FOTN / The M*****n Oct 22nd Brixton Academy.

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
User avatar
Black_Dahlia
Elegantly Wasted
Posts: 53
Joined: 30 Mar 2006, 09:44
Location: 3800 South Norton Avenue

Maisey wrote:
Quiff Boy wrote:
Black_Dahlia wrote:Favourite bit of the night was the guy handing out flyers for Whitby Goth Weekend shouting at someone in the queue "Don't look away like you're too cool. You're at a f**king M*****n gig, none of you are cool!"
good lad :lol: :lol: :lol: :notworthy: :notworthy:
That was me. No, really.:
Was it? ;D Thought it was brilliant. It might even have been directed at my fiancee who was looking suitably bewildered having been dragged into a sea of Goffs.
Hell is other people.
User avatar
Nikolas Vitus Lagartija
Overbomber
Posts: 2450
Joined: 04 Aug 2011, 23:35
Location: Scotland
Contact:

Black_Dahlia wrote:
It might even have been directed at my fiancee who was looking suitably bewildered having been dragged into a sea of Goffs.
:lol: You're a braver man than me, Black Dahlia ! The whole non-Goff partner thing is always a bit awkward. Do you risk the bewilderment -disdain-reluctant tolerance (if you make it that far) phases, or become a closet goth, playing your music only when there's no-one else in the house and furtively sneaking onto Heartland in the way some people (apparently, I've been told) view porn. I think you're wise to get the issue sorted once and for all pre-altar, to avoid the old "You love the Sisters more than you love me" scenario !
User avatar
zaney5
Road Kill
Posts: 7
Joined: 08 Aug 2010, 19:26
Location: Cumbria

T'was a great night. The Nephs were certainly on top form. As for the little dig from Wayne..... childish maybe, but then again so is censoring the word m*****n.

A couple of weeks ago my other half had the pleasure of meeting Von himself, quite by chance. Bizarrely, he (Von) asked him if he was going to see The m*****n. When my other half replied yes he was given a shrug and a "look"!

We're both big fans of both bands, but my guess is that it's not just Wayne that needs to "get over it"!! LOL
User avatar
Nikolas Vitus Lagartija
Overbomber
Posts: 2450
Joined: 04 Aug 2011, 23:35
Location: Scotland
Contact:

zaney5 wrote:T'was a great night. The Nephs were certainly on top form. As for the little dig from Wayne..... childish maybe, but then again so is censoring the word m*****n.

A couple of weeks ago my other half had the pleasure of meeting Von himself, quite by chance. Bizarrely, he (Von) asked him if he was going to see The m*****n. When my other half replied yes he was given a shrug and a "look"!

We're both big fans of both bands, but my guess is that it's not just Wayne that needs to "get over it"!! LOL
What's that old phrase - it takes two to tango.

Loving your avatar by the way - very relevant to my last post on this thread !
User avatar
zaney5
Road Kill
Posts: 7
Joined: 08 Aug 2010, 19:26
Location: Cumbria

Nikolas Vitus Lagartija wrote:
zaney5 wrote:T'was a great night. The Nephs were certainly on top form. As for the little dig from Wayne..... childish maybe, but then again so is censoring the word m*****n.

A couple of weeks ago my other half had the pleasure of meeting Von himself, quite by chance. Bizarrely, he (Von) asked him if he was going to see The m*****n. When my other half replied yes he was given a shrug and a "look"!

We're both big fans of both bands, but my guess is that it's not just Wayne that needs to "get over it"!! LOL
What's that old phrase - it takes two to tango.

Loving your avatar by the way - very relevant to my last post on this thread !
Very appropriate phrase me thinks! Mind you, I work with kids so I'm used to childish squabbles! Don't suppose we can just bang their heads together? LOL

Re the avatar, thanks! Makes me smile! :-)
DeWinter
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth
Posts: 922
Joined: 16 Oct 2005, 20:57

Nikolas Vitus Lagartija wrote:playing your music only when there's no-one else in the house and furtively sneaking onto Heartland in the way some people (apparently, I've been told) view porn.
Does that mean you view porn openly and in full view of others? :P
Doing it furtively can be full of pitfalls. I remember putting a music cd into my disc drive and trying to play it on RealPlayer. Instead what played was the last thing my partner had been watching..I can tell you this, none of those "schoolgirls" were going to be seeing 35 again!

I admit my partner tolerated my gothy music with far better grace than I did hers. She claimed my reaction to Staind and KoRn had to be seen to be believed. Although to this day I think asking what those multi-millionaire frontmen have to be so gloomy about, and aren't they a bit old to be whining about their childhoods was a perfectly valid question..
"Vengeance. Justice. Fire and blood.."
User avatar
Black_Dahlia
Elegantly Wasted
Posts: 53
Joined: 30 Mar 2006, 09:44
Location: 3800 South Norton Avenue

Nikolas Vitus Lagartija wrote:
Black_Dahlia wrote:
It might even have been directed at my fiancee who was looking suitably bewildered having been dragged into a sea of Goffs.
:lol: You're a braver man than me, Black Dahlia ! The whole non-Goff partner thing is always a bit awkward. Do you risk the bewilderment -disdain-reluctant tolerance (if you make it that far) phases, or become a closet goth, playing your music only when there's no-one else in the house and furtively sneaking onto Heartland in the way some people (apparently, I've been told) view porn. I think you're wise to get the issue sorted once and for all pre-altar, to avoid the old "You love the Sisters more than you love me" scenario !
This whole thread has made me laugh a lot :) .

I have explained to him that should Mr McCoy ever turn up on the doorstep in the full on Goth Leisure Pirate gear he'll have to go out for the afternoon....
Hell is other people.
GC
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth
Posts: 998
Joined: 27 Dec 2005, 22:05

miprs4 wrote:I do have to say, I quite enjoyed the Mish even if he was staggering about a bit....:-)

I did post a few vids, one of them with the funny tsom dig :-)

You can see it here...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wqxz5RbwFUw
They 're much better live than TSOM....Never was much a fan of the Mish but AE could learn a few things from them. :eek:
User avatar
Being645
Above the Chemist
Posts: 12587
Joined: 09 Apr 2009, 12:54
Location: reconstruction status: 74,4%,

Gollum's Cock wrote:
miprs4 wrote:I do have to say, I quite enjoyed the Mish even if he was staggering about a bit....:-)

I did post a few vids, one of them with the funny tsom dig :-)

You can see it here...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wqxz5RbwFUw
They 're much better live than TSOM....Never was much a fan of the Mish but AE could learn a few things from them. :eek:
:lol: :lol: ... yeah, they are almost as great as Bon Jovi ...
User avatar
stufarq
Popweazle Piddlepoop
Posts: 3209
Joined: 19 Jan 2008, 17:09
Location: my own imagination

Black_Dahlia wrote:I have explained to him that should Mr McCoy ever turn up on the doorstep in the full on Goth Leisure Pirate gear he'll have to go out for the afternoon....
"Goth Leisure Pirate"? :eek:
User avatar
Nikolas Vitus Lagartija
Overbomber
Posts: 2450
Joined: 04 Aug 2011, 23:35
Location: Scotland
Contact:

stufarq wrote:
Black_Dahlia wrote:I have explained to him that should Mr McCoy ever turn up on the doorstep in the full on Goth Leisure Pirate gear he'll have to go out for the afternoon....
"Goth Leisure Pirate"? :eek:
Your memory must be going, Stufarq Goth leisure pirate was of course one of the four outfits brought out by Mattel for their Carl McCoy doll, Barbie's goff boyfriend during her ill-fated rebellious phase of the late 80's, th others being High Priest of Sumer, high plains drifter cowboy andsad Eldritch clone. Mattel were forced to pull the range when it was pointed out that all four outfits were in fact exactly the same.

The real McCoy seems to have worn pretty much the same outfit for the past twenty-five years, and I often wonder if he actually possesses any other clothes. I can imagine him growling to his wife "just popping out to pick up Amber and Scarlett from nursery - what do you think -th lime green contact lenses or the cobalt blue", or sitting on the beach with the kids making sandcastles wearing trenchcoat, shades and hat. Carl McCoy : the comedy gift that just keeps on giving !
User avatar
Black_Dahlia
Elegantly Wasted
Posts: 53
Joined: 30 Mar 2006, 09:44
Location: 3800 South Norton Avenue

Nikolas Vitus Lagartija wrote:
stufarq wrote:
Black_Dahlia wrote:I have explained to him that should Mr McCoy ever turn up on the doorstep in the full on Goth Leisure Pirate gear he'll have to go out for the afternoon....
"Goth Leisure Pirate"? :eek:
The real McCoy seems to have worn pretty much the same outfit for the past twenty-five years, and I often wonder if he actually possesses any other clothes. I can imagine him growling to his wife "just popping out to pick up Amber and Scarlett from nursery - what do you think -th lime green contact lenses or the cobalt blue", or sitting on the beach with the kids making sandcastles wearing trenchcoat, shades and hat. Carl McCoy : the comedy gift that just keeps on giving !
I like to imagine he goes 'up the shops' in that gear.

I have to admit to stealing Goth Leisure Pirate from one of my colleagues -who christened Carl thus after seeing him as my screensaver....
Hell is other people.
User avatar
stufarq
Popweazle Piddlepoop
Posts: 3209
Joined: 19 Jan 2008, 17:09
Location: my own imagination

Nikolas Vitus Lagartija wrote:Your memory must be going, Stufarq Goth leisure pirate was of course one of the four outfits brought out by Mattel for their Carl McCoy doll, Barbie's goff boyfriend during her ill-fated rebellious phase of the late 80's, th others being High Priest of Sumer, high plains drifter cowboy andsad Eldritch clone. Mattel were forced to pull the range when it was pointed out that all four outfits were in fact exactly the same.
:lol: :notworthy:
User avatar
Nikolas Vitus Lagartija
Overbomber
Posts: 2450
Joined: 04 Aug 2011, 23:35
Location: Scotland
Contact:

DeWinter wrote: I admit my partner tolerated my gothy music with far better grace than I did hers. She claimed my reaction to Staind and KoRn had to be seen to be believed. Although to this day I think asking what those multi-millionaire frontmen have to be so gloomy about, and aren't they a bit old to be whining about their childhoods was a perfectly valid question..
:lol: I remember in my days of dating non-goffs in the 80s that I always used to do the LP collection test on a first trip to a date's flat. Curiously, there would always be some the same ones (Terence Trent d'Arby, Paul Young, Eurythmics, Deacon Blue) which I would flick through quickly, before looking for the real clues as to whether the relationship would work ...

... Curiosity Killed the Cat - not looking promising
... U2 - potential goff convert
... TSOM - is there a jewellers near here ?
... Level 42 - can I make it to the front door befor she returns with the coffee ?
DeWinter
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth
Posts: 922
Joined: 16 Oct 2005, 20:57

Nikolas Vitus Lagartija wrote: ... Level 42 - can I make it to the front door befor she returns with the coffee ?
The Isle of Wights finest! :lol:
Surely the ultimate "run like feck" album would have been "The Best of Simply Red"? Or anything by Jimmy Nail. I still rate "Crocodile Shoes" as the most excruciatingly painful thing I've ever listened to. I often imitate it to annoy my partner when she's been getting up my nose!
"Vengeance. Justice. Fire and blood.."
User avatar
markfiend
goriller of form 3b
Posts: 20341
Joined: 11 Nov 2003, 10:55
Location: st custards
Contact:

Aw dude! I had successfully erased Crocodile Shoes from my memory... until now. :evil:

:lol:
advanced, forthright, signifficant
User avatar
Nikolas Vitus Lagartija
Overbomber
Posts: 2450
Joined: 04 Aug 2011, 23:35
Location: Scotland
Contact:

Black_Dahlia wrote: I like to imagine he goes 'up the shops' in that gear.
:) You have to admire McCoy for managing to keep the same image for so long, when time has caught up so dramatically with the likes of That Guitarist, Tony James and (whisper it) Andrew Eldritch, but you do have to wonder about the practicality of it. FOTN tour far less than TSOM - what does he do the rest of the year ?
If he's struggling for cash, our Carl could always do a Lemmy/Iggy and do some cheesy TV ads. How about mobile phones ("Woooooaaahh, keep talking") Lucozade Sport ("Blue Wateurggghhh") or Sat Nav voiceovers ("Last, Exit, For the Looooooossst").
User avatar
Black_Dahlia
Elegantly Wasted
Posts: 53
Joined: 30 Mar 2006, 09:44
Location: 3800 South Norton Avenue

Nikolas Vitus Lagartija wrote:
Black_Dahlia wrote: I like to imagine he goes 'up the shops' in that gear.
:) You have to admire McCoy for managing to keep the same image for so long, when time has caught up so dramatically with the likes of That Guitarist, Tony James and (whisper it) Andrew Eldritch, but you do have to wonder about the practicality of it. FOTN tour far less than TSOM - what does he do the rest of the year ?
If he's struggling for cash, our Carl could always do a Lemmy/Iggy and do some cheesy TV ads. How about mobile phones ("Woooooaaahh, keep talking") Lucozade Sport ("Blue Wateurggghhh") or Sat Nav voiceovers ("Last, Exit, For the Looooooossst").
I want the Carl McCoy sat nav - make it happen someone please!
Hell is other people.
User avatar
stufarq
Popweazle Piddlepoop
Posts: 3209
Joined: 19 Jan 2008, 17:09
Location: my own imagination

Nikolas Vitus Lagartija wrote:If he's struggling for cash, our Carl could always do a Lemmy/Iggy and do some cheesy TV ads. How about mobile phones ("Woooooaaahh, keep talking") Lucozade Sport ("Blue Wateurggghhh") or Sat Nav voiceovers ("Last, Exit, For the Looooooossst").
I think you actually have to be famous before they ask you to do ads.
User avatar
Nikolas Vitus Lagartija
Overbomber
Posts: 2450
Joined: 04 Aug 2011, 23:35
Location: Scotland
Contact:

stufarq wrote:
Nikolas Vitus Lagartija wrote:If he's struggling for cash, our Carl could always do a Lemmy/Iggy and do some cheesy TV ads. How about mobile phones ("Woooooaaahh, keep talking") Lucozade Sport ("Blue Wateurggghhh") or Sat Nav voiceovers ("Last, Exit, For the Looooooossst").
I think you actually have to be famous before they ask you to do ads.
Am not sure that Iggy is that well known to the UK general public. And the SatNav would be great ("mooove back !", "follow me", "it's time for us to go" etc).
User avatar
zaney5
Road Kill
Posts: 7
Joined: 08 Aug 2010, 19:26
Location: Cumbria

Black_Dahlia wrote:
Nikolas Vitus Lagartija wrote:
Black_Dahlia wrote: I like to imagine he goes 'up the shops' in that gear.
:) You have to admire McCoy for managing to keep the same image for so long, when time has caught up so dramatically with the likes of That Guitarist, Tony James and (whisper it) Andrew Eldritch, but you do have to wonder about the practicality of it. FOTN tour far less than TSOM - what does he do the rest of the year ?
If he's struggling for cash, our Carl could always do a Lemmy/Iggy and do some cheesy TV ads. How about mobile phones ("Woooooaaahh, keep talking") Lucozade Sport ("Blue Wateurggghhh") or Sat Nav voiceovers ("Last, Exit, For the Looooooossst").
I want the Carl McCoy sat nav - make it happen someone please!
Hell yeah..... I'd actually BUY a satnav just for that!
ReptileHause
Road Kill
Posts: 6
Joined: 10 Nov 2011, 22:38

stufarq wrote:
Nikolas Vitus Lagartija wrote:Your memory must be going, Stufarq Goth leisure pirate was of course one of the four outfits brought out by Mattel for their Carl McCoy doll, Barbie's goff boyfriend during her ill-fated rebellious phase of the late 80's, th others being High Priest of Sumer, high plains drifter cowboy andsad Eldritch clone. Mattel were forced to pull the range when it was pointed out that all four outfits were in fact exactly the same.
:lol: :notworthy:
Hillarious!!! :lol:

Like the lego eldritch. There should be more goff action figures!
Post Reply