Dublin?

Gig reviews, set lists, thoughts, comments and observations on the 2010 Sisters dates and the 2011 30th Anniversary tour
Ozpat
From the Lowlands

Obviousman wrote:And nothing about the bastard audience?!
That's not what I expected from the Irish. :eek:
"as we walk on the floodland"
abridged
Slight Overbomber

Obviousman wrote:And nothing about the bastard audience?!
:eek: Being a part of that audience I thought it was good from where I was standing...
The Chancer Corporation
Mav787
One life, all I need

I enjoyed the theatre layout with the enforced segregation by security.

I got there early and got my place on the rail and just for once wasn't hassled by pint carrying idiots pushing their way to the front as the lights go down. Whereas in London.....

1. If you want to be at the front then turn up early like the rest of us
2. Why do people persist in standing right at the front drinking/spilling pints? Either stand in the middle/back with the people stood still if you want to drink or try going 90 minutes without a drink, it can be done.

Rant over.
Tilburg - Brussels
lachert
Overbomber

Mav787 wrote:I enjoyed the theatre layout with the enforced segregation by security.

I got there early and got my place on the rail and just for once wasn't hassled by pint carrying idiots pushing their way to the front as the lights go down. Whereas in London.....

1. If you want to be at the front then turn up early like the rest of us
2. Why do people persist in standing right at the front drinking/spilling pints? Either stand in the middle/back with the people stood still if you want to drink or try going 90 minutes without a drink, it can be done.

Rant over.
:lol: i love that post :lol:
long live rock'n'roll
Planet Dave
Underneath the Rock

The audience were great in the Upper Circle, maybe you should have climbed up, Father Z :P

I don't suppose anyone recorded the show did they? Or is it gonna go down in the same history file as Metallica Sheffield 96, ie the only unrecorded show in the history of the band? Hope not, I was at that fckr too.
Obviousman
Outside the Simian Flock

Hmm, seems all who were surrounding me and agreed are trying to forget all about it :lol:

One note though: I'm not a pint carrying idiot and I understand what you're on about Mav787. However, if people start to threaten you whenever you move the slightest, I'm not exactly sure what's good about the audience :|
Styles are a lie.

My Facebook/My Flickr
lachert
Overbomber

i'm still don't understand people which are going to the first rows and expect peace and quiet. buy yourself circle ticket next time.

anyway, heartland models on dame street, the day after :twisted:

long live rock'n'roll
mh
Above the Chemist

:notworthy:

The last gang in town!
If I told them once, I told them a hundred times to put 'Spinal Tap' first and 'Puppet Show' last.
Mav787
One life, all I need

Obviousman wrote:However, if people start to threaten you whenever you move the slightest, I'm not exactly sure what's good about the audience :|
1. Obviously if you want to dance in YOUR space (in a non-violent way) then this should be allowed.
2. Threats have no place at a gig full of Sisters fans.
3. If you feel you need more space to dance then move further back where you are behind those who are standing still. I've seen plenty of occasions where dancers are interested in the sound rather than the visuals so dance behind the mixing desk.
4. If you want to dance in a violent way then go join the pit but have some respect to those on the edge of the pit. They don't want to join in with you but someone has got to stand there.
5. If you want to drink don't stand in the pit, its just going to go everywhere.
6. If people queue early and get to the front rail, respect their position. I hate it when people try to weasel their way into a non-existent gap. BTW this is almost always females. If you're small and want to see, get there early or stand further back or sit down. You don't have a god-given right to be right at the front.

I'll be the one in Barcelona following these rules. :)
Tilburg - Brussels
dinky daisy
Slight Overbomber

Mav787 wrote:
Obviousman wrote:However, if people start to threaten you whenever you move the slightest, I'm not exactly sure what's good about the audience :|
1. Obviously if you want to dance in YOUR space (in a non-violent way) then this should be allowed.
3. If you feel you need more space to dance then move further back where you are behind those who are standing still. I've seen plenty of occasions where dancers are interested in the sound rather than the visuals so dance behind the mixing desk.
4. If you want to dance in a violent way then go join the pit but have some respect to those on the edge of the pit. They don't want to join in with you but someone has got to stand there.
5. If you want to drink don't stand in the pit, its just going to go everywhere.
6. If people queue early and get to the front rail, respect their position. I hate it when people try to weasel their way into a non-existent gap. BTW this is almost always females. If you're small and want to see, get there early or stand further back or sit down. You don't have a god-given right to be right at the front.

Is this filed under Rock 'n' Rule? Where can I find the Law and Order application form for a Stooges concert?

Maaan... Where you a Chris De Burgh fan in the old days?
guns & cars & accidents
Mav787
One life, all I need

dinky daisy wrote:
Is this filed under Rock 'n' Rule? Where can I find the Law and Order application form for a Stooges concert?
I've been to plenty of Stooges concerts and they're no different. Just because you're at a gig doesn't mean you can be a tw*t.
dinky daisy wrote: Maaan... Where you a Chris De Burgh fan in the old days?
Still am :wink:
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

Just because you're at a gig doesn't mean you can order someone around.

Having said that, I agree that most of your "rules" are (or at least should be) common courtesy.
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
dinky daisy
Slight Overbomber

To me, i would like to add a rock 'n' rule myself: men, wash yourself or use proper deodorant.
guns & cars & accidents
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

:urff: :lol: :notworthy:
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
Mav787
One life, all I need

dinky daisy wrote:To me, i would like to add a rock 'n' rule myself: men, wash yourself or use proper deodorant.
Damn, I knew there was a 7th rule, just couldn't remember it. :lol:

:notworthy:
lachert
Overbomber

Mav787, wtf? :eek: :lol: :wink:
long live rock'n'roll
Obviousman
Outside the Simian Flock

Mav787 wrote:

You clearly thought this through :D

The rules make sense for the best part. Only things I'd like to add is that those standing around the pit should take this into account when choosing their position as well. If you're in the middle of the first rows at a Sisters gig, it's just silly to assume there won't be a pit. So don't assume you won't get the odd push, even though I'm sure everyone who's in doesn't mean to harm anyone outside of the pit.

Oh, and don't smoke in the pit or wear stuff with sharp ends on it either. That just hurts!

The problem here was every attempt at a modest pit was met with threats where we were stood in the beginning. Not good. :|
Styles are a lie.

My Facebook/My Flickr
mh
Above the Chemist

...and if someone is the best part of 7 feet tall, you gotta assume that they're gonna need a wee bit more space than the average punter. ;)
If I told them once, I told them a hundred times to put 'Spinal Tap' first and 'Puppet Show' last.
Obviousman
Outside the Simian Flock

You think? :lol:
Styles are a lie.

My Facebook/My Flickr
radiojamaica
Overbomber

dinky daisy wrote:
Mav787 wrote:

Maaan... Where you a Chris De Burgh fan in the old days?
Chris De Burgh :eek: :lol:

Anyway, where we were standing it really was terrible. The Sisters are a move & groove thing for me and that was made impossible by the people around us. At first we had a (mild) moshpit going, but that didn't last for more than 20 seconds. Okay, there wasn't that much room there because of that bloody 2nd barrier so we were bound to annoy someone and that's surely not my intention. So I tried to move 'slightly' on my own, but even that was met with very negative reactions. I then went outside for a bit of fresh air, came back in and decided to stand at the back and watch the lights instead. 30 seconds later a security guy came to me and pointed out that I needed to stay in between the lines on the floor and not stand against the wall. Was this kindergarten? I dunno, but I just did not find my place in the Olympia and I do think that was mostly due to the crowd & security... Maybe I should've gone for a seat in the upper circle after all :wink:
in dub we trust
big man with a gun
Road Kill

there was a Sisters afterparty in Fibbers? FFS I avoided there because I thought it's only under 21s/student bar these days. Ended up in Bruxelles. Only all thrash metal and cock rock. :evil:
gothnight
Road Kill

big man with a gun wrote:there was a Sisters afterparty in Fibbers? FFS I avoided there because I thought it's only under 21s/student bar these days. Ended up in Bruxelles. Only all thrash metal and cock rock. :evil:
There was indeed an afterparty. And the good news is that Ben Christo will be back to Dublin just after Christmas to do an old school goth DJ set on Wednesday 28th December.

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000968929845[/img]