reporting time again ..

Have you established a good reputation at HL and got some Sisters stuff to sell or trade with the community? Or are you searching for that elusive ultra rare live bootleg from 1988? Ever had a bad experience with a trader on Ebay? Let us all know here. Outdated threads will be purged over time.

Warning: Newcomers posting here first will be treated like spammers. At least have the courtesy to say hello in General Chat first...
ribbons69
Slight Overbomber

It's only bootleg cd's where's the harm?
"I've seen Andrew Eldritch in an ice hockey shirt onstage, and I've given him the benefit of the doubt"
Tom G Warrior of Celtic Frost

we fall to rise
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

The harm is ripping people off.

Given that he's posted no pictures of the actual discs, they're obviously CD-Rs, and there's a big chance that the original recordings were made by a HLer (stands to reason).

The ebayer isn't taking any of the risks (like being thrown out of the gig) but is making money off other people's work.

Now I know that technically, copying and sharing recordings of independent origin for free (like we do here) is also in breach of copyright, but we do have tacit approval from sources close to the band -- and not charging money makes all the difference.
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
paul
Overbomber

markfiend wrote:The harm is ripping people off.

Given that he's posted no pictures of the actual discs, they're obviously CD-Rs, and there's a big chance that the original recordings were made by a HLer (stands to reason).

The ebayer isn't taking any of the risks (like being thrown out of the gig) but is making money off other people's work.

Now I know that technically, copying and sharing recordings of independent origin for free (like we do here) is also in breach of copyright, but we do have tacit approval from sources close to the band -- and not charging money makes all the difference.
Amen to that!
DocSommer
Slight Overbomber

no more items for sale, seems it was worth reporting it - wich one was offered?
despair
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

DocSommer wrote:no more items for sale, seems it was worth reporting it - wich one was offered?
:?:

They are still available...
DocSommer
Slight Overbomber

Oh - I can see them trough google translation to fake my country origin but still nothing if I hit the link directly.

All reported now - unfortnately the time is always up but there are no major bidy anyways..
despair

DocSommer wrote:Oh - I can see them trough google translation to fake my country origin but still nothing if I hit the link directly.
Strange behaviour. They all show up if I click Paul's link in the first post of the thread.
DocSommer
Slight Overbomber

Yeah it's indeed strange. That's what I'm getting if I click the link directly:

And that's via google translation:

I guess the seller don't want to offer these Items to any bidders located in germany - IIRC you can exclude countries if you sell something on ebay and in this case those items won't be displayed if ebay does recognize someone with a german IP adress. That's lame but good to know that the google translation trick is working.

Btw: I barely recall that I've warned some guys on ebay not to sell this kind of stuff every now and then, maybe this douche was one of them so he tried to hide :lol:

Maybe it would make sense to "stick" this topic as a reminder to keep an eye on the market every now and then. The more people are reporting these kind of items the better is the chance that ebay is taking the stuff down...
paul
Overbomber

Seems they're gone now on any site. Hurray!
despair

paul wrote:Seems they're gone now on any site. Hurray!
Naturally, as there was only a few hours left of the auctions when they got reported.

I only have one of the items in my history, it was sold for 1 cent:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 0466001620

Guess he didn't get much more for the rest either.
paul
Overbomber

despair wrote:
paul wrote:Seems they're gone now on any site. Hurray!
Naturally, as there was only a few hours left of the auctions when they got reported.

I only have one of the items in my history, it was sold for 1 cent:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 0466001620

Guess he didn't get much more for the rest either.
In that case I "hurrayed" too early :lol:
despair

Those have been for sale for some months now, I believe Mr. Auflage bought a couple of them.
sam1
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

paul
Overbomber

It certainly does!
despair

paul wrote:
It certainly does!
Greatest Hits 99? Looks good to me :lol:
DocSommer
Slight Overbomber

reported - reason: ugly cover artwork
Victim of Circumstance
Slight Overbomber

Reported as well, poor effort :?
Kommt Zeit,
kommt Rat,
kommt Attentat.
DocSommer
Slight Overbomber

This listing (130393896531) has been removed, or this item is not available.
:notworthy: