Heartland Forum Index
There are 24 days remaining until the next Sisters gig (Columbiahalle, Berlin, Germany)       FAQ      Rules      Search      Paypal Donation      Photo Gallery      Sisters Wiki   
   Register · Profile · Log in to check your private messages · View New Posts · Usergroups · Memberlist · Statistics  
   Follow us on   Twitter    Facebook · Log in  
Help identifying dates from early pictures

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Silence is platinum
Slight Overbomber

PostPost #1  Posted: Tue Nov 15, 2011 5:54 am    Post subject: Help identifying dates from early pictures Reply with quote Back to top

This fella has a nice collection on his f/b page of early photos, so can you help finding out the dates and venues?

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.2354476055891.130514.1069878245&type=3&fb_source=message
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Dr Poo
Amphetamine Filth

PostPost #2  Posted: Tue Nov 15, 2011 10:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

The first 8 photos are from Bochum, 30th May 1984.
Look at the date on the second picture, left side of the frame. Wink
robertzombie
Overbomber

PostPost #3  Posted: Tue Nov 15, 2011 12:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Look at all those lovely pictures!
circle
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

PostPost #4  Posted: Tue Nov 15, 2011 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Yup, this originates from me...

I uploaded the photos to send to Being645 for inclusion on the Sisters Wiki page, but messed up while posting a link in the Dark Circle Room, and instead of a TSOM concert, 5 lucky visitors got this pack in High Resolution... Guess we found one of them.

Well, they are heavily compressed by FB on this version so might as well share it in the original quality, so here it is, for all of you, they all need some cropping on the edges. Most of them are labeled with the date and venue, so this solves the question.

http://www.fileserve.com/file/Hjp3ccR

Enjoy!

Our fearless leader!
Silence is platinum
Slight Overbomber

PostPost #5  Posted: Tue Nov 15, 2011 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Thank you We are not worthy! We are not worthy! Very Happy
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
lachert
Overbomber

PostPost #6  Posted: Tue Nov 15, 2011 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

cool, cool stuff circle We are not worthy! We are not worthy! We are not worthy!
Being645
Underneath the Rock

PostPost #7  Posted: Tue Nov 15, 2011 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

circle wrote:
Yup, this originates from me...

I uploaded the photos to send to Being645 for inclusion on the Sisters Wiki page, but messed up while posting a link in the Dark Circle Room, and instead of a TSOM concert, 5 lucky visitors got this pack in High Resolution... Guess we found one of them.

Well, they are heavily compressed by FB on this version so might as well share it in the original quality, so here it is, for all of you, they all need some cropping on the edges. Most of them are labeled with the date and venue, so this solves the question.

http://www.fileserve.com/file/Hjp3ccR

Enjoy!

Our fearless leader!

Yeah, some of them are already in theWiki ... while others still need a little PhotoShop-treatment ... sharing them with everybody, is though the best thing, anyway ... We are not worthy! ...
iesus
Slight Overbomber

PostPost #8  Posted: Tue Nov 15, 2011 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Excellent album, thank you for sharing We are not worthy!
timsinister
The Oncoming Storm

PostPost #9  Posted: Wed Nov 16, 2011 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Cheers! We are not worthy!
the-happening
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

PostPost #10  Posted: Wed Nov 16, 2011 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Unknown 24,25 and 25 are from Cologne Alter Wartesaal 19th April 1985 great venue, had dinner there about a month ago hasn't changed much.
Nikolas Vitus Lagartija
Slight Overbomber

PostPost #11  Posted: Wed Nov 16, 2011 11:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks for posting. I saw some of the dates on the April 85 Euro tour and it was weird seeing the Sisters as just a trio without Marx, as it still is viewing these pix twenty-six years on.
The few members of the crowd you can make out on these shots are indicative of the groovy kind of audience the Girls used to draw (and to a certain extent still do) on the Old Continent. Less black clothing, more velvet cummerbunds, cord flares, "original" hairstyles (think Christo having a bad hair day) and paisley shirts.
Dan
Slight Overbomber

PostPost #12  Posted: Thu Nov 17, 2011 3:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Re: The Sisters of Mercy - Venue Unknown Boston USA 05.06.1985 001.jpg
Wow, I'd never even had that date confirmed until now. Lists of US tour dates always omit that one, and the only evidence I ever saw was in a gig review (the insert with Silence Is Platinum, if memory serves) which placed it between the Detroit & New York gigs. Where does the pic come from?
Oh, and based on previous Boston gigs it's maybe the Spit Club.

Also, unknown 20 & 23 belong with "The Sisters of Mercy 1985 001" & 003 as they're obviously from the same occasion, Marxless, so that narrows it down a bit.
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

PostPost #13  Posted: Thu Nov 17, 2011 10:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Nikolas Vitus Lagartija wrote:
Less black clothing, more velvet cummerbunds, cord flares, "original" hairstyles (think Christo having a bad hair day) and paisley shirts.

i think you've just described choque hosein Laughing

http://salvationhq.co.uk/gallery/live-photos/misc-live/
the cake is a lie
taylor
Slight Overbomber

PostPost #14  Posted: Thu Nov 17, 2011 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

No Dan are from San francisco I beam 85
Dan
Slight Overbomber

PostPost #15  Posted: Thu Nov 17, 2011 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

taylor wrote:

No Dan are from San francisco I beam 85

I-Beam, 1983?
San Francisco'85 was Kabuki Theatre and Eldo is wearing different clothes in those pics so it can't be that.

So was there a gig in Boston in 85, or did the review in Silence Is Platinum get it wrong?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Heartland Forum Index -> Sisters Chat All times are GMT

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: