2011-11-19 Lund

Gig reviews, set lists, thoughts, comments and observations on the 2010 Sisters dates and the 2011 30th Anniversary tour
Andrew S
Slight Overbomber

Dimehart wrote:I wont be joining you for a pre-gig meeting but there is a shabby pizzeria right across the street from the venue called Söders Pizzeria( I think). As long as you avoid the food and the bald yugoslavs in trainers you will be perfectly safe.
Yes I found it :roll: And due to a misunderstanding, I thought I'd ordered 3 slices of mushroom pizza, but ended up with 3 PIZZAS, which seemed to the mushroom replaced with salt as their main ingredient :lol: Apart from that, the gig itself was good. First time I've heard Rain From Heaven on these dates :D :notworthy: And coming from the UK, it was a pleasant change to see Christmas themes in shops and the streets without the usual plastic, flashing noisy tat that's all too common here.

Cheers for the links people - I'll watch them after work!
RIP Dale: 1994 - 2009
playboy
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

xfloorshowx wrote:Excellent gig...

Crash and Burn
Ribbons
First & Last & Always
Train/Detonation Boulevard
Alice
Marian
Arms
Dominion/Mother Russia
Summer
On the Wire/Teachers/On the Wire
Suzanne
Logic
No Time To Cry
This Corrosion
Pipeline
Flood II

Rain From Heaven
More

Lucretia
Vision Thing
Temple Of Love

Setlist keeps on changing, :von: and the boys seemed to be in a good mood. Sound was crisp and clear, volume where it should be, had a great time, best Sisters gig I've been to in years.. :notworthy:
Yes, the setlist has changed. Only 17 of the 21 songs were played last I saw them two years ago.
I don´t know what crisp an clear sound is actually. My first reaction was "have they forgot to turn on the outer speakers?". I was standing next to speakers on the side of the stage, thinking "this time I will hear them loud". Did they even use those speakers?? I am not sure, to be honest. And when Andrew started to sing I thought "oh, no, not again, turn the vocals up PLEASE". It got a LITTLE better though after a while.

So for me, the sound was only ok (I heard a few afterwards saying it was crappy sound - and as they weren´t regular Sisters-goers I can see what they meen, we other are used by now).
I knew what songs they were going to play more or less (I have not been reading the setlists to the previous shows this month - in case there was a serious change in the setlist).
So I was going for a good time, and I did have a good time. Not a top show by ANY means (same as it ever was), but a nice time.

Musicwise, I must admit that I liked Alice, First And Last And Always, Marian, Dominion, This Corrosion, Lucretia and Vision Thing. I enjoyd those.
Two times I more than enjoyed it. I was actually getting goose bumps during No Time To Cry and at the first minutes of Rain From Heaven. And THAT was a loong time ago I got during a Sisters gig.

What I didn´t like was Summer, On The Wire and We Are The Same Susanne. They felt very tired, in a way, no motion, and that was mirrored in Chris which seemed to think the same. It could be the worst and less energetic On The Wire, I have heard. Such a shame on such good and powerful song.

All in all. They were good enough to give see them again if they come within an hours driving.
playboy

Drsisters wrote:Last night was nice, but not as nice as Gothenburg.. Yeah, I agree the sound was clear.. but the sound in Gothenburg by far was better.
No Time To Cry and We Are The Same, Susanne was superb performed.

Andrew was quite drunk, he almost screwed More up a bit, but Chris gave him a poke that he was to early to start to scream I WANT MORE :lol: :lol:

one song I really missed was A Gift That Shines, but you cant have it all, I guess.

Hopefully it will be back in Stockholm tonight.
I met Andrew afterwards. He wasn´t that drunk actually.
playboy

TheGoodSon wrote:Last night was the best Sisters gig I have ever experienced. It was quite simply awesome.
The sound was crisp, clear and LOUD. The crowd was wonderful, at least where I was standing. We had ourselves quite the party, and today my voice is sore from all the singalong. Oh, and the setlist was perfect!

After I saw them in Malmö and Copenhagen in 06, I felt more or less sure that the Sisters Live Thing was over for me. It was all just too disappointing. Now, I can´t wait until the next time!
To Von, Chris and Ben - a huge Thank You!
LOUD? Were you sitting IN the speakers, perhaps?....
Did you hear the support band, by the way?
playboy

Yggdrasil wrote:Hi everyone, long time...

I managed to snap quite a few photos at last night's gig in Lund, and a cracking gig it was! Our dear Leader was more animated (inebriated?) than usual, I almost feared he would break out into a dance routine, the setlist was pretty good, the sound was good (loud!), and the lighting beautiful.

Here you go, raw and unedited:

http://gallery.me.com/andershjemdahl#100089

Please find included a video of the full intro and Crash & Burn, with steady camera & good vantage point, albeit with a bit distorted sound (this is the first file on the page).
Nice pics! I can see both myself and my wife.
Yggdrasil

playboy wrote:Nice pics! I can see both myself and my wife.
Glad you like them, just let me know if you want the full resolution version!
TheGoodSon
Amphetamine Filth

playboy wrote:
TheGoodSon wrote:Last night was the best Sisters gig I have ever experienced. It was quite simply awesome.
The sound was crisp, clear and LOUD. The crowd was wonderful, at least where I was standing. We had ourselves quite the party, and today my voice is sore from all the singalong. Oh, and the setlist was perfect!

After I saw them in Malmö and Copenhagen in 06, I felt more or less sure that the Sisters Live Thing was over for me. It was all just too disappointing. Now, I can´t wait until the next time!
My ears were ringing the next day, and that is the first time that´s ever happened after a Sisters-gig....so yeah, I was pleased volume-wise... :)
And yes, I saw The Deer Tracks. Their last song was ok, the rest of it was rubbish. And they looked...ridiculous, shall we say. :)
The dominant need of the needy soul is to be needed.
playboy

TheGoodSon wrote:
playboy wrote:

My ears were ringing the next day, and that is the first time that´s ever happened after a Sisters-gig....so yeah, I was pleased volume-wise... :)
And yes, I saw The Deer Tracks. Their last song was ok, the rest of it was rubbish. And they looked...ridiculous, shall we say. :)
I guess I was standing at a wrong space. I was standing next to the speakers on the floor at the side of the stage, but they did not seem to be turned on... If there was any ringing in my ears it was becasue of someone screaming and shouting next to me...
I missed the support band but according to a lot of people I did not miss any good. I heard the last song when I got into the venue. They, though, seemed to play loud, but i can be wrong.
euphoria
Slight Overbomber

TheGoodSon wrote: My ears were ringing the next day, and that is the first time that´s ever happened after a Sisters-gig
Oh, the pleasure to ever experience that at a Sisters gig, one can only dream of it :lol:

Glad you liked it Johan, they seem to be really groovy now :D

(but I still want Far parade...grrr)
TheGoodSon
Amphetamine Filth

euphoria wrote:
TheGoodSon wrote: My ears were ringing the next day, and that is the first time that´s ever happened after a Sisters-gig
Oh, the pleasure to ever experience that at a Sisters gig, one can only dream of it :lol:

Glad you liked it Johan, they seem to be really groovy now :D

(but I still want Far parade...grrr)
They are definitely on some kind of roll, yes... :) (although I am with you on the Far Parade issue)....
TheGoodSon
Amphetamine Filth

playboy wrote:
Drsisters wrote:Last night was nice, but not as nice as Gothenburg.. Yeah, I agree the sound was clear.. but the sound in Gothenburg by far was better.

Andrew was quite drunk, he almost screwed More up a bit, but Chris gave him a poke that he was to early to start to scream I WANT MORE :lol: :lol:

one song I really missed was A Gift That Shines, but you cant have it all, I guess.

Did you ask Andrew about the sound volume issue? What did he have to say?
Being645
Above the Chemist

TheGoodSon wrote:
playboy wrote:

:lol: :lol: ... :notworthy: ... great joking, TheGoodSon ...
TheGoodSon
Amphetamine Filth

Being645 wrote:
TheGoodSon wrote:
playboy wrote: I met Andrew afterwards. He wasn´t that drunk actually.
Actually, I was being serious... :) Since playboy thought the sound was too low, and since he knows Von and met him the night of the gig, I just thought he might have asked him "hey, how come you don´t crank it up?"...
Being645
Above the Chemist

TheGoodSon wrote:
Being645 wrote:
TheGoodSon wrote: Did you ask Andrew about the sound volume issue? What did he have to say?
Actually, I was being serious... :) Since playboy thought the sound was too low, and since he knows Von and met him the night of the gig, I just thought he might have asked him "hey, how come you don´t crank it up?"...
Yes, I know. And you're right ... :) ... it was only just too tempting .... :wink: ...
playboy

TheGoodSon wrote:
playboy wrote:

No, but I spoked to Simon about it. He came up to me and asked me how the sound was. I said that it was "ok....ok... as usual... a bit low". He said "Oh well..... ok.... well.... can´t be good every night".
He knows about the sound issue and he is the one most concerning about it.

Andrew was drinking a beer, smoking some cigs and kissing a local girl.

He was rather relaxed until he was getting into the buss, then he put on his shades, walked the five meters to the buss surrounded by two guys talking into mobilphones looking tough and Andrew was looking down, stoneface, shades on, cap down to the shades (think Bob Dylan).
What made it really silly (besides the fact that was without the shades for wto hours after the gig, both inside and outside smoking and putting them on walking into the bus) was the fact that the people surrounding him looked liked they were there to hold fans away from him. Which there were none.......
_emma_
Overbomber

playboy wrote:Andrew was drinking a beer, smoking some cigs and kissing a local girl.
Wow, that's called multitasking! :lol: How do you know she was local though, she could've been just as well, say, Belgian. Oh well. I'd better get back to packing.
Andrew S
Slight Overbomber

_emma_ wrote:Oh well. I'd better get back to packing.
Me too :lol: Incidentally, I thought the sound was fine - ears ringing slightly afterwards so wouldn't want it louder.
RIP Dale: 1994 - 2009
playboy

_emma_ wrote:
playboy wrote:Andrew was drinking a beer, smoking some cigs and kissing a local girl.
Wow, that's called multitasking! :lol: How do you know she was local though, she could've been just as well, say, Belgian. Oh well. I'd better get back to packing.
You may be right. I didn´t ask here where she lived.
originalgoth
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

Be careful what you wish for when it comes to a loud gig..........

http://uk.health.lifestyle.yahoo.net/ti ... n-life.htm

Maybe he should have gone to a Sisters gig instead :eek:
And I ride down the Highway 101
By the side of the ocean, headed for Sunset

Black Planet according to originalGoth
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2hYeYgNIntQ
playboy

originalgoth wrote:Be careful what you wish for when it comes to a loud gig..........

http://uk.health.lifestyle.yahoo.net/ti ... n-life.htm

Maybe he should have gone to a Sisters gig instead :eek:
This is a sad story. Real tragic.

That said... I do not wish that it was terrible loud. But I cannot remember a single concert with lower volume than Sisters. The mainspeakers were even not used, they are not there just to look at... It is even almost louder sound at cinemas!

And, anyway, I really only commented some here who wrote that the sound was LOUD, with capital letters.
originalgoth

It is a sad story for sure.
I suffer from Tinnitus but it's not unbearable and sometimes it's not even present.

I was under some impression that concerts these days couldn't be over a certain volume level due to all the Health & Safety issues, am I right about that?

I know that we're not always discussing the level of volume when it comes to Sisters gig, we're discussing the clarity of the sound & the mix coming out of the speackers.

Being645
Above the Chemist

Clear sound is surely better than merely loud sound.
Though if some people are too deaf already, there's nothing that could help them ... :wink: ...
originalgoth

Yes, I agree, I'd prefer a clear sound at even low volume over crap sound blearing out.

playboy

Being645 wrote:Clear sound is surely better than merely loud sound.
Though if some people are too deaf already, there's nothing that could help them ... :wink: ...
Well......... I agree.

In the end, to be honest, if the sound was not bad - howcome it is even discussed that much, here, in local papers, after the shows?
If the sound was good, no-one would comment it.......
Being645
Above the Chemist

playboy wrote:
Being645 wrote:Clear sound is surely better than merely loud sound.
Well......... I agree.

In the end, to be honest, if the sound was not bad - howcome it is even discussed that much, here, in local papers, after the shows?
If the sound was good, no-one would comment it.......
IIRC, it's not been the sound discussed much in local papers but The Sisters' development in general: no new release, no Sisters as they were in the 1980ies, Eldritch mumbling rather than singing and so on ...

So, yeah, why is this discussion about "bad" sound? Because the sound is important, and no-one would spent their money on seeing a band if their sound is bad? Because, sometimes, the sound is not perfect which happens to bands in the world? Because audience live recording technologies have improved but are still no substitute for studio recordings ? Because in venues, there are almost always spots where the sound is not perfect? Because some people can't take not to get what they want or think they deserve (be it justified or not)?