Amphetamine logic

Got any interesting thoughts on a set of lyrics? Any that don't involve the word "indeed"? Find yourself struggling to decipher all those obtuse references Von makes? Read "1959 And All That" and still no clearer? Nope, us neither. Postcards found lying in a skip around the back of the Chemists can be found here... Don't say you weren't warned.
Silver_Owl
The Don

E's are as cheap as a couple of quid nowadays. They're cut with all sorts and the chances of getting pure MDMA is very unlikely.

As for speed I don't know how much you'd pay. It's sooo last year. Coke now apears to be the drug of the masses; if you can afford £40 a gram.
We forgive as we forget
As the day is long.
eastmidswhizzkid
Faster Than The Light Of Speed

re:ecstasy.-
while the price has dropped dramatically,as posted above,this doesn't seem to be any indication as to the quality ie.the good stuff is as cheap as the bad,is as cheap as the fake.

although the days of being sold aquarium-oxygenating tablets,dog-wormers (or indeed anything in pill-form) seem to be in the past there are still unscrupulous b@stards everywhere.
other drugs put into E's are usually cheapies:ketamine,barbiturates,etc.
so really if you get sold fake E's and they're actually speed,it could be worse,(though there will be next to fcuk all speed in them probably).

pure MDMA powder (crystals) is about £40/gram if you can find it,but its a case of being in the right place/knowing the right people.i've come across people selling crushed E's as MDMA but even if this is genuine Ecstasy you'r still being ripped 'cause it's still gonna have all of the binding agents used in pills.proper MDMA powder is usually purpley-brown.

re.speed- as HoM says,the popularity of speed seems to have dropped right off.cut-to-f**k whizz is always gonna be about a tenner/gram though.it can have anything in it,usually glucose (or lactose 'cause it doesn't taste sweet ,which is a give-away that its sh!t.)

"base" speed is uncut whizz and therefore "pure",although it's only going to be "pure" whatever-it-was-to-start-with:varying methods and gverment-licensing of the industrial solvents used in production (and their subsequent sub-standard substitutes) can lead to all sorts of different sh!t.

as with all drugs you can expect to be ripped-off more often than not until you have reliable sources.
Well I was handsome and I was strong
And I knew the words to every song.
"Did my singing please you?"
"No! The words you sang were wrong!"

:bat:
eastmidswhizzkid

a year and a day since my/the last entry and i have a "from the horse's mouth " explanation for the line "nothing but the knife to live for":
a good friend of mine introduced von to the technique of snorting speed from the tip of a knife dipped into a bag of said substance. according to my friend, eldritch had never seen anyone do speed in this fashion (or indeed in such quantity), and wrote amphetamine logic in their honour. cool eh? 8)

nick the stripper
Slight Overbomber

eastmidswhizzkid wrote:cool eh? 8)
Very. :notworthy:
eastmidswhizzkid

nick the stripper wrote:
equally as cool is that this person was -along with lemmy,another aquaintance of his- responsible for persuading the injured eldritch to return to the stage of the royal albert hall for the encore by compiling all the available drugs and getting him to take them.
there's not many people who can start an anecdote with "when andy came off stage me and lemmy..." and be telling the truth,however my sources' credentials are impeccable. :von:

Silver_Owl
The Don

eastmidswhizzkid wrote:
nick the stripper wrote:
equally as cool is that this person was -along with lemmy,another aquaintance of his- responsible for persuading the injured eldritch to return to the stage of the royal albert hall for the encore by compiling all the available drugs and getting him to take them.
there's not many people who can start an anecdote with "when andy came off stage me and lemmy..." and be telling the truth,however my sources' credentials are impeccable. :von:
Beautiful story man. :notworthy:
I've got this image of Lemmy holding court backstage as :von: is pushed through the door as Lemmy holds out a hunting knife with a Scarface-esque pile of whizz on it. :lol: As everyone stands back in awe as the whole lot gets hoovered up the Vonsnout. Must be when his mechanism went. ;D

Sorry Andy - I know you're mechanism is fully intact
We forgive as we forget
As the day is long.
H. Blackrose
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

eastmidswhizzkid wrote: there's not many people who can start an anecdote with "when andy came off stage me and lemmy..." and be telling the truth,however my sources' credentials are impeccable. :von:
Reminds me of that scene from Wayne's World 2 with the super-roadie talking about having to find a brandy glass full of green M&Ms in Sri Lanka at midnight "or Ozzy wouldn't go on". ;)

Another interesting roadie point: Eldritch lists Emerson Lake and Palmer in his "hate and despise" list, but his old buddy Lemmy was apparently the roadie for ELP at one stage and it was him who gave Keith Emerson the knife he used to smash up his Hammond L-100 organ in his stage act.
nick the stripper
Slight Overbomber

but the shopkeeper and his son... that's a different story altogether. I had to beat them to death with their own shoes.
Nic
Slight Overbomber

nick the stripper wrote:but the shopkeeper and his son... that's a different story altogether. I had to beat them to death with their own shoes.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Billy Idol right?

Haven't seen it in ages.
All We Ever Wanted Was Everything
PalestinianLiberator
Road Kill

ok...after reading the other interpretations in this thread, I now think I'm reading waayyyyy into the song, haha
But basically, here is what I think it's about [this is copy/paste from an earlier explanation to someone]

the song is about how people in society rarely have anything to live for and are nothing but people going about their day to day lives, living, working, breeding, only to die in the end and have made practically no effect on the world. "One life, all I need!" He sings about how desperate he is for some meaning in his life.

"Watch them do, the falling over. Watch them do, the standing still!"
The world is run by the elite,
and I believe this line to be how in important situations requiring their decisions, they tend to trip over themselves in trying to "handle it their way", or just completely stand still like idiots while the world falls appart in front of them.

"Nothing but the knife to live for" What the knife may represent, I'm not sure, but whatever it is, it is something pointless, no doubt, showing how insignificant he feels. "People, bought and sold, and the world keeps turning" To each individual, their life is their greatest possession. When you have people buying and selling this oh so sacred object, and the world keeps turning, it brings into question, is it really that important? Or is it only as important as The Powers of society deem it be?

The final bit I would like to add, is that by the end of the song, you can sense the insanity/desperation in his voice [maybe not this live version, though] but it is just showing how desperately he needs meaning, that one good reason. The Amphetamine Logic is to describe the twisted methods the higher ups use to run society, Amphetamine being a drug that speeds everything up, signifying how fast and pointless is all is.

And...
That is it =X

What do you guys think? :?

*Edit*
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PZ6ixURs1cs
Being645
Above the Chemist

:) ... agreed, ... (but way too tired now to give you some more comments ...)
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

I think you're reading too much into it. It's about amphetamines. :lol:
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
ThousandAndrews
Road Kill
Location: ..in a supermassive black hole between some half-naked dancing goils..

markfiend wrote:I think you're reading too much into it. It's about amphetamines. :lol:
..sure?
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar.
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
Silver_Owl
The Don

ThousandAndrews wrote:
markfiend wrote:I think you're reading too much into it. It's about amphetamines. :lol:
..sure?
Yes.
We forgive as we forget
As the day is long.
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

markfiend wrote:Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar.
depends which former US president is wielding it ;)
What’s the difference between a buffalo and a bison?
Being645
Above the Chemist

markfiend wrote:Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar.
That's way ... :D ... the amphetamine is only the stage fog machine ... ;D ... :lol: ...
H. Blackrose
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

One interesting point: I've often thought of "Amphetamine Logic" as a sister song of sorts to Frank Zappa's "Cocaine Decisions".
"We're Hawkwind and this is a song about love."
originalgoth
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

Sunsonic wrote:You could use some skunk instead of speed on yer hot knife
I rememebr a party once where Hot Knives were being offered and they were using skunk (pot).
I'd never known much about speed until recently.

I've smoked good pot from Humboldt County, California but that's as far as my drug indulgenece has gone or will ever go.

After only 2 or 3 hits of Humboldts finest through a pipe I was so stoned like never before that I couldn't talk for about an hour.
And I ride down the Highway 101
By the side of the ocean, headed for Sunset

Black Planet according to originalGoth
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2hYeYgNIntQ
LyanvisAberrant

An interesting thought is to change some ords around, and it turns into the ULTIMATE Emo anthem :lol:

"and nothing but the knife to live for,
one life, all I need,
give me one good reason,
give me more....

A friend of mine pointed that out, and I giggled.
A man with a fictitious grin pondered the terrain in which he flooded with anguish, for this is England. The lion cannot be tamed, this is the game.
stufarq
Popweazle Piddlepoop

LyanvisAberrant wrote:An interesting thought is to change some ords around, and it turns into the ULTIMATE Emo anthem :lol:

"and nothing but the knife to live for,
one life, all I need,
give me one good reason,
give me more....

A friend of mine pointed that out, and I giggled.
Which words have you changed around? Cos those look like the correct words to me.
Any more of that and we'll be round your front door with the quick-setting whitewash and the shaved monkey.
LyanvisAberrant

Oops.
f**k.
Just... Typed out... The original... Lyrics :( :oops:

"Nothing but the life to live for
One knife etc...
"
Sorry about that :lol:
A man with a fictitious grin pondered the terrain in which he flooded with anguish, for this is England. The lion cannot be tamed, this is the game.
paint it black
Black, black, black & even blacker

LyanvisAberrant wrote:Oops.
f**k.
Just... Typed out... The original... Lyrics :( :oops:

"Nothing but the life to live for
One knife etc...
"
Sorry about that :lol:
can you put your remix up on youtube, i'll look forward to that

a mashup with this would be top

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iyfu_mU-dmo

:notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :D :D :D :notworthy: :notworthy:
Goths have feelings too
stufarq
Popweazle Piddlepoop

LyanvisAberrant wrote:"Nothing but the life to live for

Surely that's far too cheery for a goth anthem :lol:
Any more of that and we'll be round your front door with the quick-setting whitewash and the shaved monkey.
LyanvisAberrant

stufarq wrote:
LyanvisAberrant wrote:"Nothing but the life to live for

Surely that's far too cheery for a goth anthem :lol:

I'm sure it is.
That was my gripe. :lol: :lol: