How would the unreleased songs fare as a NEW ALBUM?

THE place for your Sisters-related comments, questions and snippets of Sisters information. For those who do not know, The Sisters of Mercy are a rock'n'roll band. And a pop band. And an industrial groove machine. Or so they say. They make records. Lots of records, apparently. But not in your galaxy. They play concerts. Lots of concerts, actually. But you still cannot see them. So what's it all about, Alfie? This is one of the few tightly-moderated forums on Heartland, so please keep on-topic. All off-topic posts will either be moved or deleted. Chairman Bux is the editor and the editor's decision is final. Danke.
DOMINION1966
Road Kill

Wikipedia lists these as NEW songs that the Sisters of Mercy have performed live but never recorded. If this collection of songs was released as a new album, how would the new album stack up to the first three albums:

Come Together
War on Drugs
Summer
Romeo Down
We are the same, Susanne
Will I dream?
New world order
Crash and burn
Top nite out
I have slept with all the girls in berlin
Still
Arms

Or maybe someone is way ahead of me and compiled these songs and created a "new album"?

In any case, How does this "new album" stand up?
Ozpat
From the Lowlands

Discussed several times and to be honest I don't care anymore 'cause these songs won't be released. You might get better answers here but welcome anyway! :wink:
"as we walk on the floodland"
lachert
Overbomber

what's New world order? ministry cover? :eek:
long live rock'n'roll
Being645
Above the Chemist

an instrumental they were said to have played from PA some time in the 90ies ... no audio evidence of that, whatsoever ...

for more information see

http://tours.tsom.org/1998s/concerts/19980829.htm
lachert
Overbomber

ah, now i remember. thanks, but this should be in the same category as spacetime intro or something like that, me think :wink:
long live rock'n'roll
robertzombie
Overbomber

Who made this?
Karst
Slight Overbomber

Technically, good things is also unreleased. Actually, that would be good way to end the album. Live versions of GT and TNO.

And Oz is right, it will never see the light of day.
centurionofprix
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

Some of their very best songs IMO (Summer, Susanne, C&B, Romeo Down, Slept, Come Together) but they might be difficult to bring together into a coherent album, written separately as they were.
paul
Overbomber

Ozpat wrote:Discussed several times and to be honest I don't care anymore 'cause these songs won't be released. You might get better answers here but welcome anyway! :wink:
What he says...
markreed
Amphetamine Filth

They'd do fine.

Top Nite Out
Crash And Burn
Come Together
We Are The Same Suzanne
Summer
Slept
Will I Dream?
Arms
Still
War On Drugs

Looks like a fine elpee to me.
moses

markreed wrote:They'd do fine.

Top Nite Out
Crash And Burn
Come Together
We Are The Same Suzanne
Summer
Slept
Will I Dream?
Arms
Still
War On Drugs

It may look good (as long as the cover is better than their first and last)but unfortunately doesn't sound good.
The ceremony of innocence is drowned;
The best lack all conviction, while the worst
Are full of passionate intensity
DOMINION1966
Road Kill

moses wrote:

Top Nite Out
Crash And Burn
Come Together
We Are The Same Suzanne
Summer
Slept
Will I Dream?
Arms
Still
War On Drugs

It may look good (as long as the cover is better than their first and last)but unfortunately doesn't sound good.
So, you don't feel like the new songs listed above are up to snuff for a proper followup to Vision Thing?
markreed
Amphetamine Filth

I forgot Romeo Down. Hmm.

Nonetheless, The Girls also have never played the whole of an album in the surrounding live flurry - especially Floodland, so I dare say there's a few works they've not done yet.
moses

DOMINION1966 wrote: So, you don't feel like the new songs listed above are up to snuff for a proper followup to Vision Thing?
If it had been released a year after Vision Thing perhaps. But it all sounds dated now, even Arms sounds like it has been dragged out of a black hole.
The ceremony of innocence is drowned;
The best lack all conviction, while the worst
Are full of passionate intensity
Ozpat
From the Lowlands

moses wrote: Arms sounds like it has been dragged out of a black hole.
:lol: That sounds different to me than you probably mean. :notworthy:

Nonetheless....I agree.
"as we walk on the floodland"
Bluebell
Road Kill

Ozpat wrote:..and to be honest I don't care anymore 'cause these songs won't be released.
:notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:
bangles
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

Top Nite Out
Crash And Burn
Come Together
We Are The Same Suzanne
Summer
Slept
Will I Dream?
Arms
Still
War On Drugs

Totally agree! Although I'd say there's bound to be a a few gems they never played live to be added - Far Parade for instance!!!

And in terms of it being released... Over the years I've learned never to expect anything from the Sisters as they always follow their own contrary path... and to me that includes releasing an album when it's least expected! (well, a guy can keep dreaming, can't he...!)
Asperum Aestimate Fimi Aliquid Hodie
playboy
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

Top Nite Out
Crash And Burn
Come Together
We Are The Same Suzanne
Summer
Slept
Will I Dream?
Arms
Still
War On Drugs

Only one problem....
Andrew has told me that he won´t, if he release a new record, include songs written by past members.
So we can forget Top Nite Out (well, at least the instrumental one we have heard on concerts, however Andrew has written another one with the same title, including lyrics....) as it is written by Adam Pearson.
And we can forget Crash And Burn, Summer, Slept and Come Together as the music is written by Adam.
And we can forget Will I Dream as it is written by Andrew, Adam and Srdjan Miodgragovic (also calls himself Mike Varjak).
And we can forget Susanne as the music is written by Srdjan.

Remaining songs are: Arms and Still......

So in order to release a new album ever they have to write some more songs and not change members so they have to start over all again......
Aazhyd
Amphetamine Filth

I assume Eldritch wrote at least a couple of songs or song bases, without having them played live.
Only the Americans could have built a place like this in the middle of a jungle.
Husek

I'd kill to hear New World Order just one single time.
Project Personal Dok
Hardware: 100% (Single Hackintosh)
AU: 90%
Software: 90%
The Final Floorshow - My Own Sisters T-Shirt Shop
sultan2075
Overbomber

Pretty sure it's on Psalm 69: The Way to Succeed and the Way to Suck Eggs, Husek.
--
The most successful tyranny is not the one that uses force to assure uniformity but the one that removes the awareness of other possibilities, that makes it seem inconceivable that other ways are viable, that removes the sense that there is an outside.
Aazhyd
Amphetamine Filth

Decent album, nothing more than that.
Only the Americans could have built a place like this in the middle of a jungle.
Mr Alphabet
Road Kill

playboy wrote: Only one problem....
Andrew has told me that he won´t, if he release a new record, include songs written by past members.
So we can forget Top Nite Out (well, at least the instrumental one we have heard on concerts, however Andrew has written another one with the same title, including lyrics....) as it is written by Adam Pearson.
And we can forget Crash And Burn, Summer, Slept and Come Together as the music is written by Adam.
And we can forget Will I Dream as it is written by Andrew, Adam and Srdjan Miodgragovic (also calls himself Mike Varjak).

that's a nice little album isn't it? that's a cosy ten minutes.

they really have gone spinal tap
centurionofprix

playboy wrote: Only one problem....

So in order to release a new album ever they have to write some more songs and not change members so they have to start over all again......
When did he say that, if you don't mind the asking? I thought the bottleneck was previously Pearson's refusal to have his songs released online (perhaps for reasons somewhat touched upon here) but now Eldritch doesn't want to release the old stuff? Any idea why?
James Blast
Banned

it's all bollix, relax

we've been fucked, move on :|

if it's any consolation, no, I'm not happy either :cry:
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele