Heartland Forum Index
       FAQ      Rules      Search      Paypal Donation      Photo Gallery      Sisters Wiki   
   Register · Profile · Log in to check your private messages · View New Posts · Usergroups · Memberlist · Statistics  
   Follow us on   Twitter    Facebook · Log in  
ThousandAndrews, Moakahontas, Robert P., Amy Eldritch

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Heartland Forum Index -> Announcements
View previous topic :: View next topic  
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

PostPost #1  Posted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 2:56 pm    Post subject: ThousandAndrews, Moakahontas, Robert P., Amy Eldritch Reply with quote Back to top

The user known variously as ThousandAndrews, Moakahontas, Robert P., Amy Eldritch

Following lengthy discussion between the moderators and administrators, we have reluctantly decided to ban this user. It hasn't been an easy decision, but we feel that it will serve the good of HL as a whole.

To cut a long story short, she seems to think that she has had, or still has, a romantic attachment with Mr Eldritch. This relationship unfortunately appears to be a product solely of her own imagination. Her attempts to contact Mr E (both through this site and elsewhere) have led to our decision. We don't want any bad apples spoiling the lovely barrel that is HL.

This is a joint decision from all members of HL staff and not open to appeal.
_emma_
Overbomber

PostPost #2  Posted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Ooooooops does that mean that if I keep thinking that in the pararel universe I have the romantic attachment with Mr Eldritch, you are going to ban me too? Confused

It wasn't me...

No time for jokes, I know I'll better shut up. But honestly are you sure that these 4 usernames are all? Very Happy
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

PostPost #3  Posted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

There's a big difference between you and her. Laughing

We can track users by IP address. And ban IP addresses. We can be relatively certain she won't be back.
MadameButterfly
Mad Mental Bat

PostPost #4  Posted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Awww...I love you MOD & ADMIN people in charge! We are not worthy! Well done boys, we don't need someone posting on here under sooo many user names or maybe it was one name matching a certain personality?

We have enough crazy normal people within our home anyway!
Wink Mr. Green
_emma_
Overbomber

PostPost #5  Posted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

But come on, this is not the worst that can happen on an internet forum. Somebody who registers under a couple of user names but can't be careful enough to change, or at least hide, birth dates, and/or change the style of writing is not the biggest threat imaginable, is it. In fact it's pretty harmless, although definitely confusing, pointless, and unfair. But I'm sure that other forums about stars "bigger" than The Sisters have much more really really worse cases, like for example people who register under several nicknames only to start flamewars with one another for fun. Laughing
But this is off topic, and not my business, so I'll leave now.
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

PostPost #6  Posted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

the multiple usernames were the least of the problems, to be fair.
the cake is a lie
EvilBastard
Overbomber

PostPost #7  Posted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Are we sure she doesn't have an attachment mit Der Kommisar? Perhaps they've lost each others' email addresses and phone numbers? By banning her, preventing them from getting in touch, will we send Our Beloved Leader into a downward spiral of depression in which he spends his days with the curtains drawn, eating cold baked beans and ravioli out of the tin, playing Lemmings and blowing them all up because "what's the point?", and calling Leonard at all hours of the night blubbing down the phone about how miserable he is?

I mean, is it worth the risk? Laughing
EvilBastard
Overbomber

PostPost #8  Posted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Quiff Boy wrote:
the multiple usernames were the least of the problems, to be fair.

Now that she's been banned can you post selected snippets from her emails? Providing us with a giggle is the least she can do Laughing
lazarus corporation
Lord Protector

PostPost #9  Posted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

EvilBastard wrote:
Are we sure she doesn't have an attachment mit Der Kommisar? Perhaps they've lost each others' email addresses and phone numbers? By banning her, preventing them from getting in touch, will we send Our Beloved Leader into a downward spiral of depression in which he spends his days with the curtains drawn, eating cold baked beans and ravioli out of the tin, playing Lemmings and blowing them all up because "what's the point?", and calling Leonard at all hours of the night blubbing down the phone about how miserable he is?

I mean, is it worth the risk? Laughing

If that's the case, we might get a new album out of it! Wink
robertzombie
Overbomber

PostPost #10  Posted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

So which user was she emailing? It wasn't me...
_emma_
Overbomber

PostPost #11  Posted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 11:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Sorry if I'm a spoilsport, and I really still do maintain that using multiple accounts is confusing, pointless, and unfair, and I don't even want to know what was the most of the problems Wierded Out , and I do believe that the ban was a good decision but - just a thought - 1. We are talking about a human being who is most probably still reading this all, 2. It's a fact whether one likes it or not that being a celebrity, even a niche type of celebrity, inolves journalists and paparazzis, enthusiasts, fans, and people who go madly crazy. If one truly hates it, one becomes an accountant or a skuba-diving instructor, not a rockstar.
Big Si
School Bully

PostPost #12  Posted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 12:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

_emma_ wrote:
Sorry if I'm a spoilsport, and I really still do maintain that using multiple accounts is confusing, pointless, and unfair, and I don't even want to know what was the most of the problems Wierded Out , and I do believe that the ban was a good decision but - just a thought - 1. We are talking about a human being who is most probably still reading this all, 2. It's a fact whether one likes it or not that being a celebrity, even a niche type of celebrity, inolves journalists and paparazzis, enthusiasts, fans, and people who go madly crazy. If one truly hates it, one becomes an accountant or a skuba-diving instructor, not a rockstar.

But this is a fans forum, for fans to meet, communicate and discuss with other fans, not necessarily with members of the band. If the band member's wish to join and communicate with us - great. If not then it's no great loss. As the Mods have often mentioned, the band are aware of our existence.

Anyway, reading between the lines she appears to have taken the obsessive fan-stalker thing a tad too far despite (I assume) being privately warned several times of the consequences. All of us here are under a 3 strikes and you're out policy*

*Clause 83 It wasn't me...

"oh!!! PISH!" - RIP, Jam~es Blaast 1958-2016
RIP Molly "The Mum" Gallagher 1921-2018

mybelgiannemesis
_emma_
Overbomber

PostPost #13  Posted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 1:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Well yes, I know and I agree.
It's as I wrote
Quote:
just a thought
And now I'm really out of here,
7anthea7
Slight Overbomber

PostPost #14  Posted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 1:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Damn - I have to go away for a few weeks and I miss all the fun! Wink

Seriously, though, sorry to hear she turned out to be such a loon. It's actually rather sad. Sad
Nadia81
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

PostPost #15  Posted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 3:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Strange.IIRC, she once wrote a huge post ,in german, on the evils of becoming enamoured with celebrities. Confused
Being645
Above the Chemist

PostPost #16  Posted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 4:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Nadia81 wrote:
Strange.IIRC, she once wrote a huge post ,in german, on the evils of becoming enamoured with celebrities. Confused

Yes, I remember to have seen some longer post. Anyway, I feel very sorry for her.
It's one of the worst things to possibly happen to one's life with regard to love ...
because love is mostly not a matter of decision.

Don't know what she's done and what exactly the reactions were, but it is clear, that love
is nothing one could possibly forbid, not even to oneself. There are, however, certain
facts at times, one has to live with. And there are, of course, certain limits.

I think this is a very difficult thing for either side, since no reasonable human creature
really likes to hurt another for its love. And things like this happen so often, and not
only to celebrities. Everybody has a few others, whose love one just couldn't obey.
And there are not so many strategies known to handle it ... and it's always a painful
matter, whatever strategy one might choose.

So, I'm sorry for you, Moakahontas (as who I mostly met with you here). I found you were
a nice person and I liked your wonderful cats and many of your posts were a good
laugh and a nice chat to me. Thank you for that. Sad

And I definitely expect, your emails will not be disclosed here. That were entirely unfair.
Ozpat
From the Lowlands

PostPost #17  Posted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 7:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I know the person but I always regarded it as harmless. I guess
the ban is justified though.

But as I experienced it; I have seen worse people come around here to cheat in
trades and weeding. They are still around.
robertzombie
Overbomber

PostPost #18  Posted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 11:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

^^
Pista
Cureboi

PostPost #19  Posted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 12:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:
Moderators and Administrators have the right to do whatever they see fit to your user account. This includes banning you, deleting your account, editing your posts to remove unwanted content and humiliating you in front of your peers. Live with it.

think that covers it really.
Anyone who uses multiple user names must be doing so for a reason.
She might be a perfectly sound character offline, but seems she was a menace online & prolly right to ban her before she really got up someone's nose & caused a real sh!t storm publicly.
@the mod squad. Ta much for taking care.

We are not worthy!
TheCureCommunity
vicus
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

PostPost #20  Posted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

The whole affair sounds familiar to me. The same happened in the old poison-door-forum a few years ago.
At the moment there's no reason to ban her from the new forum, but we'll keep an eye on her. Wierded Out

http://www.poison-door.net/
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

PostPost #21  Posted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

hopefully she wont kick off about her HL ban over on your site Neutral
the cake is a lie
mh
Underneath the Rock

PostPost #22  Posted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Maybe I missed the hoo-hah (or maybe it was totally behind the scenes) but I always thought the Moakahontas person seemed reasonably OK, despite quite a strange Robert Palmer fixation. Thousand Andrews was scary, but I never made the connection that they were the same person.

Anyway, could I suggest locking the thread? It seems a bit ghoulish to be discussing a ban, and the person involved, and all that.
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

PostPost #23  Posted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

mh wrote:
Anyway, could I suggest locking the thread?
Good idea.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Heartland Forum Index -> Announcements All times are GMT + 1 Hour

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: