1969... twice?

Unknown songs and demos, who wrote what, who sang what, the usual biographies, discography gubbins, photos of Eldritch with no sunglasses, etc, etc, etc, yadda, yadda, yadda....
robertzombie
Overbomber

On the Leeds Uni 1982 bootleg they play 1969, then Sister Ray, then 1969 again..!

Any reason for this?
Ozpat
From the Lowlands

The second one sounds different. Well maybe they just felt like playing it again.....slightly different... 8)
"as we walk on the floodland"
lazarus corporation
Lord Protector

they didn't have many songs back in '82, remember
Big Si
School Bully

And it's more of an instrumental version.
Wyrd bið ful aræd...

mybelgiannemesis
Ozpat
From the Lowlands

lazarus corporation wrote:they didn't have many songs back in '82, remember
That was my first thought as well but if that's the reason, why not playing Good Things?
lazarus corporation
Lord Protector

Ozpat wrote:
That was my first thought as well but if that's the reason, why not playing Good Things?
I wonder the Doktor of the time had a very limited memory, and they could store a small number of songs on it. Then, presented with the chance of an encore, they just have to play one song twice. (All pure guess work)
Ozpat
From the Lowlands

lazarus corporation wrote:
Ozpat wrote:
I wonder the Doktor of the time had a very limited memory, and they could store a small number of songs on it. Then, presented with the chance of an encore, they just have to play one song twice. (All pure guess work)
That could be a reason.... :wink:
robertzombie
Overbomber

Von says something before the second playing of 1969, but I can't make it out. Something like "just for you"

But yeh, there's plenty more songs they could've played, so maybe it was down to the Dok's memory. Or maybe they didn't expect to play an encore and they hadn't "loaded" other sequences onto it.
aims
Overbomber

They could always have played Attack! Attack! Attack! if they had Adrenochrome in the Dok :lol:
Nikolas Vitus Lagartija
Overbomber

This was my first Sisters gig and I think Von said something like "This is the last time you'll ever hear this one" before the second 1969, thus setting me up for thirty years of broken promises. Not that I'm bitter ... As that gig was free entry we certainly ot our money's worth !