Heartland Forum Index
       FAQ      Rules      Search      Paypal Donation      Photo Gallery      Sisters Wiki   
   Register · Profile · Log in to check your private messages · View New Posts · Usergroups · Memberlist · Statistics  
   Follow us on   Twitter    Facebook · Log in  
Sisters in 2011
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Heartland Forum Index -> Sisters 2010/2011 Tours
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nikolas Vitus Lagartija
Overbomber

PostPost #26  Posted: Thu Dec 01, 2011 11:30 pm    Post subject: Re: Sisters in 2011 Reply with quote Back to top

Mav787 wrote:

Wishes for 2012:

2. The first song to always be FALAA or Kiss The Carpet.

The show opener is always a key part of a good gig for me. Kiss the Carpet and Crash and Burn have the right elements - a slow-burner with plenty of time for the tension to build until Our fearless leader! emerges through the sodium haze. Comfortably Numb/SKOS was also perfect. For me FALAA
fits into the same category as Anaconda and TOL - too fast, and not enough build up before the vocals kick in.
Never Land
Amphetamine Filth

PostPost #27  Posted: Sat Dec 03, 2011 1:03 pm    Post subject: Re: Sisters in 2011 Reply with quote Back to top

Steven Eloot wrote:
Hello everybody on Heartland.
My name is Steven and I live in Belgium...

Hi Steven.
Cool
Rita
Road Kill

PostPost #28  Posted: Sun Dec 04, 2011 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Been to just two gigs this year (a lot for me): saw the girls back in March in Paris and in Utrecht on December first. Great gigs!

In 2012 -if they tour again- I would like to hear:

On the Wire
Emma
Valentine
Gimme Shelter
Jolene

What can I say? They are awesome classics!
_emma_
Overbomber

PostPost #29  Posted: Tue Dec 06, 2011 12:32 am    Post subject: Re: Sisters in 2011 Reply with quote Back to top

Steven Eloot wrote:
My name is Steven and I live in Belgium. Some Heartlanders know who I am.

Yup. Smile Hello. Smile
techno-phobe
Road Kill

PostPost #30  Posted: Tue Dec 06, 2011 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Did both Leeds gigs and the Barcelona gig this year and have been really happy with the gigs. Not as many as I would've liked due to slackness mainly but on balance I'm pleased to have seen them at the start and near the end of the tour.

The Leeds gigs were great fun with a good selection of tunes over the two nights and Barcelona was ace. Whether my girlfriends getting in to them now and insisting we went down the front made a difference but it just seemed like such a top gig.

As for 2012 for my two pence I second both Sita and Husek for Driven Like The Snow and Nine While Nine plus would love to hear the following :-

Comfortably Numb / Some Kind Of Stranger
Emma
Jolene
ADRENACHROME ! ! ! ! (Please, please, please, grovel, grovel, beg, beg)
Sister Ray
Husek
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

PostPost #31  Posted: Thu Dec 08, 2011 1:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

techno-phobe wrote:
Did both Leeds gigs and the Barcelona gig this year and have been really happy with the gigs. Not as many as I would've liked due to slackness mainly but on balance I'm pleased to have seen them at the start and near the end of the tour.

The Leeds gigs were great fun with a good selection of tunes over the two nights and Barcelona was ace. Whether my girlfriends getting in to them now and insisting we went down the front made a difference but it just seemed like such a top gig.

As for 2012 for my two pence I second both Sita and Husek for Driven Like The Snow and Nine While Nine plus would love to hear the following :-

Comfortably Numb / Some Kind Of Stranger
Emma
Jolene
ADRENACHROME ! ! ! ! (Please, please, please, grovel, grovel, beg, beg)
Sister Ray

Adrenochrome would be nice.
Beside Heartland, of course.
Gosh, how i wish to hear Heartland just one more time.
(And the 4minutes version of Burn just before it ) Laughing
Software: 70%
The Final Floorshow - My Own Sisters T-Shirt Shop
Christian
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

PostPost #32  Posted: Sat Dec 10, 2011 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

To the live stuff collectors: I really like Gift that shines. Which is the best recording of it (relating to sound quality)?
Eggi1
Amphetamine Filth

PostPost #33  Posted: Sat Dec 10, 2011 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Christian wrote:
To the live stuff collectors: I really like Gift that shines. Which is the best recording of it (relating to sound quality)?

from the recordings in circulation:

Berlin 01/03/2011 & Gothenburg 20/11/2011 (both are in the sharing section)

and i want more ...
Christian
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

PostPost #34  Posted: Sat Dec 10, 2011 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

suberb, thank you Eggi.

The Stockholm rec. is brillant by the way.
We are not worthy!
lazarus corporation
Lord Protector

PostPost #35  Posted: Mon Jan 02, 2012 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I suddenly noticed that (as well as being noticeably faster) the live version of Marian is now played in Gm rather than Em.

Certainly makes the twiddly guitar bit easier, as you can play it all on the top 3 strings, plus Eldritch obviously finds it easier to sing at volume in G than in E.
MadameButterfly
Mad Mental Bat

PostPost #36  Posted: Tue Jan 31, 2012 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

considering i went to two of the gigs in 2011, one in Belgium, one in Holland:

* Groeneputte ~ Stekene 02/09/2011

* it was hot, it was belgium, a friday & meet & drink with Our fearless leader! & 3 others was definately the highlight of the year for me.
    * the audience was fabulous except for the elbowing men around me.

* Tivoli ~ Utrecht 02/12/2011

* it was intense, sound was brilliant but then again i was stood very near to the speakers. it also got hot but there was a spot to dance right up front which was awesome.
    * the audience, those around me HL members, were lovely, & the band seemed to be having fun on stage, always good.

so my humble vote goes to... best gig...*drum roll*...

Tivoli ~ Utrecht.

wish list for 2012, to do a quick gig near to me in the summer months & of course YCBTO to be sneaked in somewhere! Wink

markfiend
goriller of form 3b

PostPost #37  Posted: Wed Feb 01, 2012 10:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

lazarus corporation wrote:
I suddenly noticed that (as well as being noticeably faster) the live version of Marian is now played in Gm rather than Em.

Certainly makes the twiddly guitar bit easier, as you can play it all on the top 3 strings, plus Eldritch obviously finds it easier to sing at volume in G than in E.
It's a pity they don't do it in Dm, which, as Nigel Tufnel could tell you, is the saddest of all keys.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Heartland Forum Index -> Sisters 2010/2011 Tours All times are GMT + 1 Hour
 Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: