Dublin?

Gig reviews, set lists, thoughts, comments and observations on the 2010 Sisters dates and the 2011 30th Anniversary tour
sisters-pics
Road Kill

Mav787 wrote:
sisters-pics wrote:Some pics are online now:

http://www.sisters-pics.de
Nice pictures.

Judging by the position of your Chris Catalyst pics you must have been stood right by me. Where you in the front section with the lady on the rail who was pregnant? I was stood directly next to her on her right.
Exact!

:D
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

sisters-pics wrote:
Mav787 wrote:
sisters-pics wrote:Some pics are online now:

http://www.sisters-pics.de
Nice pictures.

Judging by the position of your Chris Catalyst pics you must have been stood right by me. Where you in the front section with the lady on the rail who was pregnant? I was stood directly next to her on her right.
Exact!

:D
"the lady on the rail who was pregnant"

eva? :D
What’s the difference between a buffalo and a bison?
sisters-pics
Road Kill

Yes! And Eggi was her Bodyguard!
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

sisters-pics wrote:Yes! And Eggi was her Bodyguard!
good man :notworthy:
What’s the difference between a buffalo and a bison?
radiojamaica
Overbomber

sentenza wrote:Just back home.Great gig, great town ! Tuco and I enjoy it very much.Special mention for the afterparty in the fibbers rock. That was a fcking great night.Greets for all the people we met and especially the 2 guys from the french-flammish country...
Great times at the afterparty indeed! :D :notworthy:

Thanx again to Michael too for the warm welcome and company. I really liked Dublin!

The gig itself was quite okay propably, but I was so massively annoyed by the security and some of the crowd I let that spoil the gig for me...
in dub we trust
StuartGibson
Road Kill

My wife's video of Dominion:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BUctXLZFqLs

This was our first Sisters gig (missed them last time in Dublin in 1997 thanks to my future Mother-in-law) and it was fantastic.
sisters-pics
Road Kill

StuartGibson wrote:My wife's video of Dominion:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BUctXLZFqLs

This was our first Sisters gig (missed them last time in Dublin in 1997 thanks to my future Mother-in-law) and it was fantastic.
YOU ARE WELCOME!!!
Mav787
One life, all I need

I've never felt so safe at a Sisters gig. Whenever anyone roughly pushed past they were promptly dealt with, no messing about!

Very funny to watch.

And with the floor partitioned by barriers it allowed her to have a great time without much concern of being squashed or knocked over.

I did see her again in the queue in London. I assume she didn't go to the front there?
_emma_
Overbomber

Mav787 wrote:
I've never felt so safe at a Sisters gig. Whenever anyone roughly pushed past they were promptly dealt with, no messing about!

Very funny to watch.

And with the floor partitioned by barriers it allowed her to have a great time without much concern of being squashed or knocked over.
Exactly. :)
I did see her again in the queue in London. I assume she didn't go to the front there?
No, she had a seating place at this one. :)
Planet Dave
Underneath the Rock

As ever, it was great to see and catch up with the various residents of the touring Trans-Europe Exc(pr)ess, but this weeks Above And Beyond The Call Of Duty award goes to Raf & Paulina. Thanks guys, enough said.

Seemed like a good solid gig from up in the Circle. I was expecting to see f*** all and did, it actually looked like they had a whole four (count em) bulbs on stage, merrily spinning away through whichever primary colour the fifth member was floodlit by. I was expecting the sound to be a bit thora, but it was superb! And best of all, because it's easy to be picky after fifteen or so gigs over the years, I was surrounded by people who clearly hadn't seen them much, yet were rocking the f*** out pretty much from the off. New songs were met with interest and approval (by and large), and everything familiar was sung to the very impressive rafters. A pleasure to behold, and evidence that The Sisters really do still cut it.

Personally it was cracking to hear A Rock And A Hard Place live, always thought it was a stonking disco-pop tune, Never Land was brief but stunning, 90 minutes of that would have done me, Something Fast was as good as the Leeds Exxile version (ie pretty f***ing real) and everything else was everything else, loudly. Thanks again, girls. :notworthy:
Obviousman
Outside the Simian Flock

Venue: Gorgeous but get rid of the barriers
Smoke levels: Excellent
Gig content: Average but excellent set list
Security: Impale their heads
Audience: Should learn gigs are more fun when not standing around like an icicle
Afterparty and meeting with all you wonderful people: Made everything more than alright and worthwhile!
Styles are a lie.

My Facebook/My Flickr
mh
Above the Chemist

Obviousman wrote:Security: Impale their heads
On a spike? (Can't miss it!)
If I told them once, I told them a hundred times to put 'Spinal Tap' first and 'Puppet Show' last.
Obviousman
Outside the Simian Flock

It's as if it were there for that purpose only!
Styles are a lie.

My Facebook/My Flickr
mh
Above the Chemist

Memories come back, in no particular order.
  • Going to see the moggy
  • Colossal burgers and an ensuing discussion about mayonnaise
  • The "spike" and how you can't miss it
  • AC/DC tribute band
  • Record shops: "bad sound"
  • Meeting with Scardy and the beer babe in O'Reilly's
  • Something about square toilets?
  • Native American pipe players
  • Looking for Body Electric and not finding it!
  • More record shops: My Friend the Wind!
  • A bat in Georges Street arcade - mention was made of milk!
  • Losing Koen - twice. :lol:
  • Some other stuff.
That was a cracking two days, the one after wasn't too great (the hangover! the exhaustion!), hope we don't have so long to wait till the next one. :D
If I told them once, I told them a hundred times to put 'Spinal Tap' first and 'Puppet Show' last.
MadameButterfly
HL's mystical safekeeper

Obviousman wrote:Audience: Should learn gigs are more fun when not standing around like an icicle
:lol: :notworthy: oh dear that kind of audience hey? :wink:
mh wrote:Losing Koen - twice. :lol:
:lol: oh dear twice you say! that's Koen for you! ;D :wink:

@ least you had fun people. thanks for all the reviews and pics, the youtube thingys i will still check out! :notworthy:
it's all about circles and spirals
that ongoing eternity
radiojamaica
Overbomber

mh wrote:Memories come back, in no particular order.
  • Going to see the moggy
  • Colossal burgers and an ensuing discussion about mayonnaise
  • The "spike" and how you can't miss it
  • AC/DC tribute band
  • Record shops: "bad sound"
  • Meeting with Scardy and the beer babe in O'Reilly's
  • Something about square toilets?
  • Native American pipe players
  • Looking for Body Electric and not finding it!
  • More record shops: My Friend the Wind!
  • A bat in Georges Street arcade - mention was made of milk!
  • Losing Koen - twice. :lol:
  • Some other stuff.
That was a cracking two days, the one after wasn't too great (the hangover! the exhaustion!), hope we don't have so long to wait till the next one. :D
Hey, I seem to remember (most of that) too ;D :innocent:
in dub we trust
_emma_
Overbomber

That's very funny because I remember bumping into Koen at least three times, even though I wasn't looking for him :lol:
radiojamaica
Overbomber

:lol:
Isn't that the HL effect people talk about? I was in very good company all the time :D
in dub we trust
mh
Above the Chemist

_emma_ wrote:That's very funny because I remember bumping into Koen at least three times, even though I wasn't looking for him :lol:
:lol: That's the way it's done. :lol:

When we stopped looking for him, we found him too!
Andrew S
Slight Overbomber

MadameButterfly wrote:
Obviousman wrote:Audience: Should learn gigs are more fun when not standing around like an icicle
:lol: :notworthy: oh dear that kind of audience hey? :wink:
Afraid so Debs. Which I really didn't expect from a Dublin crowd. Apart from that and the 'old school' heavy-handed shirt & tie security, I had a good time. The Olympia reminded me of the Muppet Theatre - complete with Statler and Waldorf's box to the right of the stage :lol: The gig was good but it took some time before the atmosphere properly kicked in for me. This wasn't helped by the girl who demanded that I move out the way so she could take my space at the front and seemed genuinely baffled (not to mention furious) at the failure of her charmless offensive and brute force tactics :lol: Most front-row chancers at least pretend to be nice at the start but this really took the biscuit! As for the gig, On The Wire isn't normally one of my favourites but this time was absolutely stunning and that's when the atmosphere picked up. It seemed like a longer than usual set, although I've not scrutnised the setlist to check. And by the time it got to Lucretia, I was a very happy bunny...

A thousand thanks to Michael for showing us round and making sure we were well fed and cidered :notworthy: :notworthy: Maybe next time I'll get to see the moggy!
RIP Dale: 1994 - 2009
rosemartin
Road Kill

I made a stupid mistake of telling teh Mum about the possibility of a dublin gig arround the Glasgow date guess who wants to take Metal tag along?
lachert
Overbomber

late but my few words.
friday was rainy day, so not too good opportunity to check out dublin, but thanks to Michael for pick us from hotel, not far away from spike :notworthy:
waiting for Zeno and Andrew was my last time i think, 10 minutes become 90. you guys must work hard with your navigation skills :lol:
some guinness, kidnapping of Dave to destroy his stomach (next time we'll be eating, i promise), some jack, some guinness, gig.
3 entrances: standing, circle, upper circle. it was hard to go under the stage if you have different ticket, so after few try we decided to stay on circle and enjoy. some guinness, start.
it was amazing how good sound was up there. clear guitars, vocal and doctor in perfect harmony. had a big laugh at Andrew when he was trying to sing, i mean put some melody in vocal :lol: on the wire won best song award that night and no instrumental was so shocking change in the setlist that i barely can speak after that :lol:
people on balcony stand up, dancing and singing, so when i saw those barriers downstairs i knew that it wasn't so bad idea to watch them from above.
light show is cheaper now me think.
nothing special, just normal gig from the sisters without fireworks.

Bacon's studio must be clean at last!
long live rock'n'roll
abridged
Slight Overbomber

The Chancer Corporation
abridged
Slight Overbomber

The Chancer Corporation
Obviousman
Outside the Simian Flock

And nothing about the bastard audience?!
Styles are a lie.

My Facebook/My Flickr