Chris

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
bearskin
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

Is it just me, or do any other heartlanders have SERIOUS respect for what Mr Catalyst is up to these days?

The Eurekas were a bit of a slow burner for me. But I really believe that they are one of the very best bands around at the moment. The bloke has personality to burn and is clearly one to put heart and soul into whatever he's doing. Even my 6-yr old thinks they are the business. Love their videos, the live performances and their freshness. They deserve to be massive.

And, by association I've been impressed with some of his other work - the Ginger stuff, how he's been involved with some of the planning for TSOM tours etc.

Good on ya mate.
Robson
Amphetamine Filth

You have been drinking ?
- since 1992 -
bearskin
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

Robson wrote:You have been drinking ?
This week I have been mostly drinking ants. Doesn't stop me having much respect for Mr May. The girls are all better for his enthusiasm in my book.
Batty Von Blingtrash
Amphetamine Filth

An absolute devotee of the EM stuff - high energy, as catchy as get-out and great live: Champion the Underdog is one of my favourite albums.
Chris seems like a top guy as well. Major respect!
Somebody tell me about the rhythm of the 4th floor.
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

He's a good lad. I've know him since well before he was in the Sisters. He used to work behind the bar in the Well when he wasn't playing in one of his seventy-bazillion bands. I often wondered if it was his idea to play the 2005 Near Meth Experience gig (Chris's first) at the Well.
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
splintered thing
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

I think he is marvellous, and told him so :lol:
as the day is long,
rain from heaven
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

Most people think he's marvellous. And tell him so.

It's actually quite amusing to watch. I don't think he was used to the level of, shall we say "feedback"? that Sisters fans give him. He always looks so embarrassed by it all :lol: ;D

Lovely fella.
What’s the difference between a buffalo and a bison?
timsinister
The Oncoming Storm

Agreed, there's a certain wide-eyed 'in the headlights' look. :lol:

But the Eureka Machines kick arse seriously on their own, and the Scaramanga Six also throw down well.

:notworthy:
mh
Above the Chemist

Best thing to ever happen to the Sisters (at least since they decided to put the short guy up front). Respect da Catalyst man. :notworthy:
If I told them once, I told them a hundred times to put 'Spinal Tap' first and 'Puppet Show' last.
Being645
Above the Chemist

mh wrote:Best thing to ever happen to the Sisters ....:notworthy:
Seconded.