03-12-2011 Groningen, Oosterpoort (NL)

Gig reviews, set lists, thoughts, comments and observations on the 2010 Sisters dates and the 2011 30th Anniversary tour
Yggdrasil
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

Wrecker wrote:One of my 12 clips filmed yesterday:

Romeo Down: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q9QDugLOPtI
Great, many many thanks!
Tinu
Road Kill

It was just awesome! It took me about 1 hour to get the melted Candy-Bra off of my tits...
Never Land
Amphetamine Filth

Tinu wrote:It was just awesome! It took me about 1 hour to get the melted Candy-Bra off of my tits...
Nice to see you 3 hot-wonderbra-guys 2 evenings.

:kiss:
Debs on smoke Debs on weed Debs on Duvel Debs on sleep.
LouLou
Slight Overbomber

just when i was beginning to think i’d lost interest in the antics of :von: &co they set me straight with two superduperstonking numbers.

i loved both gigs and it’s really hard for me to pick between the two. Groningen gets my vote setlist-wise (courtesy of messrs John&Romeo), plus couple of bonus points for the stage being a tad lower than Utrecht *cough*. i felt the sound was better as well – more consistent throughout.

but Utrecht wins hands down when it comes to atmosphere. the crowd was great. LOTS of singing along and, judging by the ever so slight bruising on my ribcage from being squished against the stage, a healthy dose of physical activity and misc. weirdness in the pit. filling in for Chris’ guitar parts in arms was great fun too ;D

obligatory complaint (because i can): no otw. boo hiss. no lights either, but i already gave up hoping i’ll ever hear it live.

it’s been absolutely wonderful catching up with some lovely HL folk again :kiss: :notworthy:

i’m very annoyed with myself for having pulled my usual post-gig disappearing acts. will do better next time :oops:

Venus wrote:Thank you Sisters for the best Sinterklaas presents ever!

jeez, thanks for this. now i’m stuck with the mental image of the band dressed up as Zwarte Pieten and throwing beer cans down chimneys :urff: :lol:
Venus
Amphetamine Filth

:lol:

It was great fun seeing you again.
My Dominion
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6YnsyTD1 ... e=youtu.be

A first impression !
Crash and Burn

I have opened my own youtube "My Dominion NL" :D

Enjoy !!!
http://www.mydominionnl.com
A fanwebsite !
Gent, Eindhoven and Lokeren
Being645
Above the Chemist

My Dominion wrote:Setlist:
====================

It was great !
The last gig of 2011 and it was awesome.

It was greet meeting you all ....
Thanks for posting the setlist, Bert ... ;D :notworthy: ... and yes, you did forget my name in the list, but hell, that's not so important.

The venue was lovely with a cafè in the entrance zone, with a smoker's area inside and the Kleene Zaal itself,
which was partly seated for free choice. I also liked the support act, yeah they expressed a few things quite in a good way ...
only me, I'm unfortunately further apart than that, hell. But still, what they did was done in a good way ... :notworthy: ...

So I was looking forward to The Sisters' gig ... the sound was wonderfully clear ... ;D ;D ;D :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: ...
I could hear it all, but again was slightly too self-absorbed and exhausted to follow in parts ... :urff: ... which I hate,
because I'm of no use in such condition, but hell ... one day I will have digged myself through that mess completely ... :evil: :twisted: ...

And at least some parts did really get through to me, such as those wonderful guitars of Ben, who really got his part where it should be ...

That was a pleasure to hear and also, in a moment, it met a point within my absorbtion so directly ... I can only say thank you for that,
because in places where I entirely lack expression while I urgently needed some ... everything becomes so unreachable, unresolvable ...
only music can make it there with me then at times ... and I take it for a mark of quality where it does.

Anyway, The Sisters sound in total was so clear and the songs arrangements so wonderfully laid out ...
it should be a treasure to listen to the recordings of that gig over and over again ... :notworthy: ;D :notworthy: ...

Also, it was a very nice surprise to hear John I'm Only Dancing again ... really a pleasure and a joy for me to see it back
- obviously thoroughly worked out as well, and better than ever ... ;D :notworthy: ... hihi, that was just great fun ...

I've always liked that song, and I think it fits perfectly into the Sisters setlist, for that is what I am doing as well in a way
... only dancing ... as far as I can see (be it miles ;D ... or millimetres :urff: ), unambitiously and in the dreamed free space
that should be ... and not like at the masters exam or like having to answer an entirely existential question ... :lol: ...
Oh how I loved Bowie for creating that decades ago ... :notworthy: ... *

* that one's for you, Eldo, too ... but I know, you've higly improved at that as well,
which pleases me more than anything, because often enough I 've felt like the mark-challenged idiot on the entire opposite ... :urff: :cry: :lol: ...
By far not that often recently, and that is fine. Still, you might not be aware that I AM the last person to deserve an
interpretation of "Blizzard King" like that one today. But ho-hey ... given John I'm Only Dancing you may do it ...
while I can survive, those few heart-bleeding tears and another small bulk of s**t aside ... :lol: ...
and after all I've heard you do so many other versions, and this is definitely a possible one, so no worries ... :wink: ...

What is left to say it that here like in Utrecht, it was a lovely pleasure for me to see everybody ... known and unknown faces,
closer and not so close people ...and everybody was content with the gig, with the tour and looking forward to next year ... ;D ...
... me, of course, included ... ;D ;D ;D ...

Oh, and not to forget, what was very nice as well, was to see the band after the show.
(apart from Von ... :cry: ... but hell, I think, we are all happy for now, aren't we? ... :lol: ...)

IMHO, it is one of the best achievements of The Sisters compared to former times, that as to communications things have - eventually -
reached a certain level of normality beyond (and despite) the hells we had or thought to have had ... some of those who were there,
might know well, what I'm talking about. Insofar thanks to the band, i.e. especially to Chris and Si and Ben for that as well ... :notworthy: ...
LouLou
Slight Overbomber

Venus wrote::lol:

awwww! :kiss:

*waves at Bert*
My Dominion

LouLou wrote:
Venus wrote::lol:

awwww! :kiss:

*waves at Bert*
Missed you after the gig ... and could not say bye bye, but now from here .... saying hello and goodbye :-) and see you in 2012
A fanwebsite !
My Dominion

Thank you for the good review Sabine :notworthy:
A fanwebsite !
Ozpat
From the Lowlands

Thanks for the reviews, setlist...
Did not miss anything I guess. :innocent:
"as we walk on the floodland"
My Dominion

A fanwebsite !
neardark
Road Kill

Brilliant show!!
Everything was perfect!!
Last gig and fantastic show!!

I´m very happy with all the people i´ve met this tour!!!
Netherlands was a great experience!!

I´d like to thank all the people from heartland!!
See you soon!!
King regards.
Domingo.
2011...on road again...
dinky daisy
Slight Overbomber

Gollum's Cock wrote:Great sound, much better than 2009 and 2006. Nice venue. I enjoyed.

There was too much smoke and I f**king hate the cherry picking shoulder twats.
Hahaha! :notworthy:
guns & cars & accidents
dinky daisy
Slight Overbomber

@ Gollum's Cock Cherries? Maaaaan, these things seem collarflowers. Or sausages.
guns & cars & accidents
Being645
Above the Chemist

Never Land wrote:
Tinu wrote:It was just awesome! It took me about 1 hour to get the melted Candy-Bra off of my tits...
Nice to see you 3 hot-wonderbra-guys 2 evenings.

:kiss:
Seconded, even though I missed your sweet surprise ... but hell ... :lol: ...
it was nice to meet you all, anyway ...

Welcome on Heartland, Tinu ... :D ...
sukhoi
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

...and to make a collection complete :lol:

John I'm Only Dancing
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gxcaTZIITmI

and Vision Thing (flavoured with moshpit...)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EvSUTCsDPas

...and once again, great to see you all :notworthy:

Petr aliasSukhoi
Right On Venom And Revenge
paul
Overbomber

Yeah, Xenos bra's rule!!! :lol:

Venus
Amphetamine Filth

paul wrote:
Next time I bring some nipple tassels for you guys. For the extra twirl. :lol:
centurionofprix

:lol:

In unrelated news, it seems they added a bit of Ben to the Logic chorus. About time. They've really been rocking that song lately, and it just gets better and better.
Ozpat
From the Lowlands

paul wrote:

I think not... :von: ....nah! Sorry.... :twisted:
"as we walk on the floodland"
paul
Overbomber

Ozpat wrote: I think not... :von: ....nah! Sorry.... :twisted:
Do I sense jalousy here, Pat? There's a Xenos in Heerlen, you know :lol:
My Dominion

Now online:

http://groningen.mydominionnl.com/index.html

With all my impressions/ photo's and video's.

If you have any photo's / video's please contact me if you want to put them on my website
A fanwebsite !
Venus
Amphetamine Filth

Thank you Bert! :kiss: