an evening with EINSTÃœRZENDE NEUBAUTEN

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
lazarus corporation
Lord Protector

weebleswobble wrote:
lazarus corporation wrote:Just got back from the London Einstürzende Neubauten weekend - all very good indeed. And very good to meet up with boudicca and Doktor Gott again

was the good Dok standing beside any bootleggers? :innocent:
The good Dok paid over hard cash at the Einstürzende Neubauten merchandise desk for one of the official USB sticks that went on sale after the second gig containing sound-desk recordings of both nights.

Pie-tastic!
lazarus corporation
Lord Protector

Some footage I just found on YouTube from the 2nd night:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ASmVXEMNYl4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IyI8KL0p-vg
Doktor Gott
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

Pffft.. I was incredibly well behaved but that might be more to do with dying with the flu than anything else..

Though I did get told to be quiet by a self-important hipster girl (who actually described the audience as 'turds' on last.fm, so go figure...) who was probably put out by the sound of two scots bletherin' away between songs.. :/

2nd night was def the better of the two though, more intimitate, relaxed playing and they played all of the Grundstuck sequence as the opener.. result!

USB stick is a nuisance though, the first night's recording is screwed.. :/ Have emailed the EN website and awaiting a response to see if it's a fault with the recording or the stick.. hope it's not the recording tbh.. :(

N' props to Paul and Claire for putting up with my slow death show.. :D (This flu/cold is a proper swine.. )
I give you the finger but you want the whole hand...
------------------------------------------------------

http://www.pbase.com/gottdammerung/galleries
Obviousman
Outside the Simian Flock

Looking forward to their Brussels gigs some more now 8)
Styles are a lie.

My Facebook/My Flickr
Carpathian Psychonaut
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

(Yes, it's me. Yes, I vanished for...well.....years basically. Real life got to me. Well, that, depression & a possible brain/sight issue I'm waiting for MRI test results for. This was a good excuse to show my face. Be gentle. Even you, James ;D)

Soooooo, I'm standing in the crowd on the Sunday night, having just enjoyed the mighty Neubauten playing with Sand and voicing their Vox Populi etc etc and by the side of me stood a young lady. I looked over, as you do, and was sure I recognised her from an age gone by. I did a double and triple take but didn't get the bottle together to say hi. I mean, imagine the conversation:-

Me: "Scuse me, would you be Claire?"
Them: "No. Why?"
Me: "Well, if it had been you then I never met you at a Sisters Heartland do years ago, which was a real shame, and thought if you would be anywhere this weekend then it would certainly have been here. Sorry for bothering you"

Yeah. Exactly. There would have been nothing embarrassing about that, would there. Coming home on the train, more than somewhat after the fact, I decided I should find out after all. I was wearing a shirt with the "Fünf auf der nach oben offenen Richterskala" eagle logo on it, if that helps.

So, hello again and I'm off to unpack.
You’ll Disappear Before The Next Star Rises
Obviousman
Outside the Simian Flock

Carpathian Psychonaut wrote:(Yes, it's me. Yes, I vanished for...well.....years basically. Real life got to me. Well, that, depression & a possible brain/sight issue I'm waiting for MRI test results for. This was a good excuse to show my face. Be gentle. Even you, James ;D)
Hey man! Good to see you drop by!
Styles are a lie.

My Facebook/My Flickr
MadameButterfly
HL's mystical safekeeper

Obviousman wrote:
Carpathian Psychonaut wrote:(Yes, it's me. Yes, I vanished for...well.....years basically. Real life got to me. Well, that, depression & a possible brain/sight issue I'm waiting for MRI test results for. This was a good excuse to show my face. Be gentle. Even you, James ;D)
Hey man! Good to see you drop by!
Wow! Like Obviousman says good to see you! Hope all works out well health wise. Us gentle? :lol: Never. Just good to see you around again.

:notworthy: Welcome back. :D
it's all about circles and spirals
that ongoing eternity
Carpathian Psychonaut

Thanks, both of you.

I'll probably be an infrequent poster but I'll try and at least lurk more often. That said, anything is more than my recent none at all. :D
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

Hello Carpy!
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
weebleswobble
Underneath the Rock

UP YER BUM CARPY
‎"We will wear some very loud shirts. We will wear some very wrong trousers."
Carpathian Psychonaut

weebleswobble wrote:UP YER BUM CARPY
Ah, it's like the good ol' days ;D
christophe
Overbomber

Carpathian Psychonaut wrote:
weebleswobble wrote:UP YER BUM CARPY
Ah, it's like the good ol' days ;D
:lol:
welcome back sir. :D
Another Shade of You.
Carpathian Psychonaut

Ta folks - I know going away suddenly and turning up years later is somewhat like a crap soap opera plot device but, frankly, there were a lot of decisions I don't think I was consciously making to an extent. Still far from 'right', whatever that is, but learning ways to steady the good ship Carpy as best I can.

Actually, so as not to hijack the thread, I'll add that the collaboration between Jochen & Scanner that ended the night was pretty amazing stuff, like if Ben Frost was on Raster Noton but giving spikes of Kraftwerk or Recoil. Really loud too. A blinding set indeed and much, much more than just a bonus. My appreciation of Herr Arbeit and what he does has risen muchly.

edit: just had word back from Robin (Scanner):
We both were honestly astounded ourselves given that we had no plans at all :-) It was indeed recorded and we'll be checking it out in the next weeks to see what to do with it. It was a very intense and heavy set indeed. Hopefully we can do it again some day too!
boudicca
Sister Midnight

Oh fcuk, you should have said hi, Carpy! :D I was always sad that I never got to meet you. And with a t-shirt like that... I would have needed to know where you got one of those :eek: :notworthy:

I will be doing future Neubauten tours (probably European dates as well, since I enjoyed last weekend so much), so next time it would be very nice to see you. Don't be shy - I'm just as bad and that way we'll never get talking :lol:

(on a related note, Paul and Darryl - I found that Kettle-woman on facebook, looks like we were both doing the same thing of not-wanting-to-go-up-and-speak-to-the-other-whilst-sober :lol: ).
There's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Millets
Carpathian Psychonaut

boudicca wrote:Oh fcuk, you should have said hi, Carpy! :D I was always sad that I never got to meet you. And with a t-shirt like that... I would have needed to know where you got one of those :eek: :notworthy:

I will be doing future Neubauten tours (probably European dates as well, since I enjoyed last weekend so much), so next time it would be very nice to see you. Don't be shy - I'm just as bad and that way we'll never get talking :lol:
{Ouch!}

That was the sound of me kicking myself. I'd wager that it was you standing next to me then - roughly slightly to the right of centre a few rows back then you were over towards the right hand side further forward once the supports started? - I'm sure it was now I know you were there. How I ever thought you'd be anywhere else I really don't know ;D

The shirt was just found on lovely eBay, that sucker of cash from pockets. It's a re-do of the front of the original tour one from the time, not an original one, but very good nick & quite striking.

Damn gigs costing cash afterwards - just ordered the SAA IV digipak edition AND the re-release of Blixa's Commisioned.

Next time, Claire. We'll get there in the end.
Silver_Owl
The Don

Great to see you around Carpy :D You have been missed.
We forgive as we forget
As the day is long.
splintered thing

Yay for Blixa! You lucky folk.
And welcome back Carpy! When last here I believe there was a long chat about corriander :lol:
as the day is long,
rain from heaven
Carpathian Psychonaut

Interview with Scanner about the fan-bloody-tastic collaboration on the Sunday night and his history with EN:-

http://thequietus.com/articles/05133-ro ... -neubauten

and on his FB feed:-
A little interview with the very fine The Quietus website regarding the live collaboration with Jochen Arbeit of Einstürzende Neubauten at the Garage London. Recordings are now in of this performance and sounding deeply dirty and epic so we will be considering what to do with them next.
Result!!!! :notworthy: :notworthy:
Silence is platinum
Slight Overbomber

Τhe band played Athens last night, unfortunately i wont be able to attend tonight s performance as well.

Their performance is just beyond words, absolutely breathtaking.-
Carpathian Psychonaut

It is with great regret that Einstürzende Neubauten announce the cancellation of their planned thirtieth anniversary appearances in Los Angeles, San Francisco, Chicago, Toronto and New York. While the US Department of Homeland Security did issue approvals for the band's visas, it was not done in time to secure the appointments at the overseas embassies and consulates that represent the necessary final step in the process.

The band members are tremendously disappointed by this turn of events and wish to thank all those fans who purchased tickets for these performances for their support. The band would have loved to do the tour and meet their overseas fans. Because this tour was a time-sensitive production, it will not be rescheduled. Ticketholders can obtain refunds from their point of purchase.
The US government/bureaucracy managed to screw the Last EN tour in the USA (my friend from New York had to fly to London to see them) and now they've done it again for this one.