Patricia and Von - Why did they have a quarrel?

THE place for your Sisters-related comments, questions and snippets of Sisters information. For those who do not know, The Sisters of Mercy are a rock'n'roll band. And a pop band. And an industrial groove machine. Or so they say. They make records. Lots of records, apparently. But not in your galaxy. They play concerts. Lots of concerts, actually. But you still cannot see them. So what's it all about, Alfie? This is one of the few tightly-moderated forums on Heartland, so please keep on-topic. All off-topic posts will either be moved or deleted. Chairman Bux is the editor and the editor's decision is final. Danke.
7anthea7
Slight Overbomber

czuczu wrote:
7anthea7 wrote:Actually, he can play bass (Utah Saints gig a most public example thereof)

Oh no it wasn't!
He only sang/screamed/got a bit shouty :wink:
Indeed, I was thinking of...the FC St Pauli benefit.

It was one of those days...all day. :(
Who can begin conventional amiability the first thing in the morning?
It is the hour of savage instincts and natural tendencies.
--Elizabeth von Arnim
vicus
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

7anthea7 wrote:Indeed, I was thinking of...the FC St Pauli benefit.
http://www.poison-door.net/stpauli/ :innocent:
"Am Anfang wurde das Universum erschaffen.
Das machte viele Leute sehr wütend und wurde allenthalben als Schritt in die falsche Richtung angesehen."

http://www.poison-door.net/
7anthea7
Slight Overbomber

vicus wrote:
Yup - that one. ;D

Now that the fog is clearing from my brain...there was talk about him slinging bass for the Saints gig, but it ended up not happening...but I'm not recalling why, exactly. Time to go into the deep-storage lobes... :wink:
--Elizabeth von Arnim
stufarq
Popweazle Piddlepoop

I guess he plays bass then.
Any more of that and we'll be round your front door with the quick-setting whitewash and the shaved monkey.
Debi
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

7anthea7 wrote:
vicus wrote:
Yup - that one. ;D

Now that the fog is clearing from my brain...there was talk about him slinging bass for the Saints gig, but it ended up not happening...but I'm not recalling why, exactly. Time to go into the deep-storage lobes... :wink:
i'm suprised you've not returned with the whole story yet 7anthea7 :innocent:

you are taking your time today ;D
Mr. Wah
Amphetamine Filth

sultan2075 wrote:
markfiend wrote:I don't believe the "Patricia never played a note" stuff. Her other work elsewhere has proved that she can play, and I think she did play.
Does anyone know if there's actual bass guitar on the record? To me, it's always been a toss-up as to whether or not it's synthed.
I remember in the mid-90s a bass player friend of mine (who was a very proficient player and seemed to know his stuff) had a listen of Floodland at my house and said he was pretty sure it was synth bass and that the bass sounded 'sh*t' as a result. I can't agree with the last part of his assessment, but still...
7anthea7
Slight Overbomber

Debi wrote:i'm suprised you've not returned with the whole story yet 7anthea7 :innocent:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

It's buried pretty deep - taking longer than I thought it would to find the source material...
--Elizabeth von Arnim
Debi

7anthea7 wrote:
Debi wrote:i'm suprised you've not returned with the whole story yet 7anthea7 :innocent:

It's buried pretty deep - taking longer than I thought it would to find the source material...

:innocent: :innocent: :innocent:

still here ;D
Moakahontas

Debi wrote:
7anthea7 wrote:

still here ;D

Me, too.. :innocent:
7anthea7
Slight Overbomber

Moakahontas wrote:
Debi wrote:
7anthea7 wrote: :lol: :lol: :lol:

still here ;D

Me, too.. :innocent:
Patience, ladies, patience - I'm on holiday this weekend, but I promise I'll track it down for you as soon as possible... 8)
--Elizabeth von Arnim
EvilBastard
Overbomber

Andy Christ 666 wrote:...curves in all the right places. Like most women, she looks a lot better with a bit of meat on her. I learnt the bassline to Lucretia from watching the Montreux fest performance over and over, whilst keeping an eye on her fretwork.
[shifty eyes]
Adds "bassline to Lucretia" to his bulging list of euphamisms for...thing.
Although I can't help thinking that the current candidate for Mrs. Evil Bastard wouldn't be too happy if I imagined FatPat's...ahem..."fretwork" while...er..."strumming her bass".
Checks watch to see if it's time to haul his mind out the gutter.
[/shifty eyes]
"I won't go down in history, but I probably will go down on your sister."
Hank Moody
PatriciaVanian
Road Kill

A close friend of mine alerted me to this discussion here and after reading through it I can no longer sit back and just take it. You people call me 'FatPat' and say that I was 'eating all the food that was backstage' and worst off I am accused of not being able to play. I am a musician and I wouldn't have lasted this long in the business if I couldn't play.

Don't you people have anything else to do other then to throw insults and lie about people here.

Yes I did play on Floodland, though Andrew did record over some of my parts. I received the same pay as a hired hand would get and was treated just the same. I think your idol here was spending way to much time sticking things in his arms and up his nose to care about anyone around him. When I left instead of pay I was given some clothes and stuff in lieu of pay and was treated like dirt. That is just the kind of person he is, after a few years Andrew gets tired of people and casts them aside leaving a trail of hurt behind him.

This was a long time ago in my life and I have moved on to more important things like raising a family and being the best mother I can be. If you people want to say things to me then get the facts straight and move on, I have. I am proud of my work with the Sisters but not proud that it ended the way it did.

And if any of you are brave enough then come to one of The Damned shows, we are in the U.K. now, and I am usually around the backstage area, and say these remarks to my face if your brave enough.

I have a life that I am living and a family that I am proud of and have moved on from this and you people should to.

I don't know what's wrong with you people here clinging on to Andrew like he is some demi-god.

Now let me get back to this bucket of chicken I was eating.
EvilBastard
Overbomber

Wow - can't play bass and suffers from terminally poor grammar. No wonder :von: dumped her at the nearest Dunkin Donuts.
"I won't go down in history, but I probably will go down on your sister."
Hank Moody
Nadia81

Curiouser and curiouser
Moakahontas

EvilBastard wrote:Wow - can't play bass and suffers from terminally poor grammar. No wonder :von: dumped her at the nearest Dunkin Donuts.
:lol: :notworthy:
weebleswobble
Underneath the Rock

PatriciaVanian wins post of the year hands down :notworthy:

But we really don't have anything better to do, not really, ever, period, sad but true, unfortunately, shame.

As for demi-god, well thats QB innit?

;D
‎"We will wear some very loud shirts. We will wear some very wrong trousers."
radiojamaica
Overbomber

Pat :eek: :D :notworthy:

Some of us really love you, dontcha forget 'bout that!

And on topic, I do believe Andrew learned from some of his rather huge mistakes in the past... It seems to me the 'new' bandmembers are being taken more serious nowadays. On the other hand, what do I know... ?! :lol:
in dub we trust
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

If that really is you Patricia, fair play to you to have the bollocks to come here and say your piece. :notworthy:
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
eotunun
Overbomber

PatriciaVanian wrote: I don't know what's wrong with you people here clinging on to Andrew like he is some demi-god.
Too true. We all know he's greater than that.

... :innocent: ;D
There is shadow under this red rock
Moakahontas

eotunun wrote:
PatriciaVanian wrote: I don't know what's wrong with you people here clinging on to Andrew like he is some demi-god.
Too true. We all know he's greater than that.

... :innocent: ;D

...stop dreaming.. :roll:
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

PatriciaVanian wrote:Now let me get back to this bucket of chicken I was eating.
Is perhaps a clue it's not really Patsy :roll: :lol:
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
Prescott

Too bad it wasn't really her, unless that was a very bad attempt at sarcasm on her part? Doubt it though.

Would really like to know what happened though. Or more importantly what Andrew was thinking at the time.

I'm more interested in Adam's departure though, to be honest. Wonder how that MC5 bit is going?

I think getting an interview with Adam and Andrew together would clear many things up, has this been tried?
"... because we're that kind of people."
stufarq
Popweazle Piddlepoop

PatriciaVanian wrote:Don't you people have anything else to do other then to throw insults and lie about people here.
No but then you, whoever you really are, had the time to impersonate Patricia and write this. :lol:
Prescott wrote:I think getting an interview with Adam and Andrew together would clear many things up, has this been tried?
Hell, let's just get Patricia, Gary, Wayne and Craig in there too. Last one standing has their version believed.
nowayjose

PatriciaVanian wrote:I don't know what's wrong with you people here clinging on to Andrew like he is some demi-god.
It's amusing. :D

You should've close your eyes and think of MyHeartlanded him, maybe we'd have a couple more albums then.... :innocent:
silentNate

Prescott wrote:I think getting an interview with Adam and Andrew together would clear many things up, has this been tried?
Wow- have you considered becoming a negotiator for Middle East peace causes ;D :roll:
I had a face on the mirror
I had a hand on the gun
I had a place in the sun and a ticket to Syria