Oslo, Norway - 2011-11-16

Gig reviews, set lists, thoughts, comments and observations on the 2010 Sisters dates and the 2011 30th Anniversary tour
Mothra
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

cats_n_cheese wrote:
Mothra wrote:Very tempted by this, having always wanted to visit Scandinavia. Have heard scary stories of the price of eating and drinking out and the like though. Anyone got any idea how much a beer costs in Oslo on average (priorities right!)
It's bloody expensive. I went to Oslo December '10, but prices aside, it's a fantastic place to visit! I'm really tempted by this Sisters gig there!!
Same here. Torn between this, Gothenburg & Stockholm. Either way looks like we'll be stocking up on thermals before November.

Paris was the most expensive city I've been to, beating Dublin by a good two Euros a beer. That said, I paid over £4 for a Guiness on Tottenham Court Road last night, so I guess the gap is closing all the time
despair
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

Still not sold out even though they are playing at a smaller venue than in 2009. But then again, the 2009 show was the first time they played here since 1985, and most of the attendants didn't seem too impressed by the performance.
Being645
Above the Chemist

Have fun everybody who is lucky enough to be there!!! ... ;D ...
dtsom
Slight Overbomber

Ribbons
Train/Det
Crash and Burn
Alice
Gift that Shines
Giving Ground
FALAA
Arms
Dominion
Summer
Logic
A Rock and Hard Place
This Corrosion
Pipeline
On the Wire
Flood II
---
Rain from Heaven
More
---
Lucretia
Vision Thing

diferent set list and rain fron heaven in.....superb!!
2023: Los Ángeles,Las Vegas, Londonx2, Valencia Madrid, Lisbon, Porto, Bilbao
Being645
Above the Chemist

:notworthy: ... thanks, dtsom.
despair

dtsom wrote:Ribbons
Train/Det
Crash and Burn
Alice
Gift that Shines
Giving Ground
FALAA
Arms
Dominion
Summer
Logic
A Rock and Hard Place
This Corrosion
Pipeline
On the Wire
Flood II
---
Rain from Heaven
More
---
Lucretia
Vision Thing
And of course TOL after that :wink:

Nice show indeed, much better than in 2009, but the crowd was a bit small, expected much more people than this, they even had to close off half of the venue.
Nikolas Vitus Lagartija
Overbomber

despair wrote: Nice show indeed, much better than in 2009, but the crowd was a bit small, expected much more people than this, they even had to close off half of the venue.
Any theories as to why such a poor turn-out ? Poor publicity ? The gig was not even listed on the KultOslo listings website. Kinda goes against the trend on this tour, with most of the others sold out.
despair

Nikolas Vitus Lagartija wrote:Any theories as to why such a poor turn-out ?
I think the main reason is the rather weak 2009 show when the entire band was food poisoned. Many people showed up then with quite high expectations (including hordes of goth kids who wanted to see the godfathers of goth, but got a rock band instead). Andrew was more or less 100% mumbling, Ben's guitar playing was especially cheesy, etc.

In 2009 they sold out a venue holding 1750 people. Tonight this 1200 people venue was approx. 50% full... and almost 100% goth kid free ;D

Also, the Sisters have always been a very obscure band here in Norway. I've been into several kinds of music and related sub-cultures since I was a kid, and have met and known countless similar minded people, but only a handful of them have really been into the Sisters. This means there are very few dedicated fans around here that will go and see them no matter what.

And most likely the Bergen show yesterday got some of the people that would have went to Oslo instead if they were only playing here.
Dr Poo
Amphetamine Filth

Funny how changing the order in which the same songs are played equates to a "different setlist" in some people's minds. :lol:
Being645
Above the Chemist

Dr Poo wrote:Funny how changing the order in which the same songs are played equates to a "different setlist" in some people's minds. :lol:
Error, no Will I Dream?, Summer and Rain From Heaven back ... and of course, like in grammar, a different (word) order changes the meaning of a sentence ... :lol: ...
Husek

Ah, now it sounds better!
Good setlist, but i still want NTTC so default as Alice or Dominion hahaha.
Cheers!
Project Personal Dok
Hardware: 100% (Single Hackintosh)
AU: 90%
Software: 90%
The Final Floorshow - My Own Sisters T-Shirt Shop
Ozpat
From the Lowlands

Great setlist! Thanks Diego!
"as we walk on the floodland"
Drsisters

nice night, nice setlist.. audience was horrible.. Fredrik got a chock, he never seen an audience like this before :lol: :lol:

Andrew was in a real good mood, made some funny remarks through the show. before flood2 he said something about a nice fish dinner he had :lol: :lol:
Andrew Eldritch Dour Festival 1997: Yeah, We take any request... As much as we ever do.
Sita

Drsisters wrote: Andrew was in a real good mood, made some funny remarks through the show. before flood2 he said something about a nice fish dinner he had :lol: :lol:
He eats? :eek:
mh
Above the Chemist

Sita wrote:
Drsisters wrote: Andrew was in a real good mood, made some funny remarks through the show. before flood2 he said something about a nice fish dinner he had :lol: :lol:
He eats? :eek:
Probably talking about the cat. :lol:
If I told them once, I told them a hundred times to put 'Spinal Tap' first and 'Puppet Show' last.
euphoria
Slight Overbomber

Drsisters wrote: before flood2 he said something about a nice fish dinner he had :lol: :lol:
Naughty old Von :P
Lynchfanatic
Fire Walking Owl

despair wrote:
Nikolas Vitus Lagartija wrote:Any theories as to why such a poor turn-out ?
I think the main reason is the rather weak 2009 show when the entire band was food poisoned. Many people showed up then with quite high expectations (including hordes of goth kids who wanted to see the godfathers of goth, but got a rock band instead). Andrew was more or less 100% mumbling, Ben's guitar playing was especially cheesy, etc.

In 2009 they sold out a venue holding 1750 people. Tonight this 1200 people venue was approx. 50% full... and almost 100% goth kid free ;D

Also, the Sisters have always been a very obscure band here in Norway. I've been into several kinds of music and related sub-cultures since I was a kid, and have met and known countless similar minded people, but only a handful of them have really been into the Sisters. This means there are very few dedicated fans around here that will go and see them no matter what.

And most likely the Bergen show yesterday got some of the people that would have went to Oslo instead if they were only playing here.
Well to be honest, thats why I did not go. I was so dissapointed the last time, I wanted to just curl up and cry. For the same reasons you are mentioning here. And also my budget would not allow it, I had just been to see Patrick Wolf a few days earlier, and went abit overboard in the merch stand :innocent:

I can agree with most you are saying with the prices are ok enough, if you earn money accordingly. But trust me, if you work in a kindergarden, the prices here are not ok.

So I kinda had to make a choice between Patrick and Sisters. I had the time of my life at the concert, it was beyond fantastic, and it took days to accept the show was over. But on the other hand I wish I could have gone to the Sisters too, I hope that was not the last time they will come here.

And oh yeah, btw. I can not say I have come across anyone else that has really heard about the Sisters here in Norway, except my brother and his friends who played it for me. :notworthy:
myspace.com/lynchfanatic
Being645
Above the Chemist

Did I mention that the Wiki page for this gig has some pretty pictures now ... thanks to unnamed suppliers ... ;D :notworthy: ...