2011-11-19 Lund

Gig reviews, set lists, thoughts, comments and observations on the 2010 Sisters dates and the 2011 30th Anniversary tour
Drsisters
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

Andrew Eldritch Dour Festival 1997: Yeah, We take any request... As much as we ever do.
TheGoodSon
Amphetamine Filth

And only a half hour drive from my house - thankee sai. :) Anyone else up for this one?
The dominant need of the needy soul is to be needed.
Yggdrasil
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

TheGoodSon wrote:And only a half hour drive from my house - thankee sai. :) Anyone else up for this one?
At least five of us will be there from Malmö!
euphoria
Slight Overbomber

Tickets

http://www.eventim.se/cgi-bin/sisters-o ... rid=291148

Probably only doing Stockholm of the swedish gigs as it looks right now...
Dimehart
Amphetamine Filth

Anyone been to Mejeriet before? Is it big inside? What is the approx capacity? I walk by every day but can't figure out how many people they can let in...
"Love is the empty place where loneliness is born"
euphoria
Slight Overbomber

Dimehart wrote:Anyone been to Mejeriet before? Is it big inside? What is the approx capacity? I walk by every day but can't figure out how many people they can let in...
I think 900..read it somewhere, never been there.

Hm, old veteran are you? :) Are you maybe Patrik from Lund, who had a Sisters page back in the 90s?
Dimehart
Amphetamine Filth

euphoria wrote:
Dimehart wrote:Anyone been to Mejeriet before? Is it big inside? What is the approx capacity? I walk by every day but can't figure out how many people they can let in...
I think 900..read it somewhere, never been there.

Hm, old veteran are you? :) Are you maybe Patrik from Lund, who had a Sisters page back in the 90s?

900 sounds reasonable! Far better than a big arena... Thanks for the answer!

Veteran yes! But I'm not Patrik.
"Love is the empty place where loneliness is born"
Drsisters
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

hope Mejeriet have better sound then KB have.. KB was a horrible venue...
Andrew Eldritch Dour Festival 1997: Yeah, We take any request... As much as we ever do.
Yggdrasil

Drsisters wrote:hope Mejeriet have better sound then KB have.. KB was a horrible venue...
My friend tells me it's pretty bad, apparently it gets exceptionally hot and stuffy.
xfloorshowx

The capacity at Mejeriet is 850. The sound is usually good and sometimes really good, seen many bands there during the years. And yes, if it's a good night, it will be hot and stuffy, the way it should be! It will be great to see the girls in one of my favorite venues :D
...I’ve never had the desire to make a record unless I have something to say...
Yggdrasil

xfloorshowx wrote:The capacity at Mejeriet is 850. The sound is usually good and sometimes really good, seen many bands there during the years. And yes, if it's a good night, it will be hot and stuffy, the way it should be! It will be great to see the girls in one of my favorite venues :D
That sounds great! I'll just have to bring my portable AC unit then. 8)
Bluebell
Road Kill

By the way..It wont be Lund, it would be malmo, but the venue is the same :D
euphoria
Slight Overbomber

Bluebell wrote:By the way..It wont be Lund, it would be malmo, but the venue is the same :D
:lol:

Yeah, the venue is the same, because they ARE playing in Lund regardless of what it says on the official page right now.
playboy

euphoria wrote:
Bluebell wrote:By the way..It wont be Lund, it would be malmo, but the venue is the same :D
:lol:

Yeah, the venue is the same, because they ARE playing in Lund regardless of what it says on the official page right now.
Yeah, we should mail them and tell them to correct the info. Oh, I forgot, we can´t cause there´s no concact info whatsoever.....
euphoria
Slight Overbomber

playboy wrote: Yeah, we should mail them and tell them to correct the info. Oh, I forgot, we can´t cause there´s no concact info whatsoever.....
Well I think it's Chris doing the updates, and he's easy to get in contact with.

Captain :von: has obviously left the ship when it comes to live news, and I think he did so already after the Silver Bullet tour in 2006, the last one with his funny comments.

:von: would never have updated this fast - and with so many errors. The ticket swap info is also too friendly to come from him ;D
playboy

euphoria wrote:
playboy wrote: Yeah, we should mail them and tell them to correct the info. Oh, I forgot, we can´t cause there´s no concact info whatsoever.....
Well I think it's Chris doing the updates, and he's easy to get in contact with.

Captain :von: has obviously left the ship when it comes to live news, and I think he did so already after the Silver Bullet tour in 2006, the last one with his funny comments.

:von: would never have updated this fast - and with so many errors. The ticket swap info is also too friendly to come from him ;D
Yeah, I guess you are right..... I´ll send Chris an email and see if he (or someone) will correct it.
Being645
Above the Chemist

In fact, the Mejeriet in Lund is about 10 miles (15km) from Malmö ...

lachert
Overbomber

xfloorshowx wrote:The capacity at Mejeriet is 850.
fook. small. should i buy tickets now? :eek:
long live rock'n'roll
playboy

lachert wrote:
xfloorshowx wrote:The capacity at Mejeriet is 850.
fook. small. should i buy tickets now? :eek:
Hard to tell, but I don´t think it will be sold out. Last time they were in Sweden they played at a venue 15 minutes (by car) from this one, about the same size and it wasn´t sold out.
And that was the first time they ever played in south of Sweden.
Finding another 850 hardcore fans will be tough. Maybe a lot will show up, buying a ticket the last week or so cause they don´t have got anything better to do. But 850 people here in the south of Sweden who want to see them so much as to buy a ticket now is hard to believe as many of those who saw them last time here will not go again.

But then again, you can never tell... But my guess is that since they are doing two other shows in Sweden, and since they did not sell out here last time, and many of those who saw them last time was first time-goers (and last-time goers) it would be a sensation if it was sold out.

But if you really, really want to se them there, why wait anyway?
euphoria
Slight Overbomber

:?:

Both Malmö (750) and Göteborg (1700) were sold out a few weeks before the gigs in 2006...and Stockholm (2200) just before the gig in 2009.

Which doesn't mean I think they will sell out now.

I don't think you need to hurry Lachert :wink:

A bigger problem is that the Lund concert is only sold via the stupid eventim.se page, which requires registration - and knowledge of Swedish :urff: I'll see if I can do some guide for our fellow fans from abroad (but I'd be more than happy to let somebody else do it as well ;D )
There is an alternative for those who cannot wait, the have a call center open Mon-Fri 10-18, +46 771 651 000.
playboy

euphoria wrote::?:

Both Malmö (750) and Göteborg (1700) were sold out a few weeks before the gigs in 2006...and Stockholm (2200) just before the gig in 2009.

A bigger problem is that the Lund concert is only sold via the stupid eventim.se page, which requires registration - and knowledge of Swedish :urff: I'll see if I can do some guide for our fellow fans from abroad (but I'd be more than happy to let somebody else do it as well ;D )
There is an alternative for those who cannot wait, the have a call center open Mon-Fri 10-18, +46 771 651 000.
They sold more tickets at the door in Malmö. I bought one myself.
xfloorshowx

playboy wrote:
euphoria wrote::?:

They sold more tickets at the door in Malmö. I bought one myself.
True, tickets were sold at the door. I think they will sell out in Lund, it's on Saturday and this time it's no date in Copenhagen announced.
...I’ve never had the desire to make a record unless I have something to say...
euphoria
Slight Overbomber

Ok, I see - I almost suspected that - at least KB felt as if they had squeezed in a good few hundred more than allowed ;D
playboy

playboy wrote:
euphoria wrote:

Yeah, I guess you are right..... I´ll send Chris an email and see if he (or someone) will correct it.
I did email Chris and the website are now stating Lund and not Malmö. The venue is misspelled but I won´t mail him bout that though...
Thebanshee
Road Kill

I'm coming for the first time.

:innocent: