Heartland Forum Index
       FAQ      Rules      Search      Paypal Donation      Photo Gallery      Sisters Wiki   
   Register · Profile · Log in to check your private messages · View New Posts · Usergroups · Memberlist · Statistics  
   Follow us on   Twitter    Facebook · Log in  
A Secret 404 Gig??
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Heartland Forum Index -> Sisters 2008/2009 Tour (ARCHIVED)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
7anthea7
Slight Overbomber

PostPost #76  Posted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 10:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Debi wrote:
you seem to remember all his words Very Happy

Moi? It wasn't me...
Debi
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

PostPost #77  Posted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 11:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

7anthea7 wrote:
Debi wrote:
you seem to remember all his words Very Happy

Moi? It wasn't me...

tu Mr. Green We are not worthy!
Moakahontas

PostPost #78  Posted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Debi wrote:
Quiff Boy wrote:
if you consider all the reasons stated above for them doing a secret gig in the first place you will see that they have no need to do one at the moment.

i cant see them needing one next year either, due to the large number of gigs they have just played... its not as if they will be rusty Laughing

the next foreseeable situation i can see that might warrant one will be the 30th anniversary on 16th feb 2011 Idea

arrrgrgghhhhh - i'll be 41 then - i cant wait that long Surprised Confused Sad Surprised

Ouh..Im 31 then..haha! (Nelson-Style).. Laughing
Debi

PostPost #79  Posted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 11:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Moakahontas wrote:
Debi wrote:
Quiff Boy wrote:
if you consider all the reasons stated above for them doing a secret gig in the first place you will see that they have no need to do one at the moment.

i cant see them needing one next year either, due to the large number of gigs they have just played... its not as if they will be rusty Laughing

the next foreseeable situation i can see that might warrant one will be the 30th anniversary on 16th feb 2011 Idea

arrrgrgghhhhh - i'll be 41 then - i cant wait that long Surprised Confused Sad Surprised

alright alright. i seem to be Mrs Ancient Laughing
Moakahontas

PostPost #80  Posted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 11:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Debi wrote:
Moakahontas wrote:
Debi wrote:
Quiff Boy wrote:

Laughing

..better than Tingel-Tangel Bob.... Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
7anthea7
Slight Overbomber

PostPost #81  Posted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Debi wrote:

Well, you got the 'Mrs' part right...I'm actually the grande dame around here. Embarassed
LouLou
Slight Overbomber

PostPost #82  Posted: Fri May 01, 2009 1:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Debi wrote:

woah - hey - hang on - hold up a minute chick Surprised

i'll have you know that i am running the bristol half marathan again this year Laughing

wow, how cool is that! Cool Very Happy Very Happy

you say "again" - how many times did you run it before?
Debi

PostPost #83  Posted: Fri May 01, 2009 2:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

7anthea7 wrote:
Debi wrote:

Well, you got the 'Mrs' part right...I'm actually the grande dame around here. Embarassed

i'll remember that - as you also seem to eb the fount of all knowledge Mr. Green
Debi

PostPost #84  Posted: Fri May 01, 2009 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

LouLou wrote:
Debi wrote:

i'll have you know that i am running the bristol half marathan again this year Laughing

i have done it three times - 2004, 5 and 6. in 2007 i didnt as it co-incided with something else and last year i left it too late to enter. ideally i would like to do a PB but i have to also take into consideration that i will be 5 years older than the first time i ran it Laughing
LouLou
Slight Overbomber

PostPost #85  Posted: Fri May 01, 2009 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Debi wrote:
LouLou wrote:
Debi wrote:

i have done it three times - 2004, 5 and 6. in 2007 i didnt as it co-incided with something else and last year i left it too late to enter. ideally i would like to do a PB but i have to also take into consideration that i will be 5 years older than the first time i ran it Laughing

all the more reason to give it your best shot!

what can i say? happy training - and good luck! Mr. Green
Debi

PostPost #86  Posted: Fri May 01, 2009 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

thank you Very Happy

although on the flip side i am at least a stone in weight less than in 2004 so that may counteract the aged bones Laughing

i need to get miles on the road done but wierdly enough i dont actually like running outside - i much prefer the treadmill Confused

but the race is so much fun and a good day out Mr. Green

my husband wanted me to do it again as he enjoys the spectating - and if i am honest with you he enjoys a day not to do anything himself but see me run 13 miles whilst he has a couple of latte's and bacon rolls Rolling Eyes Laughing
Debi

PostPost #87  Posted: Fri May 01, 2009 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

and guess what we got in our goodie bag last time??

a tampax Confused

pasta Surprised

cheesy pasta sauce Wierded Out Surprised

and a black banana Wierded Out

and that was before the reccession so f*ck knows what we'll get this year Laughing
LouLou
Slight Overbomber

PostPost #88  Posted: Fri May 01, 2009 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Debi wrote:

a tampax Confused

pasta Surprised

and that was before the reccession so f*ck knows what we'll get this year Laughing

Wierded Out

try not to think about it. for your own sanity, if not for anything else Laughing
Debi

PostPost #89  Posted: Fri May 01, 2009 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

LouLou wrote:
Debi wrote:

a tampax Confused

pasta Surprised

Wierded Out

try not to think about it. for your own sanity, if not for anything else Laughing

good tip Laughing

i nearly chucked up last time when i ran past a burger van at mile 11 and smelt cheese Surprised Wierded Out
Debi

PostPost #90  Posted: Fri May 01, 2009 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

actually it may have been a pizza van Wierded Out
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

PostPost #91  Posted: Mon Mar 15, 2010 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

*cough*

just to dig this up again (because i saw an amusing newspaper headline at lunchtime...)

http://www.thesistersofmercy.com/error404page.html

Quote:
"Platform 1: west to Criminal City and The Slough Of Despond."

i know he means manchester & liverpool but did we ever confirm which was which?

because i think manchester is the "criminal city" Laughing Laughing

and liverpool fits the definition of a slough generally and of the slough of despond
the cake is a lie
abridged
Slight Overbomber

PostPost #92  Posted: Mon Mar 15, 2010 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Ah isn't Liverpool known for it's ahem dodgy activities and Manchester known for it's none too cheerful popular beat combos...? Mr. Green
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

PostPost #93  Posted: Tue Mar 16, 2010 10:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

abridged wrote:
Ah isn't Liverpool known for it's ahem dodgy activities and Manchester known for it's none too cheerful popular beat combos...? Mr. Green

that's what i though at first, but the definition of a slough ("a secondary channel of a river delta") suggests liverpool, doesn't it?

or would liverpool be a "primary channel"? thus making manchester the secondary one (ie: further along the ship canal)?
the cake is a lie
abridged
Slight Overbomber

PostPost #94  Posted: Tue Mar 16, 2010 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

"It is the low ground where the scum and filth of a guilty conscience, caused by conviction of sin, continually gather, and for this reason it is called the Slough of Despond." Mr Bunyan (and thanks Wiki!) Figure if I said this was either Liverpool or Manchester, some people might be a bit miffed... Mr. Green
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

PostPost #95  Posted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 10:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

strangeways here we come Laughing
the cake is a lie
abridged
Slight Overbomber

PostPost #96  Posted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Or Huddersfield... It wasn't me... Mr. Green
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Heartland Forum Index -> Sisters 2008/2009 Tour (ARCHIVED) All times are GMT + 1 Hour
 Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: