Heartland Forum Index
       FAQ      Rules      Search      Paypal Donation      Photo Gallery      Sisters Wiki   
   Register · Profile · Log in to check your private messages · View New Posts · Usergroups · Memberlist · Statistics  
   Follow us on   Twitter    Facebook · Log in  
Loreley Festival 1984

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Being645
Above the Chemist

PostPost #1  Posted: Fri Sep 30, 2011 8:38 pm    Post subject: Loreley Festival 1984 Reply with quote Back to top

On each and every page there's a Sisters gig listed for the Loreley Festival on 9th September 1984.

But there was no Loreley Festival at that date. If at all, that festival took place on 25th August.

Anybody know anything to clarify?

See also the Wiki
James Blast
Banned

PostPost #2  Posted: Fri Sep 30, 2011 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

seek professional help, really Neutral
Being645
Above the Chemist

PostPost #3  Posted: Fri Sep 30, 2011 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Got some more professional search engine at hand than this idiot google?

That might help already ... Wink ...
James Blast
Banned

PostPost #4  Posted: Fri Sep 30, 2011 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I was thinking of something else Neutral
Being645
Above the Chemist

PostPost #5  Posted: Fri Sep 30, 2011 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

.... Mr. Green Mr. Green Mr. Green ...
James Blast
Banned

PostPost #6  Posted: Fri Sep 30, 2011 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

even on my beautiful 27" iMac screen, that emoticon means hee-haw
Being645
Above the Chemist

PostPost #7  Posted: Fri Sep 30, 2011 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

What is "hee-haw"? I really don't know ... Surprised ...
James Blast
Banned

PostPost #8  Posted: Fri Sep 30, 2011 10:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

zilch
Being645
Above the Chemist

PostPost #9  Posted: Fri Sep 30, 2011 10:45 pm    Post subject: Re: Loreley Festival 1984 Reply with quote Back to top

Well, then back to topic. Just in case, someone has more helpful information on offer ... Wink ...

Being645 wrote:
On each and every page there's a Sisters gig listed for the Loreley Festival on 9th September 1984.

But there was no Loreley Festival at that date. If at all, that festival took place on 25th August.

See also the Wiki
Dan
Slight Overbomber

PostPost #10  Posted: Sat Oct 01, 2011 12:52 am    Post subject: Re: Loreley Festival 1984 Reply with quote Back to top

Being645 wrote:

See also the Wiki

Interesting. Yes, a web search suggests Loreley festival 1984 was on 25 Aug.
I hoped there'd be a site that gave the history of the Loreley Festivals with dates and lineups, but didn't find anything.
This lists 5 bands that were there in '84: http://www.rockpalastarchiv.de/l3_e.html

My thoughts are:
1. Are bands allowed to play at the Loreley amphitheatre at other times of year?
2. Surely someone has a press cutting mentioning the gig?
3. Maybe they never played at Loreley in 1984.
4. It's largely irrelevant as there's no tape of it.
taylor
Slight Overbomber

PostPost #11  Posted: Sat Oct 01, 2011 11:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Very Happy

Dan
Slight Overbomber

PostPost #12  Posted: Sat Oct 01, 2011 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

We are not worthy!

I bet you've got the tape as well! Laughing Laughing
Being645
Above the Chemist

PostPost #13  Posted: Sat Oct 01, 2011 1:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Oh thank you very much, taylor ... We are not worthy! We are not worthy! We are not worthy! ... due to this I've now even been able to detect it along idiot google ... Laughing ...

There were in fact two festivals at the Loreley in 1984: WDR Rockpalast headlined by Stevie Ray Vaughan and Golden Summernight as shown in your picture* ...

* looks much better now in the Wiki... Very Happy ...

Thanks to Dan as well ... Smile ... anyway, those Rockpalast Festival became ever worse over the years ... Laughing ...
radiojamaica
Overbomber

PostPost #14  Posted: Sun Oct 02, 2011 9:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

i' d set my timemachine for that date/place. A festival with both the Sisters in their prime and Zappa... yes please!
CellThree
Slight Overbomber

PostPost #15  Posted: Tue Oct 04, 2011 12:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I agree. Rory Gallagher would be great to see. One of the best guitarists in the world.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Heartland Forum Index -> Sisters FAQs All times are GMT + 1 Hour

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: