Belgrade Calling 27.-29.06.2012

Gig news, reviews, set lists, thoughts, comments and observations on The Sisters live in 2012.
Husek
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

Emily wrote:
euphoria wrote:
lex3000 wrote:New t-shirt, grey on black. "Sisters" and new logo on front, "Србија Deutschland 2012" on back. Photos when I work out how to upload. Awesome!
Sounds cool, but I guess we can write off Belgium now, then.
Yes, indeed :?. The festivals have almost finished their line ups.

I'm quite excited for the setlist, as I assume to get a pretty simlar one in Cologne.
I'll will bet something different from Cologne, probably with Floorshow and Rain from Heaven :lol:
Project Personal Dok
Hardware: 100% (Single Hackintosh)
AU: 90%
Software: 90%
The Final Floorshow - My Own Sisters T-Shirt Shop
lachert
Overbomber

Husek wrote:
Emily wrote:
euphoria wrote: Sounds cool, but I guess we can write off Belgium now, then.
Yes, indeed :?. The festivals have almost finished their line ups.

I'm quite excited for the setlist, as I assume to get a pretty simlar one in Cologne.
I'll will bet something different from Cologne, probably with Floorshow and Rain from Heaven :lol:
who knows, maybe they will even play top night out this time :wink:
long live rock'n'roll
Emily
Road Kill

Husek wrote: I'll will bet something different from Cologne, probably with Floorshow and Rain from Heaven :lol:
Or even better, a FALAA-Special :lol:

Honestly, when :von: still refuses to play Rain from Heaven at gigs I attend after 2010 I will definately be very miffed.

I would have liked to go to Serbia, but couldn't make it due to work. >So he actually will play Rain from Heaven aaaaand some other nice things we we're waiting for for ages :D

edit: I'm talking about details, not the regular stuff ;-).
Nikolas Vitus Lagartija
Overbomber

As (according to Chris on Formspring) the Girls have spent a few days rehearsing and as these gigs are technically no longer part of the XXX celebrations, I'll be disappointed if the setlist is over-familiar. But then I'm quite used to being disappointed...
Bartek
Underneath the Rock

if you expect disappointment that's not disappointment at all. and welcome to polish way of thinking- prepare for worst, lower your expectations to avoid faliure and disappointment to be disappointed after all.
Nikolas Vitus Lagartija
Overbomber

Bartek wrote:if you expect disappointment that's not disappointment at all. and welcome to polish way of thinking- prepare for worst, lower your expectations to avoid faliure and disappointment to be disappointed after all.
Quite the contrary, I'm not expecting the inevitable disappointment, I'll be surprised by it (even though I am used to it). Welcome to the Scottish football fan's way of thinking !
Being645
Above the Chemist

Have fun and enjoy, everybody who made it there ... ;D ;D ;D ...

Hell, I wonder how I'm supposed to sleep tonight ... :lol: ...

Hhm, pretty deeply and peacefully, I guess ... ;D ...

Btw, anybody know what "Србија" stands for? :eek:
Brad

Serbia
lachert
Overbomber

Being645 wrote: Btw, anybody know what "Србија" stands for? :eek:
still not familiar with cyrillic? when russians conquer the world it can be useful ;D
long live rock'n'roll
lex3000
Amphetamine Filth

That's not Simon doing the Doktor duties. Some young guy is spinning the discs tonight.

The sound is brutally mute too. Crowd seem enthusiastic.
Groningen - Lokerese Feesten
Husek

lex3000 wrote:That's not Simon doing the Doktor duties. Some young guy is spinning the discs tonight.

How dare they play a Gig in 21th century without Simon?
Damn...
Project Personal Dok
Hardware: 100% (Single Hackintosh)
AU: 90%
Software: 90%
The Final Floorshow - My Own Sisters T-Shirt Shop
Mav787
One life, all I need

Husek wrote:
lex3000 wrote:That's not Simon doing the Doktor duties. Some young guy is spinning the discs tonight.

How dare they play a Gig in 21th century without Simon?
Damn...
That will be because the March Violets are playing York DV8 Festival on Sunday. Maybe the flight times didn't work out for him to do both?
Back in time

Sorry, can not remember the setlist properly due to the fact that gig started at 2:30 and finished around 4:00 am.
Anyway, Bartek is right, no surprises. Nice FALAA, but This Corrosion from my perspective (first row) was really muted and not even near any of the previous ones. That is too bad since usually TC is the highlight of the night and gets played with lot of energy (especially the "SING" part). Not one of my most favourite songs, but takes me high everytime.
No Marian, No Susanne, but they did play Alice.
Started with Crash & Burn, Ribbons, Train/Detonation Boulevard, NTTC (especially good)...
I am sure you can fill in the blanks.
Ended with Lucretia, Something Fast, More, Temple of Love.
Ben and Chris were great as usual.
Anyway, in the end I had great time, happy to be there yesterday, mumblings above are just a try to be realistic - one thing that I fail to do when Sisters are concerned.
Eva and Eggi - have fun today, it was nice meeting you again.
Lex - nice to meet you.
Lord, what can the harvest hope for, if not for the care of the reaper man.
paint it black
Black, black, black & even blacker

least Mr Lydon seems to have nailed it. But then he gives a s**t about his audience

http://youtu.be/8CT2Mc2N-78
Goths have feelings too
Steven Eloot
Road Kill

Back in time wrote:Sorry, can not remember the setlist properly due to the fact that gig started at 2:30 and finished around 4:00 am.
Anyway, Bartek is right, no surprises. Nice FALAA, but This Corrosion from my perspective (first row) was really muted and not even near any of the previous ones. That is too bad since usually TC is the highlight of the night and gets played with lot of energy (especially the "SING" part). Not one of my most favourite songs, but takes me high everytime.
No Marian, No Susanne, but they did play Alice.
Started with Crash & Burn, Ribbons, Train/Detonation Boulevard, NTTC (especially good)...
I am sure you can fill in the blanks.
Ended with Lucretia, Something Fast, More, Temple of Love.
Ben and Chris were great as usual.
Anyway, in the end I had great time, happy to be there yesterday, mumblings above are just a try to be realistic - one thing that I fail to do when Sisters are concerned.
Eva and Eggi - have fun today, it was nice meeting you again.
Lex - nice to meet you.
This morning at 11 I came back home from Serbia. New T-shirt is splendid !! I'm sure they will still sell it in Köln, don't worry
Sisters played from 2u50 until 4u05. In one set and no encores.
Here is the correct setlist :
1. Crash 'n Burn
2. Ribbons
3. Train/Detonation Boulevard
4. First and Last and Always
5. Amphetamine Logic
6. Gift that Shines
7. No Time to Cry
8. Arms
9. Dominion/Mother Russia (with message for the Serbian fans)
10. Summer
11. Alice
12. This Corrosion
13. More
14. Flood II
15. Something Fast
16. Lucretia
17. Top Nite Out
18. Vision Thing
19. Temple of Love

Kind regards to everybody I met in Belgrade and you too.
Steven - Belgium
vicus

Thanks!
"Am Anfang wurde das Universum erschaffen.
Das machte viele Leute sehr wütend und wurde allenthalben als Schritt in die falsche Richtung angesehen."

http://www.poison-door.net/
Nikolas Vitus Lagartija
Overbomber

Thanks for the reviews.
First video here :
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s8WhYa5yWNo
Another interesting review here :
http://www.e-novine.com/entertainment/e ... stake.html
Being645
Above the Chemist

lachert wrote:
Being645 wrote: Btw, anybody know what "Србија" stands for? :eek:
still not familiar with cyrillic? when russians conquer the world it can be useful ;D
:lol:
I do hope, you're gonna help me out, if it should come to this ... until I've taught it myself ... 8) ...

Btw, thanks for setlists, reviews and vid links everybody ... :notworthy: ...

Wow, full gig on that page, but no chance for me to watch it at the moment ... so, something to look forward to tomorrow ... :D ...
Bartek
Underneath the Rock

This is another video where i see static music made by this band live, but that can be thrown on recordings, that sometimes kills real sound.

Edith: yes, it's 2006 sisterstekland video.
Last edited by Bartek on 01 Jul 2012, 01:00, edited 1 time in total.
Venus
Amphetamine Filth

Thanks everybody! :)
centurionofprix

That full gig seems to be the one from 2006 (same with the pictures?)
If vampires played music, it would sound like this
Venus
Amphetamine Filth

lex3000
Amphetamine Filth

I've just got back from Belgrade. It was a great trip and sufficiently extravagant just to see one band who I've seen many, many times before!

The sound was very quiet at the front, but it might have been louder at the sides. A lot of people seemed to leave after Faith No More, but those who stayed really got into it. The crowd seemed younger than at other gigs and there wasn't much movement down the front which isn't surprising seeing how late it was. As I mentioned earlier there was a new guy playing on the laptops covering for Simon.

There were no surprises in the setlist, it was a good solid show. I was probably a bit drunky by the time they came on so can't add a great deal more to everyone else's reviews. Coming on at around 2am I think meant we didn't get home until after watching the sun rise over the Sava and Danube which was pretty.

I remember an abrasive woman afterwards who came over to talk to us and managed to insult all of us - classic line to Frank, "F*** you Belgian!". I think she was just very drunk and inadvisably talkative rather than hostile, everyone else was very friendly and welcoming otherwise.

It was nice to neet everyone there, Steven, and Micky and Dan (I think, sorry if I got the names wrong), and Back in time. Many thanks Natascha for sorting the flights, Frank and An for both sorting the apartment and noticing the new t-shirt, which was the most important thing about the trip! Andreas, Eggi and Eva, nice to see you again. There were some others in Sisters t-shirts on the plane back but I don't think I know them.

Here is the new t-shirt.

tshirt front by lex3000, on Flickr

tshirt back by lex3000, on Flickr

As for the other bands, The Horrors were pretty good although I don't know any of their songs. I thought PiL were fantastic and put on a really good show. The Darkness - who I've always loved - were really fun and went down well, just really fun and good to see ridiculous rock at a festival. Faith No More were great and played a good mix of songs and covers. Looking forward to seeing them at Hammersmith next weekend.

Next stop Amphi.
Groningen - Lokerese Feesten
sukhoi
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

Thanks for impressive review and pix of new T-shirt, happy to hear you were not starving with thirst!

Hope to meet you and others in Köln...
lex3000 wrote:I've just got back from Belgrade. It was a great trip and sufficiently extravagant just to see one band who I've seen many, many times before!

The sound was very quiet at the front, but it might have been louder at the sides. A lot of people seemed to leave after Faith No More, but those who stayed really got into it. The crowd seemed younger than at other gigs and there wasn't much movement down the front which isn't surprising seeing how late it was. As I mentioned earlier there was a new guy playing on the laptops covering for Simon.

There were no surprises in the setlist, it was a good solid show. I was probably a bit drunky by the time they came on so can't add a great deal more to everyone else's reviews. Coming on at around 2am I think meant we didn't get home until after watching the sun rise over the Sava and Danube which was pretty.

I remember an abrasive woman afterwards who came over to talk to us and managed to insult all of us - classic line to Frank, "F*** you Belgian!". I think she was just very drunk and inadvisably talkative rather than hostile, everyone else was very friendly and welcoming otherwise.

It was nice to neet everyone there, Steven, and Micky and Dan (I think, sorry if I got the names wrong), and Back in time. Many thanks Natascha for sorting the flights, Frank and An for both sorting the apartment and noticing the new t-shirt, which was the most important thing about the trip! Andreas, Eggi and Eva, nice to see you again. There were some others in Sisters t-shirts on the plane back but I don't think I know them.

Here is the new t-shirt.

tshirt front by lex3000, on Flickr

tshirt back by lex3000, on Flickr

As for the other bands, The Horrors were pretty good although I don't know any of their songs. I thought PiL were fantastic and put on a really good show. The Darkness - who I've always loved - were really fun and went down well, just really fun and good to see ridiculous rock at a festival. Faith No More were great and played a good mix of songs and covers. Looking forward to seeing them at Hammersmith next weekend.

Next stop Amphi.
Right On Venom And Revenge
Dissenter
Road Kill

Belgrade rocks. Great outdoor drinking at the bars, and nice friendly people.
Pil were good, FNM were amazing. The Cult were s**t. Ozzy was a good performer, but too much of his brutal solo crap and not enough Black Sabbath crap.
There was a variety of sound problems over the couple of days I was there, including for the Sisters, where the guitars were very low at the start. The sound was better a bit further away from the stage though. Von sounded fantastic, and they all seemed to be enjoying it.
Nice to meet An, Frank, Lex (can't remember other names as I didn't actually speak to you other than a quick hello). All that sunshine has ruined my (not a)Goth tan :(