Help identifying dates from early pictures

THE place for your Sisters-related comments, questions and snippets of Sisters information. For those who do not know, The Sisters of Mercy are a rock'n'roll band. And a pop band. And an industrial groove machine. Or so they say. They make records. Lots of records, apparently. But not in your galaxy. They play concerts. Lots of concerts, actually. But you still cannot see them. So what's it all about, Alfie? This is one of the few tightly-moderated forums on Heartland, so please keep on-topic. All off-topic posts will either be moved or deleted. Chairman Bux is the editor and the editor's decision is final. Danke.
Silence is platinum
Slight Overbomber

This fella has a nice collection on his f/b page of early photos, so can you help finding out the dates and venues?

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set ... ce=message
Dr Poo
Amphetamine Filth

The first 8 photos are from Bochum, 30th May 1984.
Look at the date on the second picture, left side of the frame. ;)
robertzombie
Overbomber

Look at all those lovely pictures!
circle
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

Yup, this originates from me...

I uploaded the photos to send to Being645 for inclusion on the Sisters Wiki page, but messed up while posting a link in the Dark Circle Room, and instead of a TSOM concert, 5 lucky visitors got this pack in High Resolution... Guess we found one of them.

Well, they are heavily compressed by FB on this version so might as well share it in the original quality, so here it is, for all of you, they all need some cropping on the edges. Most of them are labeled with the date and venue, so this solves the question.

http://www.fileserve.com/file/Hjp3ccR

Enjoy!

:von:
darkcircleroom4.blogspot.com
Silence is platinum
Slight Overbomber

Thank you :notworthy: :notworthy: :D
lachert
Overbomber

cool, cool stuff circle :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:
long live rock'n'roll
Being645
Above the Chemist

circle wrote:Yup, this originates from me...

I uploaded the photos to send to Being645 for inclusion on the Sisters Wiki page, but messed up while posting a link in the Dark Circle Room, and instead of a TSOM concert, 5 lucky visitors got this pack in High Resolution... Guess we found one of them.

Well, they are heavily compressed by FB on this version so might as well share it in the original quality, so here it is, for all of you, they all need some cropping on the edges. Most of them are labeled with the date and venue, so this solves the question.

http://www.fileserve.com/file/Hjp3ccR

Enjoy!

:von:
Yeah, some of them are already in theWiki ... while others still need a little PhotoShop-treatment ... sharing them with everybody, is though the best thing, anyway ... :notworthy: ...
iesus
Overbomber

Excellent album, thank you for sharing :notworthy:
'Are we the Baddies?'...
"Someday! Someday, everything you need, is just gonna fall out of the sky..." -A.E. Reading 1991
"Don't forget that most of the judges in witches trials had harvard degrees."
timsinister
The Oncoming Storm

Cheers! :notworthy:
the-happening
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

Unknown 24,25 and 25 are from Cologne Alter Wartesaal 19th April 1985 great venue, had dinner there about a month ago hasn't changed much.
"i'm talking about god, devil, hell, do you understand, finally?"
Nikolas Vitus Lagartija
Overbomber

Thanks for posting. I saw some of the dates on the April 85 Euro tour and it was weird seeing the Sisters as just a trio without Marx, as it still is viewing these pix twenty-six years on.
The few members of the crowd you can make out on these shots are indicative of the groovy kind of audience the Girls used to draw (and to a certain extent still do) on the Old Continent. Less black clothing, more velvet cummerbunds, cord flares, "original" hairstyles (think Christo having a bad hair day) and paisley shirts.
Dan
Overbomber

Re: The Sisters of Mercy - Venue Unknown Boston USA 05.06.1985 001.jpg
Wow, I'd never even had that date confirmed until now. Lists of US tour dates always omit that one, and the only evidence I ever saw was in a gig review (the insert with Silence Is Platinum, if memory serves) which placed it between the Detroit & New York gigs. Where does the pic come from?
Oh, and based on previous Boston gigs it's maybe the Spit Club.

Also, unknown 20 & 23 belong with "The Sisters of Mercy 1985 001" & 003 as they're obviously from the same occasion, Marxless, so that narrows it down a bit.
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

Nikolas Vitus Lagartija wrote:Less black clothing, more velvet cummerbunds, cord flares, "original" hairstyles (think Christo having a bad hair day) and paisley shirts.
i think you've just described choque hosein :lol:

http://salvationhq.co.uk/gallery/live-photos/misc-live/
What’s the difference between a buffalo and a bison?
taylor
Slight Overbomber

Re: The Sisters of Mercy - Venue Unknown Boston USA 05.06.1985 001.jpg

No Dan are from San francisco I beam 85
Dan
Overbomber

taylor wrote:Re: The Sisters of Mercy - Venue Unknown Boston USA 05.06.1985 001.jpg

No Dan are from San francisco I beam 85
I-Beam, 1983?
San Francisco'85 was Kabuki Theatre and Eldo is wearing different clothes in those pics so it can't be that.

So was there a gig in Boston in 85, or did the review in Silence Is Platinum get it wrong?