPost #732  Posted: Sun Apr 26, 2009 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I have posted some pretty decent videos (9 tracks) on YouTube.

As I was stood at the front, they are a bit better than the usual "back of the hall" view over people's heads. So I reckon anyway !!

This is Crash and Burn, and if you click "More from..." it will list the others
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rWcBks_jYA0
Headingly
Road Kill

PostPost #733  Posted: Sun Apr 26, 2009 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Nice work
LouLou
Slight Overbomber

PostPost #734  Posted: Sun Apr 26, 2009 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

cheers tricky1963, great stuff!

We are not worthy! We are not worthy! We are not worthy!
7anthea7
Slight Overbomber

PostPost #735  Posted: Sun Apr 26, 2009 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

tricky1963 wrote:
As I was stood at the front, they are a bit better than the usual "back of the hall" view over people's heads. So I reckon anyway !!

Oh my - I should say so! Many thanks! We are not worthy! We are not worthy! We are not worthy!
Garbageman
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

PostPost #736  Posted: Mon Apr 27, 2009 3:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Nice one
MarkC
Road Kill

Location: Far beyond the black horizon. OK, it's Leeds really

PostPost #737  Posted: Mon Apr 27, 2009 11:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

tricky1963 wrote:

Fair comment - they are miles closer up than the <quote> crappy back of the hall rubbish! </unquote> that I took from the side of the bar.

Two things in reply:

First, despite the slur on my YouTube vids, [shameless plug for SistersLeedsApril09 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fh2IjEPGtr8], my thanks as well for posting your vids.

and Last, and as Always, I was much, much, MUCH closer - to the bar than you.
Haha haha haha!
Laughing all the way back to the bar
Laughing Laughing
Being645
Above the Chemist

PostPost #738  Posted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 12:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks to everybody for these wonderful videos ... We are not worthy! We are not worthy! We are not worthy!
eastmidswhizzkid
Faster Than The Light Of Speed

PostPost #739  Posted: Sun May 03, 2009 1:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

seconded. We are not worthy!
tricky1963
Road Kill

PostPost #740  Posted: Mon May 04, 2009 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

MarkC wrote:
Fair comment - they are miles closer up than the <quote> crappy back of the hall rubbish! </unquote> that I took from the side of the bar.

Sorry mate, no personal insult intended !

I just get frustrated by SOME of the videos that get posted on Youtube that frankly aren't worth looking at, and you just wonder why some people bother to post them. Present company excepted of course Very Happy
Spin Doctor
Road Kill

PostPost #741  Posted: Sat May 16, 2009 12:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I do hope everyone enjoyed this gig, I certainly I did! Not bad for a first time.

I write a wee blog about djing/record collecting and I put my review of the gig there: http://mensch-maschine.blogspot.com/

It's a smidge late I know, but real life and all that. I realise this probably classifies as shameless self-promotion in a bid to get readers/subscribers, but I'm sure you honest and decent folk will forgive such a slight transgression. It wasn't me...
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Heartland Forum Index -> Sisters 2008/2009 Tour (ARCHIVED) All times are GMT + 1 Hour
 Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 28, 29, 30
Page 30 of 30

Jump to: