"Floodland" recording anecdote

Unknown songs and demos, who wrote what, who sang what, the usual biographies, discography gubbins, photos of Eldritch with no sunglasses, etc, etc, etc, yadda, yadda, yadda....
AdrenaChris
Amphetamine Filth

One of my friends just reminded me of something they told me ages ago of how while she was at LCM (Leeds Music College) one of her Lecturers was a studio engineer on "Floodland" (working for Andy Jackson) and had a hilarious story about Eldritch apprently spending THREE DAYS getting one kick drum sound right
At least 50% of which was just him taking stupid amounts of coke and re-arranging objects in the studio to try and elicit acoustic effects which apparently he was only really hearing because he was so coked up.
:von:
damagedone
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

Hahahh,now I love the kick drums in Floodland even more :lol: :notworthy: :von:
stufarq
Popweazle Piddlepoop

That could explain the VT sessions...
Any more of that and we'll be round your front door with the quick-setting whitewash and the shaved monkey.
_emma_
Overbomber

So Floodland was not made on hallucinogenic drugs? :eek: :lol:
Machine Regime
Amphetamine Filth

The kick drum on Floodland was pretty tight, but the one he uses these days is off the chain - probably sampled from about a million different sounds put together... pity we'll probably never be hearing from the good Doktor again on another studio record...
People do so like to help you keep your feet on the ground