Your help is wanted for an article I'm doing for UNSCENE Mag

THE place for your Sisters-related comments, questions and snippets of Sisters information. For those who do not know, The Sisters of Mercy are a rock'n'roll band. And a pop band. And an industrial groove machine. Or so they say. They make records. Lots of records, apparently. But not in your galaxy. They play concerts. Lots of concerts, actually. But you still cannot see them. So what's it all about, Alfie? This is one of the few tightly-moderated forums on Heartland, so please keep on-topic. All off-topic posts will either be moved or deleted. Chairman Bux is the editor and the editor's decision is final. Danke.
Sita
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

MadameButterfly wrote:what was the question again?
I think they are trying to profile the average Sisters fan :wink:
limur
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

Your Age ; 43
Top 5 Sisters songs ever ; Temple Of Love (Extended Version), Heartland, (We Are The Same), Susanne, Lucretia, My Reflection (Extended Single Version), Nine While Nine
Favourite Album ; First And Last And Always
How many times approx. have you seen The Sisters ; 1 (07 May 2006)
Favourite Sisters Line-Up ; Marx, Adams, Hussey, Eldritch
Favourite Gig ; 20060613 Sport Park Tasmajda, Belgrade, Serbia [Where In The World Is Ratko Mladic], (Oh, this has to be one I've been to...); 07 May 2006
Worst Gig ; N/A
Best Tee-Shirt ; Black October/Utterly Bastard Groovy/First And Last And Always/Jesus Loves The Sisters/F*ck Me & Marry Me Young/Sisters Gegen Nazis

Met Chris here and he kindly signed my 07 May 2006 ticket and we had a chat about music and stuff. He seemed like a genuinely nice guy (and Eureka Machines are bloody good too).
...train, crashin' head long into the heartland...

Pushing Good Music #PGM www.livemusicreview.co.uk
CyberAndy
Road Kill

Plenty of interesting replies so far.

By my reckoning no fewer than SIXTY different songs have been listed as peoples Top 5 Sisters Tracks :D

Only ONE person has done over ONE HUNDRED Gigs :D

I would be interested to know who is TRAVELLING the furthest to get to the Leeds Feb. '11 Gigs ................

From the answers given the WORST Sisters Gig appears to have been The Astoria 2006 :eek:
It's A Black Planet ....
ribbons69
Slight Overbomber

CyberAndy wrote:

From the answers given the WORST Sisters Gig appears to have been The Astoria 2006 :eek:
Didn't go to that one,but Nottingham 2006 was my worst gig,so maybe that whole tour was not up to much.
"I've seen Andrew Eldritch in an ice hockey shirt onstage, and I've given him the benefit of the doubt"
Tom G Warrior of Celtic Frost

we fall to rise
DocSommer
Slight Overbomber

CyberAndy wrote:Plenty of interesting replies so far.

By my reckoning no fewer than SIXTY different songs have been listed as peoples Top 5 Sisters Tracks :D
Hehe :lol:
Only ONE person has done over ONE HUNDRED Gigs :D
There are definety more >100 gig enthusiasts out there

Hard to tell since most users haven't seen the sisters since the beginning. I think you may expand this question to find out the best/worst rated gigs of each relevant band period.
MadameButterfly
HL's mystical safekeeper

CyberAndy wrote: I would be interested to know who is TRAVELLING the furthest to get to the Leeds Feb. '11 Gigs ................
Well there is also a story of how few of us have travelled the furtherest to see the Sisters performing live.

You see on one hand one can count those that have travelled over the equator from southern hemispheres to see them in the northern hemispheres.. Paris gig was one example in this madhouse.

I've seen more than one handful of gigs in the recentish years and they still know how to do it live!!! Also all gigs have been on the mainland and haven't had one bad gig ever. 8)
it's all about circles and spirals
that ongoing eternity
Nadia81
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

Eva and Eggi must be near the top of the "most gigs ,most miles" list- His signature reads-148 gigs 150,000 miles .
lex3000
Amphetamine Filth

MadameButterfly wrote:
CyberAndy wrote: I would be interested to know who is TRAVELLING the furthest to get to the Leeds Feb. '11 Gigs ................
Well there is also a story of how few of us have travelled the furtherest to see the Sisters performing live.
In my mind Nobue is the winner as she has been travelling over from Japan on her own regularly since 1990 for gigs (she's not on Heartland or Dominion). I met two guys from Cape Town who had come over for the Forum gig last year who have apparently been coming regularly to UK gigs for years.
RobF

Aye, the two South African gents have been around for a while, lots of KT Forum shows (which are starting to blend into one in my head).

When drawing any statistical conclusions from the above data, remember that a great many of the most gigged/longest travelled folk have nowt to do with Sissies-related online activity of any kind. For some. Ahem. Reason.
"...by the time I get to Arizona..."
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

CyberAndy wrote:I would be interested to know who is TRAVELLING the furthest to get to the Leeds Feb. '11 Gigs ...
I'm more interested in who's travelling the least distance. It's probably Timmy Sinister? :lol:
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
Garbageman

I travelled from Atlanta to Leeds last year for the gig.
Planned my vacation around it.
Like pushing a marsmallow into a piggy bank
Ozpat
From the Lowlands

lex3000 wrote: In my mind Nobue is the winner as she has been travelling over from Japan on her own regularly since 1990 for gigs (she's not on Heartland or Dominion).
Impressive! :notworthy:

So far there was no need for me to travel far. :D
"as we walk on the floodland"
MadameButterfly
HL's mystical safekeeper

lex3000 wrote:
MadameButterfly wrote:
In my mind Nobue is the winner as she has been travelling over from Japan on her own regularly since 1990 for gigs (she's not on Heartland or Dominion). I met two guys from Cape Town who had come over for the Forum gig last year who have apparently been coming regularly to UK gigs for years.
:notworthy: Wow now that's little details that make me smile. Funny enough I wouldn't think Sisters followers would come from Cape Town although I do know that one of the people I do know from this forum is also from Cape Town. Thanks for that lex! :D
RobF wrote:Aye, the two South African gents have been around for a while, lots of KT Forum shows (which are starting to blend into one in my head).

When drawing any statistical conclusions from the above data, remember that a great many of the most gigged/longest travelled folk have nowt to do with Sissies-related online activity of any kind. For some. Ahem. Reason.
:lol: Well I can understand that, somehow. But again Rob which parts of South Africa do these gents come from? Do you know by any chance? Cheers for that story too! :notworthy:
that ongoing eternity
RobF

the two SA gents I first met at Kentish Town on the Event Horizon dates were from "Out in the sticks" (their description) to be honest it's a bit long ago to remember. They were a pair of enormously large Bearded chaps, quite strongly accented, and unduly horrified by British kebabs as I recall. I think they were brothers, though this may be a mistake on my part.
"...by the time I get to Arizona..."
MadameButterfly
HL's mystical safekeeper

:lol: thanks Rob! Sounds like they are the real typical south african dutchmen though, judging by "the strongly accented enormously large Beardered chaps"! Out in the sticks? Probably from the bushveld.
I was just under the impression that any S.A. TSOM fans would be from JHB, the english speaking side of the clan.
that ongoing eternity
markreed
Amphetamine Filth

Your Age ; 37
Top 5 Sisters songs ever ; Crash And Burn, Ribbons, Vision Thing (12"), Lucretia, Body Electric (12")
Favourite Album ; Vision Thing.
How many times approx. have you seen The Sisters ; 23
Favourite Sisters Line-Up ; Eldritch, Pearson, Starling (1996-2003)
Favourite Gig ; NEC 1992, London Forum 2003
Worst Gig ; London 2006
Best Tee-Shirt ; Too many to choose, The Girls do the best T-shirts of the lot. At a push, The People's Republic Of West Yorkshire.
CyberAndy
Road Kill

Thanks to everyone who has replied :D

Some of the info gained from peoples answers will be used in the Article I'm doing for the next UnScene Magazine - out later this year.

For the record the track chosen the MOST times in peoples Top 5's was 'RIBBONS' :D
It's A Black Planet ....
lachert
Overbomber

'cause she looked good in ribbons.
long live rock'n'roll
shivarising
Amphetamine Filth

Alice (1993), This Corrosion, Ribbons, Flood II, Body Electric.
Floodland.
AE, Adam Pearson, Mike Varjak, Doktor.
Los Angeles, 1991.
worst gig??
F*ck Me And Marry Me Young.

I remember in '91 a Tower Records had a signing here in the San Fernando Valley, north of Los Angeles. They clearly waaaay underestimated the crowd turnout. The signing was at noon on a Saturday. By 9am, the line was so long there was no hope of anyone getting anything signed. They tried turning people away but no dice. The sight of 5,000 pale, black clad folks in a line at noon, clear blue sky, bright and sunny Southern California - I wish I could've gotten an aerial shot of that! :lol: