Clermont-Ferrand 29/11/2011

Gig reviews, set lists, thoughts, comments and observations on the 2010 Sisters dates and the 2011 30th Anniversary tour
User avatar
euphoria
Slight Overbomber
Posts: 1107
Joined: 11 Mar 2003, 19:39
Location: Berlin

Can this really be true, another french gig, this time in the middle of the french nowhere?

http://www.fnacspectacles.com/place-spe ... -CFSIS.htm

Edit: removed stupid looking question marks :P
Last edited by euphoria on 21 Jul 2011, 10:35, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
doctoravalanche
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth
Posts: 676
Joined: 15 Apr 2005, 09:41
Location: Paris, Cannes (France)

That can be true, but it is not confirmed yet on the venue's website:
http://www.lacoope.org/prog/cadre.htm
That would be hell of a great news :)
User avatar
Being645
Above the Chemist
Posts: 12698
Joined: 09 Apr 2009, 12:54
Location: reconstruction status: 76,8%

... cool ... ;D ;D ;D ...

... eventually the French realize how much need for an extensive range of Sisters gigs there actually is for their people ... :kiss: :notworthy: ...

And where the f**k else should they start if not in Clermont-Ferrant!!! ... Image Image Image ...
User avatar
euphoria
Slight Overbomber
Posts: 1107
Joined: 11 Mar 2003, 19:39
Location: Berlin

Being645 wrote: And where the f**k else should they start if not in Clermont-Ferrant!!! ... Image Image Image ...
a good question :lol:
User avatar
doctoravalanche
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth
Posts: 676
Joined: 15 Apr 2005, 09:41
Location: Paris, Cannes (France)

Being645 wrote:... cool ... ;D ;D ;D ...

... eventually the French realize how much need for an extensive range of Sisters gigs there actually is for their people ... :kiss: :notworthy: ...

And where the f**k else should they start if not in Clermont-Ferrant!!! ... Image Image Image ...
Monte Carlo :lol:
User avatar
sentenza
Amphetamine Filth
Posts: 195
Joined: 20 Jun 2003, 22:41
Location: the grave near Arch Stenton
Contact:

F.....ing hell!!! Why don't you play in Brest, Andrew?
"this is the revenge of the fuckwit"
User avatar
sisterstekland
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth
Posts: 951
Joined: 20 Mar 2006, 17:50
Location: france
Contact:

sentenza wrote:F.....ing hell!!! Why don't you play in Brest, Andrew?
coz too far for me :lol: :lol:
User avatar
sentenza
Amphetamine Filth
Posts: 195
Joined: 20 Jun 2003, 22:41
Location: the grave near Arch Stenton
Contact:

That's a good point :wink: :wink:
"this is the revenge of the fuckwit"
User avatar
sisterstekland
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth
Posts: 951
Joined: 20 Mar 2006, 17:50
Location: france
Contact:

ils doivent le faire à la fnac, au moins t'as un vrai ticket ;D
User avatar
Being645
Above the Chemist
Posts: 12698
Joined: 09 Apr 2009, 12:54
Location: reconstruction status: 76,8%

sisterstekland wrote:ils doivent le faire à la fnac, au moins t'as un vrai ticket ;D
Quoi? ... :eek: ... please translate ... :lol: ... :kiss: ...
User avatar
damagedone
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth
Posts: 588
Joined: 04 Jul 2010, 19:25
Location: from around

Pop-Rock/Folk :lol:
User avatar
sisterstekland
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth
Posts: 951
Joined: 20 Mar 2006, 17:50
Location: france
Contact:

Being645 wrote:
sisterstekland wrote:ils doivent le faire à la fnac, au moins t'as un vrai ticket ;D
Quoi? ... :eek: ... please translate ... :lol: ... :kiss: ...
i hate those print ticket :x
User avatar
Being645
Above the Chemist
Posts: 12698
Joined: 09 Apr 2009, 12:54
Location: reconstruction status: 76,8%

sisterstekland wrote:
Being645 wrote:
sisterstekland wrote:ils doivent le faire à la fnac, au moins t'as un vrai ticket ;D
Quoi? ... :eek: ... please translate ... :lol: ... :kiss: ...
i hate those print ticket :x
:lol: ... me too, real tickets are so much more beautiful ...
User avatar
doctoravalanche
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth
Posts: 676
Joined: 15 Apr 2005, 09:41
Location: Paris, Cannes (France)

I posted this link for printed tickets because it is far easier for people outside of France who want to come to this show ;) Myself I also prefer real tickets :)
User avatar
sisterstekland
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth
Posts: 951
Joined: 20 Mar 2006, 17:50
Location: france
Contact:

doctoravalanche wrote:Myself I also prefer real tickets :)
got it for both show :D
_emma_
Overbomber
Posts: 2015
Joined: 24 Oct 2003, 10:19

Is there anybody out there who will be driving from Bordeaux to Clermont Ferrand early in the morning on the 29th, and would like to take a passenger happy to share the fuel costs? :)
_emma_
Overbomber
Posts: 2015
Joined: 24 Oct 2003, 10:19

No, please ignore the above question, after all I've found a different way, I won't be travelling through Bordeaux, there is a nice combination of buses and trains going (from Madrid) through Valencia and Lyon. 8)
User avatar
sisterstekland
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth
Posts: 951
Joined: 20 Mar 2006, 17:50
Location: france
Contact:

if anyone still has a problem to get to Toulouse after the show, I have a seat available,
Départ to Toulouse the next morning if we wake up on time :lol: :lol:
we will be staying at the "formule 1" hôtel.




Ps: usually i don't stay at hotel but if i can help some Hlers, well ;D
User avatar
lsind
Road Kill
Posts: 59
Joined: 17 Apr 2010, 18:54
Location: Saint-Martin (French West Indies)

doctoravalanche wrote:See you there :)
I wish I could say the same...
Been a fan of the band since 1984, but never got a chance to see them live.
And finally after 27 years, they finally decide to come and play in Clermont-Ferrand, which is like a stone's throw from my home town.
The only problem being that I now live 7000km away on a tiny island where no interesting bands ever come and play.
:(
Now the show is 5 days away and I'm still wondering if I should spend 1000 euros to fly back home and see the Sisters. I've been thinking about it since I first read about this show in July. I almost had a heart attack on seeing it advertised...
Damn...
User avatar
Being645
Above the Chemist
Posts: 12698
Joined: 09 Apr 2009, 12:54
Location: reconstruction status: 76,8%

lsind wrote:
doctoravalanche wrote:See you there :)
I wish I could say the same...
Been a fan of the band since 1984, but never got a chance to see them live.
And finally after 27 years, they finally decide to come and play in Clermont-Ferrand, which is like a stone's throw from my home town.
The only problem being that I now live 7000km away on a tiny island where no interesting bands ever come and play.
:(
Now the show is 5 days away and I'm still wondering if I should spend 1000 euros to fly back home and see the Sisters. I've been thinking about it since I first read about this show in July. I almost had a heart attack on seeing it advertised...
Damn...
What further reason does it take to make you visit your hometown?
A real heart attack? But yeah, 1.000 quid is not just a tip ...

On the other hand, maybe Australia or South America are closer to where you live now ... :D ...

Best wishes, anyway.
User avatar
lsind
Road Kill
Posts: 59
Joined: 17 Apr 2010, 18:54
Location: Saint-Martin (French West Indies)

Thanks Being645, but it wouldn't be the same in a foreign place.
Writing this, I'm now realizing that the main reason why seeing them in Clermont would be so different from seeing them anywhere else is probably that I would be there with hopefully at least a couple of the friends I used to go and see gigs with 20+ years ago... Fields of Neph', New Model Army, Killing Joke and so many others...
I think you just made me make up my mind, Being, or anyway pushed me in the right direction. Got to check what I can do moneywise and jobwise now. Which is not the nicest part.
Locked