It was twenty years ago today ...

THE place for your Sisters-related comments, questions and snippets of Sisters information. For those who do not know, The Sisters of Mercy are a rock'n'roll band. And a pop band. And an industrial groove machine. Or so they say. They make records. Lots of records, apparently. But not in your galaxy. They play concerts. Lots of concerts, actually. But you still cannot see them. So what's it all about, Alfie? This is one of the few tightly-moderated forums on Heartland, so please keep on-topic. All off-topic posts will either be moved or deleted. Chairman Bux is the editor and the editor's decision is final. Danke.
mugabe
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

I've pretty much run out of patience, however. Oh, well.
Nothing ventured, nothing lost
abridged
Slight Overbomber

Yep. Still waiting on me Gift t-shirt! :twisted:
The Chancer Corporation
The Mentalist
Road Kill

(Is it just me or is that a bit creepy) Never the less - my goodness me how times change. The people at Reptile House wouldn't p*ss on you if you were on fire these days let alone "find some way to thank you". :eek:
The Mentalist
Road Kill

"find some way to thank you". Didn't mean to put that in quotes :roll: soz senior moment there :D
LouLou
Slight Overbomber

surely they were just being ironic?
ribbons69
Slight Overbomber

mugabe wrote:Image

I've pretty much run out of patience, however. Oh, well.
Nice card though,probably fetch a couple of quid on ebay.
"I've seen Andrew Eldritch in an ice hockey shirt onstage, and I've given him the benefit of the doubt"
Tom G Warrior of Celtic Frost

we fall to rise
metal on metal
Amphetamine Filth

I had (still have?) that card. Wasn't the card number related to gaining entry to the 10th anniversary gigs in Leeds in February '91? It's a long, long time ago and my mind may be playing tricks but I do remember picking up my tickets in Jumbo Records in Leeds on the day of the university gig. I'm sure I needed the card number for my tickets.

Possibly.

I think.

(It's all a bit of a muddle, actually)
sultan2075
Overbomber

The Mentalist wrote:(Is it just me or is that a bit creepy) Never the less - my goodness me how times change. The people at Reptile House wouldn't p*ss on you if you were on fire these days let alone "find some way to thank you". :eek:
I don't think there are any people at the Reptile House these days.
--
The most successful tyranny is not the one that uses force to assure uniformity but the one that removes the awareness of other possibilities, that makes it seem inconceivable that other ways are viable, that removes the sense that there is an outside.
Being645
Above the Chemist

sultan2075 wrote:
The Mentalist wrote:(Is it just me or is that a bit creepy) Never the less - my goodness me how times change. The people at Reptile House wouldn't p*ss on you if you were on fire these days let alone "find some way to thank you". :eek:
Unfortunately ... :cry: :cry: :cry: ...
The Mentalist
Road Kill

Being645 wrote:
sultan2075 wrote:
Unfortunately ... :cry: :cry: :cry: ...
It astounds me that Reptile House don't even want to sell you anything these days :? What is THAT about? It's a completely missed opportunity. It's a brand and instead of traders on Camden Market selling knock off "f**k Me and Marry Me Young", etc (insert Sisters slogan/lyric of choice) T.Shirts, Reptile House should be raking it in instead selling to those goffs and tourists. Why the heck not? Someone is cashing in and it isn't Eldritch. :roll:

I think I shall now go quietly and hide behind the sofa to avoid the virtual missiles after that capitalist rant. :innocent:
LouLou
Slight Overbomber

i think :von: simply can't be arsed.

alternatively, he's scared that it won't do as well as he thinks/hopes it will.
The Mentalist
Road Kill

LouLou wrote:i think :von: simply can't be arsed.

alternatively, he's scared that it won't do as well as he thinks/hopes it will.
It would do fine. It would do better than fine. I cannot bear this Reptile House opportunity squanderthon. :roll: And I'd like to buy stuff now and then :)

And may I suggest a hoodie with a zip up the front. A much more user friendly article. You can get knock off zip up Sisters Hoodies on the internet and they're cheaper but I'd like a Reptile House original, It's such a cool label.

Slopes off behind the sofa again for obvious "label whore" reasons. :innocent: :lol:
LouLou
Slight Overbomber

The Mentalist wrote:opportunity squanderthon
story of :von: 's life.

i'm totally with you on the knock off evilbay hoodies though - they're embarassingly bad.

we should start a label whores club :lol:
lachert
Overbomber

The Mentalist wrote:And may I suggest a hoodie with a zip up the front.
heh, i'll make myself such one this week for colder autum days :lol:
didn't saw any before :? graphics was on the middle or rather one side placed? :eek:
you know, where's no zip it's easier to put some graphics on.
long live rock'n'roll
LouLou
Slight Overbomber

erm... why not stick the graphics just on the back?
Being645
Above the Chemist

The Mentalist wrote:It astounds me that Reptile House don't even want to sell you anything these days Confused What is THAT about? It's a completely missed opportunity. It's a brand and instead of traders on Camden Market selling knock off "f**k Me and Marry Me Young", etc (insert Sisters slogan/lyric of choice) T.Shirts, Reptile House should be raking it in instead selling to those goffs and tourists. Why the heck not? Someone is cashing in and it isn't Eldritch. :roll:
... :lol: :notworthy: :lol: ...

... anyway, it were just nice ... ;D ...

and hell, given things as they are now with merchandising at gigs, I really can't imagine it all that much of an additional effort ... :D ...

@ LouLou ... yeah, graphics on the back is much better, anyway ... backs don't differ that much ... :D ...

and there is also space on the arms, see those old Replicant ones ... ;D ...
The Mentalist
Road Kill

LouLou wrote:erm... why not stick the graphics just on the back?

@ lachert

See..?!. You just leave it to us girls we'll sort it out. :kiss: 8) :D
lachert
Overbomber

back? backprints are good for concerts when people stands behind you. when you talk with someone face to face, he should know that you're big sisters fan, so graphics must be on the front, right? :lol:
long live rock'n'roll
LouLou
Slight Overbomber

oh but shurely you can tell a sissies fan without looking at what they're wearing! :lol:

edit - on second thought, no you can't. but i'm still all for graphics on the back. for those of you concerned about communicating the extent of your devotion may i suggest baseball caps?

edit2 - on second thought, no i most certainly may not. baseball caps are urgh! :urff:
Last edited by LouLou on 14 Sep 2010, 23:17, edited 1 time in total.
Being645
Above the Chemist

lachert wrote:
back? backprints are good for concerts when people stands behind you. when you talk with someone face to face, he should know that you're big sisters fan, so graphics must be on the front, right? :lol:
:lol: ... but only when they fit the shape of your body ... :lol: ...
lachert
Overbomber

yeah, forehead tattoos will fit well on die hard fans :lol:
long live rock'n'roll
LouLou
Slight Overbomber

yeah! but we should get them done in UV ink cos it's dark at gigs innit?
lachert
Overbomber

i was think about daylight, at gigs, sisters die hard fans just flying 1oo feets above the rest of audience, like balloons, so they are easy to recognize :)
long live rock'n'roll
Being645
Above the Chemist

LouLou wrote: yeah! but we should get them done in UV ink cos it's dark at gigs innit?
... :lol: ... perfect ...
LouLou wrote: edit2 - on second thought, no i most certainly may not. baseball caps are urgh! :urff:
absolutely, especially on girls ...
hoodies with zips were wonderful ... and now, that autumn and winter are coming with short days and long nights ... :D ...
LouLou
Slight Overbomber

lachert wrote:i was think about daylight, at gigs, sisters die hard fans just flying 1oo feets above the rest of audience, like balloons, so they are easy to recognize :)
much as i really like the idea i'm concerned about the logistics for a number of reasons:

1. will fans need to ingest helium? if so, where can they get it? ideally it would be supplied at the venue (also, people trying to sing along after ingesting helium is likely to be a nuisance for others, so we also need to make sure they keep their gobs shut)

2. what if a human-balloon has consumed so much helium that s/he can't come down? i this is a real possibility, given that people often get carried away at gigs. i would suggest the use of looooong ropes which would be tied to somewhere secure, so as to avoid sacrificing any fans to the upper levels of the atmosphere.

3. and most importantly, we would need to think long and hard about the feasibility of mosh pits and pyramids. not being an expert in either of them, i leave it to those who are to discuss the intricacies of airborne moshing and pyramiding.