FOTN / The M*****n Oct 22nd Brixton Academy.

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
Black_Dahlia
Elegantly Wasted

Anyone else go? Wayne appeared to be fairly plastered (reminiscent of someones Mum after one too many gins) and still can't resist as dig at the Sisters.

The Neph's were thankfully awesome :notworthy:

Favourite bit of the night was the guy handing out flyers for Whitby Goth Weekend shouting at someone in the queue "Don't look away like you're too cool. You're at a f**king M*****n gig, none of you are cool!"
Hell is other people.
Nikolas Vitus Lagartija
Overbomber

Black_Dahlia wrote:Anyone else go? Wayne appeared to be fairly plastered (reminiscent of someones Mum after one too many gins) and still can't resist as dig at the Sisters.

The Neph's were thankfully awesome :notworthy:

Favourite bit of the night was the guy handing out flyers for Whitby Goth Weekend shouting at someone in the queue "Don't look away like you're too cool. You're at a f**king M*****n gig, none of you are cool!"
Thanks for the mini-review so far. :) Would love to hear more. And what does the "dig at the Sisters" comment refer to ?
Black_Dahlia
Elegantly Wasted

After the first encore Wayne informed us that he would be deejaying at the aftershow party (down the road at the Jamm Club in Brixton), but he that he "wouldn't be playing any Sisters Of Mercy - but nevermind you can see 'em in a couple of weeks can't you? Pay your thirty five quid or whatever.."

Honestly - get over it love, move on! :wink:
Hell is other people.
miprs4
Amphetamine Filth

I do have to say, I quite enjoyed the Mish even if he was staggering about a bit....:-)

I did post a few vids, one of them with the funny tsom dig :-)

You can see it here...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wqxz5RbwFUw
Cheers

MIP
Nikolas Vitus Lagartija
Overbomber

Black_Dahlia wrote: Honestly - get over it love, move on! :wink:
Thanks for the explanation. If that's the best he can manage after twenty-five years, perhaps he should move on. Still, probably enough to keep to keep the arguments raging over on Sisters Chat for another month or two.

Glad to hear the Nephs were on form. The usual playful banter from Carl, I would imagine ...
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

Black_Dahlia wrote:Favourite bit of the night was the guy handing out flyers for Whitby Goth Weekend shouting at someone in the queue "Don't look away like you're too cool. You're at a f**king M*****n gig, none of you are cool!"
good lad :lol: :lol: :lol: :notworthy: :notworthy:
What’s the difference between a buffalo and a bison?
Sita
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

That cracked me up, Black Dahlia :lol:
Black_Dahlia
Elegantly Wasted

Sita wrote:That cracked me up, Black Dahlia :lol:
I know - I creased up.
Hell is other people.
Black_Dahlia
Elegantly Wasted

Nikolas Vitus Lagartija wrote:
Black_Dahlia wrote: Honestly - get over it love, move on! :wink:
Thanks for the explanation. If that's the best he can manage after twenty-five years, perhaps he should move on. Still, probably enough to keep to keep the arguments raging over on Sisters Chat for another month or two.

Glad to hear the Nephs were on form. The usual playful banter from Carl, I would imagine ...
By that you mean "Thank You. Goodnight" ? If so yep :wink:
Hell is other people.
taylor
Slight Overbomber

Neph amazing ! :D
m*****n 3 old guy :(
Black_Dahlia
Elegantly Wasted

taylor wrote:Neph amazing ! :D
I know :eek: I almost didn't recognise Waynetta. Looked like someones 'trendy'uncle in a bomber jacket.
Hell is other people.
Being645
Above the Chemist

Black_Dahlia wrote:After the first encore Wayne informed us that he would be deejaying at the aftershow party (down the road at the Jamm Club in Brixton), but he that he "wouldn't be playing any Sisters Of Mercy - but nevermind you can see 'em in a couple of weeks can't you? Pay your thirty five quid or whatever.."

:lol: :notworthy: ...

and yeah, we all know it, Wayne - God

is a Dj ...
Andie
Overbomber

Black_Dahlia wrote:Anyone else go?
Almost went, then decided, whilst at the back of the queue, that I actually couldn't be bothered...

probably not the most financially astute decision I've ever made, but I'm happy with the result... 8)
streamline
Slight Overbomber

Went, loved the Nephilim, left during the Mish - sound was a bit muddy and my mate and I were thirsty so we retreated to a local pub...

I trust you trust in me to mistrust you
abridged
Slight Overbomber

ahem. How were Gene loves Jezebel? I have a soft spot....:innocent:
The Chancer Corporation
SomeKindOfStranger

Black_Dahlia wrote:After the first encore Wayne informed us that he would be deejaying at the aftershow party (down the road at the Jamm Club in Brixton), but he that he "wouldn't be playing any Sisters Of Mercy - but nevermind you can see 'em in a couple of weeks can't you? Pay your thirty five quid or whatever.."

I heard elsewhere that in the end he did, and played Marian in his set.
I hear her cry all day, all night
I hear her voice from deep within the wall
Made a cross from knitting needles
Made a grave from hoover bags
Especially for the woman in the wall
SomeKindOfStranger

I went and had a really good gig. FOTN were just awesome (last exit for the lost was incredible) and I enjoyed The Missions set.

The queue was unbelievable..but then we found out about the priority queue for o2 customers and got in within minutes. Best seats, front row of the circle, and was sat with a pint before Gene Loves Jezebel struck up the 1st chord!
SomeKindOfStranger

abridged wrote:ahem. How were Gene loves Jezebel? I have a soft spot....:innocent:
they were ok. I dont know much of their stuff to be honest but they played well, they just seemed to lack a bit of oomph - and they started playing to a near-empty venue which couldnt have helped.
the-happening

taylor wrote:Neph amazing ! :D
And Carl McCoy sure ain't no spring chicken :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Luca you came to London for the gig?
"i'm talking about god, devil, hell, do you understand, finally?"
taylor
Slight Overbomber

yes :D
Nikolas Vitus Lagartija
Overbomber

Black_Dahlia wrote:
Nikolas Vitus Lagartija wrote: The usual playful banter from Carl, I would imagine ...
I always used to assume that this was because Carl didn't want the fans to hear his "A'right, mate ? Lavverly jabberly" speaking voice (rather than the affected gravelly "wooaaah" stage voice), but I've also heard that it's because he doesn't like to diturb the, erm, ritual.

A shame he didn't do more acting after the Richard Stanley film - with his accent and Ross Kemp-esque jaw-line, he'd have been perfect as a long-lost goff Mitchell half-brother (cue Peggy : "Oi ! Carl ! Have you been at the 'omepride again!"
weebleswobble
Underneath the Rock

London was ace, a great day out and both The Neph and Mish gave good gig.

Looking forward to Friday.

Mon Up The Dock.
‎"We will wear some very loud shirts. We will wear some very wrong trousers."
Black_Dahlia
Elegantly Wasted

Nikolas Vitus Lagartija wrote:
Black_Dahlia wrote:
Nikolas Vitus Lagartija wrote: The usual playful banter from Carl, I would imagine ...
I always used to assume that this was because Carl didn't want the fans to hear his "A'right, mate ? Lavverly jabberly" speaking voice (rather than the affected gravelly "wooaaah" stage voice), but I've also heard that it's because he doesn't like to diturb the, erm, ritual.

A shame he didn't do more acting after the Richard Stanley film - with his accent and Ross Kemp-esque jaw-line, he'd have been perfect as a long-lost goff Mitchell half-brother (cue Peggy : "Oi ! Carl ! Have you been at the 'omepride again!"
LOVE IT :lol:
Hell is other people.
Maisey
Slight Overbomber

Quiff Boy wrote:
Black_Dahlia wrote:Favourite bit of the night was the guy handing out flyers for Whitby Goth Weekend shouting at someone in the queue "Don't look away like you're too cool. You're at a f**king M*****n gig, none of you are cool!"
good lad :lol: :lol: :lol: :notworthy: :notworthy:
That was me. No, really.

I had a great night and thought both the Nephs and The Mish were ace. Crystal Ocean was a really highlight for me.
Nationalise the f**king lot.
ribbons69
Slight Overbomber

Maisey wrote:
I had a great night and thought both the Nephs and The Mish were ace. Crystal Ocean was a really highlight for me.
So did I. Sadly missed GLJ because of the stupid queue,but the choice of setlists by both bands was excellent,and I was grinning like a loon when Beyond The Pale went into Hands Across The Ocean.
"I've seen Andrew Eldritch in an ice hockey shirt onstage, and I've given him the benefit of the doubt"
Tom G Warrior of Celtic Frost

we fall to rise