Has he lost the plot!?

THE place for your Sisters-related comments, questions and snippets of Sisters information. For those who do not know, The Sisters of Mercy are a rock'n'roll band. And a pop band. And an industrial groove machine. Or so they say. They make records. Lots of records, apparently. But not in your galaxy. They play concerts. Lots of concerts, actually. But you still cannot see them. So what's it all about, Alfie? This is one of the few tightly-moderated forums on Heartland, so please keep on-topic. All off-topic posts will either be moved or deleted. Chairman Bux is the editor and the editor's decision is final. Danke.
Purple Light
Slight Overbomber

Andrew stating in that New Zealand radio interview - (http://www.radionz.co.nz/national/music/talk) quite happily by all accounts about where (when he's in the UK) he roughly lives seems like he's letting his guard down a bit too much.

My old man lives in Farsley and has seen him around and knows where he lives, and my work is moving to Farsley in a month so I'll be there every day.

Good job I'm not a stalker and don't really give a sh*t being my point. He should be more careful. :wink:
“I got lost in the mirror, wondering what could have been, I couldn’t help but kill her, but I couldn’t kill the dream.”
Being645
Above the Chemist

:lol: ... You got it all wrong!

This exactly has been part of the plot, this, and that telephone tapping thing. Create a lovely double-bind, get people into some deep distress about the right distance, about the healthiness of their natural emotion, about the healthiness of the natural emotion of the people next to them, and when you are on stage, shout like a dragon spitting over their "awareness-driven" heads ... then hide like a shy lord in the fog and yell weeping songs about the poor hearts' filthy lessons while let/make your emotion-forbidden, exit-needy following interprete them as merely "political" ... move freely anywhere you go and have those around always take care where they put their step (even in their, not your, hometown) and control where their fellows go to make sure for you there're no acute mental stuff around ... thus dispose of an army of pseudo-psycho self-announced "protectors" (which you at the same time completely deny and reject) pursuing some - really - crazy self-imposed order to (in the worst case) destroy the complete life of whoever they might imagine to challenge you, if they think it necessary (and just like so) ... and all in the name of a "love", they won't allow "the enemy" to even feel, not mention - hell, that were really, really bad - get ... :urff: :urff: :urff: ... Mass paranoia and manipulation at it's best. With Eldritch the great populist. Some might even call it Goth ... :evil: ... :lol: :lol: :lol:...

Really, I can't tell how glad I am that this utterly s**t has stopped widely throughout 2010/2011 !!!
Now, The Sisters really rock ... ;D ;D ;D ... instead of giving in to the mechanical squeezing on such nonsense.

The worst - and, IMHO, flattest idiocy - that could be is dwell on such "strategies" now again. Insofar, I agree.
He could have been more careful ... Though on the other hand, what do I know.
Von should know best, for he's the one to deal with the results.
Being645
Above the Chemist

:lol: ... You got it all wrong!

This exactly has been part of the plot, this, and that telephone tapping thing. Create a lovely double-bind, get people into some deep distress about the right distance, about the healthiness of their natural emotion, about the healthiness of the emotion of the people next to them, and when you are on stage, shout like a dragon spitting wildly over their "awareness-driven" heads ... then hide like a shy lord in the fog and yell weeping songs about the poor hearts' filthy lessons while let/make your emotion-forbidden, exit-needy following interprete them as merely "political" ... move freely anywhere you go and have those around always take care where they put their step (even in their, not your, hometown) and control where their fellows go to make sure for you there're no acute mental stuff around ... thus dispose of an army of pseudo-psycho self-announced "protectors" (which at the same time you completely deny and reject) pursuing some - really - crazy self-imposed order to (in the worst case) destroy the complete life of whoever they might imagine to challenge you, if they think it necessary (and just like so) ... and all in the name of a "love", they won't allow "the enemy" to even feel, not mention - hell, that were really, really bad - get ... :urff: :urff: :urff: ... Mass paranoia and manipulation at it's best. With Eldritch the great populist. Some might even call it Goth ... :evil: ... :lol: :lol: :lol:...

Really, I can't tell how glad I am that this utterly s**t has stopped widely throughout 2010/2011 !!!
Now, The Sisters really rock ... ;D ;D ;D ... instead of giving in to the mechanical squeezing on such nonsense.

The worst - and, IMHO, flattest idiocy - that could be is dwell on such "strategies" now again. Insofar, I agree.
He could have been more careful ... Though on the other hand, what do I know.
Von should know best, for he's the one to deal with the results.
stufarq
Popweazle Piddlepoop

Someone's certainly lost the plot...
Any more of that and we'll be round your front door with the quick-setting whitewash and the shaved monkey.
Being645
Above the Chemist

... ;D ;D ;D ... just a lovely, very down to earth interview ... ;D ;D ;D ...

Thanks for posting the link again! ... :notworthy: ...
Dan
Overbomber

Good interview, and yes I also thought he was a bit too open with one or two things.
Weird deja vu moment too, with a little bit repeated twice.
timsinister
The Oncoming Storm

I do believe the Paramount Leader was chemically predisposed to be friendly on the phone this night.

I have never known him volunteer information about the family before.

Bizarre.

:|
timsinister
The Oncoming Storm

Purple Light wrote: Good job I'm not a stalker and don't really give a sh*t being my point. He should be more careful. :wink:
You lying bugger.

8)
Salome
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

Anybody with a Mac managed to play it? If so, could you please tell me what should I do? I have a Snow Leopard, tried opening it with Media Player (the file's default) and with Quicktime, but it didn't work.. Thanks!
Being645
Above the Chemist

Salome wrote:
Anybody with a Mac managed to play it? If so, could you please tell me what should I do? I have a Snow Leopard, tried opening it with Media Player (the file's default) and with Quicktime, but it didn't work.. Thanks!
vlc player should do.

Anyway, it's a new week, they've removed it to the archives ... :wink: ...

New link: http://www.radionz.co.nz/audio/national ... ew_eldrich
Prescott
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

Absolutely brilliant interview! Very surprised, and pleasantly so!

"Some free things here, and there, in dribs and drabs."

He was extremely candid, I wonder why the change in tone and all, but so glad that it wasn't another evasive interview. ;)
"... because we're that kind of people."
copper
Amphetamine Filth

After that strange and evasive QuietUs interview, :von: seems totally likable in regards to Antipodean journalists as opposed to British ones. Which is nothing new, obviously.

It's nice to hear the old fart laugh out loud.
Salome
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

Being645 wrote: vlc player should do.

Thank you! :notworthy: I downloaded the player and it works! :kiss:
Being645
Above the Chemist

Salome wrote:
Being645 wrote: vlc player should do.

Thank you! :notworthy: I downloaded the player and it works! :kiss:
You're always welcome ... ;D :kiss: ...
Robson
Amphetamine Filth

He' s never lost his plot. He can still tour with his boy band and collect money for the new E220CDI.
- since 1992 -
BeeBeeOh
Amphetamine Filth

I really really enjoyed it, very lovely. Thanks for posting! :notworthy:

Edit: What happened to him in 2004? He mentions something that put him off for a year.
Being645 wrote:Anyway, it's a new week, they've removed it to the archives ... :wink: ...

I have just as much of a dark side as the next person.
Brad

Yes, I am surprised we aren't talking more about the incident in 1994? Was he in a motorcycle accident? Another health issue? etc.

Also, the Sisters also didn't tour in 1994 or 1995 :)
paint it black
Black, black, black & even blacker

BeeBeeOh wrote: Edit: What happened to him in 2004? He mentions something that put him off for a year.
he lost the plot
Goths have feelings too
BeeBeeOh
Amphetamine Filth

Brad wrote:Yes, I am surprised we aren't talking more about the incident in 1994? Was he in a motorcycle accident? Another health issue? etc.

Also, the Sisters also didn't tour in 1994 or 1995 :)
Was it 1994? I must have misheard then. Didn't the interviewer say 0-4?
I have just as much of a dark side as the next person.
Brad

1994, 1995 and 2004 saw no touring.

His incident was apparently in 2004, though. My mistake!
Robson
Amphetamine Filth

Edit: What happened to him in 2004? He mentions something that put him off for a year.

-> He discovered that his hair was gone
- since 1992 -
lazarus corporation
Lord Protector

Wasn't there an incident around that time that involve a fight and the attentions of the police from one country?

Can't remember the details, just a short paragraph to that effect on the news page of the official website?
Prescott

lazarus corporation wrote:Wasn't there an incident around that time that involve a fight and the attentions of the police from one country?

Can't remember the details, just a short paragraph to that effect on the news page of the official website?
What you're thinking of, was on the "other news" page, one of the few bits, along with the bit about Ofra Haza passing, Chris Sheehan's "bleak psycho-country record in defiance of Sisters policy" (sarcasm) and of course what you mentioned, a bit about, what I assumed to be false charges against him, that were dropped, and the tone was very sarcastic, as well. I don't think that's what he was alluding to in 2004, as it was in context to a question about his health specifically. Either way, he didn't want to talk about it, at all. Maybe it was a convergence of many different things going wrong at the same time? Wasn't 2004 the year Adam decided to leave the band? Some years, when it rains it pours, as the saying goes, glad to see he recovered and seems genuinely happy. Hearing him laugh, was good! :D
"... because we're that kind of people."
Norman Hunter
Slight Overbomber

"Elland Road is a horrible place"

Love it.
Four strings good, six strings bad