Long time lurker - first time stalker!

Gig reviews, set lists, thoughts, comments and observations on the 2010 Sisters dates and the 2011 30th Anniversary tour
ReptileHause
Road Kill

Hi guys/gals

Been following the adventures on Heartland for years now happily chuckling to myself.

However, I thought I seize the moment and ask a question... Does anyone know what time the band normally soundchecks at venues & would :von: be there???

I plan on finally getting down to one of the gigs and would love to take the chance to meet them... or is that frowned upon???

yours Jo (not a Mark Chapman in waiting!)
Being645
Above the Chemist

Soundchecks are for ... soundcheck.
ReptileHause
Road Kill

Being645 wrote:Soundchecks are for ... soundcheck.
e

Thanks for the info although I'm not sure what I'm suppose to do with it though?

All I was looking for was a little bit of information that I thought fellow fans - who do fan like things (traveling to gigs, creating and maintaing fansites & wikipages) might have some advice on...

Or am I to infer that The Sisters are so focused on the soundcheck and refuse to meet the fans - which is not the impression I'd ever got from the forums here...
Being645
Above the Chemist

ReptileHause wrote:
Being645 wrote:Soundchecks are for ... soundcheck.
e

Thanks for the info although I'm not sure what I'm suppose to do with it though?

All I was looking for was a little bit of information that I thought fellow fans - who do fan like things (traveling to gigs, creating and maintaing fansites & wikipages) might have some advice on...

Or am I to infer that The Sisters are so focused on the soundcheck and refuse to meet the fans - which is not the impression I'd ever got from the forums here...
So, why then not go where people meet and join them? As far as I know, Sisters soundchecks are not a fanbase welcome-party, but ... soundchecks!
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

welcome :D

there are people on here better qualified to answer your questions, but my general understanding is:

1) andrew usually turns up for soundchecks, but not always

2) sometimes, even when there, his involvement is limited and it's more about the guitars and backline

3) they sometimes soundcheck odd sisters songs that they have no intention of actually playing live

4) soundchecks are typically closed to the public, but they have been known to invite one or two hardcore fans in if it's a special occasion such as secret, warm-up or anniversary gig - THIS IS NOT THE NORM, however

as Being645 says, soundchecks are primarily for the band to get their equipment set up correctly for that venue. having members of the public in the soundchecks can only ever delay or distract this process, hence it is not usually allowed.

5) having said all that, the band and crew tend to be around the venues for most of the day, and soundchecks can get quite boring, so it's not unknown for them to pop outside for a breath of fresh air.

there are quite a few photos on the web where fans have 'bumped into' the band during these smoke breaks... chris, ben and si are particularly sociable. andrew can be if he's having a good day, and you aren't a d*ck with him ;D

6) the timings can vary, but afaik the crew and the kit usually arrive at a venue in the morning, and then band tend to wander in when the basic PA and stage kit has been set up, which i would imagine is usually mid/late afternoon

--

in short, you're unlikely to get into the soundcheck but if you hang around the back door you may bump into them when they duck out for a cig, or a bite to eat.

hope that answers your questions :D
Last edited by Quiff Boy on 11 Nov 2011, 11:48, edited 1 time in total.
What’s the difference between a buffalo and a bison?
ReptileHause
Road Kill

Hi QuiffBoy!!!

Honoured by Herr Boss! It's a wonderful welcome. Thanks for taking the time & update. That's exactly what I was looking for. I've no expectation of getting in or tormenting the band, just to say hi & if they were up for it get a record signed ...

Maybe if I press my ear to the stage door I'll get to hear the stuff from the new album their demo-ing (cough!)

Thanks for again

Cheers

Jo
Being645
Above the Chemist

;D :notworthy:
Ozpat
From the Lowlands

Welcome!

Witnessed (more or less) the soundcheck in Cologne 2006.
Around 4 pm.
"as we walk on the floodland"
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

ReptileHause wrote:Hi QuiffBoy!!!

Honoured by Herr Boss! It's a wonderful welcome. Thanks for taking the time & update. That's exactly what I was looking for. I've no expectation of getting in or tormenting the band, just to say hi & if they were up for it get a record signed ...
as i say, some of others here can probably better advise you of your chances of success here. although tbh they're probably already en route to london for tonight's gig ;)
ReptileHause wrote:Maybe if I press my ear to the stage door I'll get to hear the stuff from the new album their demo-ing (cough!)
:lol:

i doubt it... tbh it can be hard enough to hear what's going on when you're stood 10ft away, in the 3rd row, during the gig ;D :innocent:

(there. that aught to put the cat amongst the pigeons ;))

good luck with whichever variation of stalkerdom you embark on :lol: :)
lazarus corporation
Lord Protector

Quiff Boy wrote:...although tbh they're probably already en route to london for tonight's gig ;)
you nearly gave me a bloody heart attack then, you bastard! I thought I'd got my days mixed up!

The London gig is on Sunday night, not tonight. It's Dublin tonight.
Being645
Above the Chemist

lazarus corporation wrote:
Quiff Boy wrote:...although tbh they're probably already en route to london for tonight's gig ;)
you nearly gave me a bloody heart attack then, you bastard! I thought I'd got my days mixed up!

The London gig is on Sunday night, not tonight. It's Dublin tonight.
... :lol: ... same here ...
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

just making sure you were all paying attention ;)

:oops: :D
Drsisters
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

The used to have a different attitude on letting ppl in on soundchecks pre 98, but after a certain (in)famous German recorded every soundcheck and tried to sell them, Andrew became more reluctant letting ppl in.

the soundchecks ive seen Andrew fiddles around with his phone or doin some other stuff like checking up on the doctor. Even seen him without shades on, but he put em on when he saw us :lol: :lol:
Andrew Eldritch Dour Festival 1997: Yeah, We take any request... As much as we ever do.
MadameButterfly
HL's mystical safekeeper

Quiff Boy wrote: chris, ben and si are particularly sociable. andrew can be if he's having a good day, and you aren't a d*ck with him ;D
and if you are dickless & andrew is having a good day he even flirts slightly :wink:
it's all about circles and spirals
that ongoing eternity