Sisters in Belgium ?

Gig news, reviews, set lists, thoughts, comments and observations on The Sisters live in 2012.
Steven Eloot
Road Kill

As the summer is coming nearer and contrary to what we all would have hoped, seems that for the first time in many many years there'll be no Sisters (summer) gig(s) in Belgium this year. This is a (final) call to all Belgian promoters to book our favourite band still this summer :) Many tickets extra sold and splendid athmosphere is guaranteed for you ...
Day by day I become more happy I've booked for both Köln and Belgrade two months ago. Something in me was telling me they could/would skip a year in Belgium or other foreign "European neighboorhood". Still some time to prove I was bad guessing and still hoping I was wrong. Anybody else having other news ?
While we're all waiting for the next one to arrive ...
Kind regards to everybody reading Heartland and supporting The Sisters of Mercy until death and afterwards
Steven - Belgium
Emily
Road Kill

My hopes start to vanish, as well. But some gigs in Belgium were actually announced very late, as well. I regularly check the festival homepages of some favourites, but most of them are finished with their line ups. But there is still a slight chance e.g. for Lokeren (there are still some vacant slots available). We will see. The surprise will be even bigger when we don't have any hope ;-).
euphoria
Slight Overbomber

Anu wrote:

I have no news about Belgium, but they have not been to the US since 2008. The last time I saw them was in 2006 because I was unable to go in 2008. I know AE has mainly focused his work in Europe. Everyone know he has no love for the US, and he has even said so himself, which could have some bearing on where he now tours.

I personally witnessed several men in the Anaheim audience yelling out insults to the band in 2006, which I am hoping did not escalate in 2008... I am thinking the audience's dissatisfaction may have gotten back to AE.

My feeling is he should at least come to California, because CA is more like Europe out of all the states in this union. It is here that changes are made - if at all. The only exception is CA is Anaheim... What worries me is that he was in Brazil recently and had a chance to come here, but did not. This is not good.

If this keeps up, now a concert might cost me an airline ticket plus hotel costs etc. Not that I would not pay for it, because I would. At that rate, perhaps paying 4K for a private performance might be the better option?

:|
You're worrying too much :wink:

If they don't play the US more than they do, it's because they don't get enough good offers, not because what Andrew thinks about the US...and I think you overestimate his aversion greatly.

But more importantly, see below what Chris wrote in april, and keep in mind that they now recently have XXX-toured all realistic continents except North America. Unless he means South Africa, they probably are trying to get to your country :-)

chrisalyst 24 Apr
What's next music wise for you? Ginger, solo, Eureka, Sisters, etc, etc, etc....

smile

I'm writing a heap of Eureka Machines stuff at the moment, with the idea to go in the studio in July-ish. Got Ginger stuff in June, including Download and Japan, which will be amazing. And the Sisters machine rolls back into life in July for a few one-offs, and some potentially interesting dates I can't tell anyone about just yet.
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

I think AE dislikes the American political system, in particular the way that moneyed interests have hijacked the whole thing. However he's far too intelligent to blame every (or even any) individual American for the failings of their (your) political leaders.
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
Being645
Above the Chemist

Anu wrote: I personally witnessed several men in the Anaheim audience yelling out insults to the band in 2006, which I am hoping did not escalate in 2008... I am thinking the audience's dissatisfaction may have gotten back to AE.
:lol: ... if this is your sorrow, stop worrying. For if you look around here, you will find bulk loads of insults to the band. If that would leave an impression ever so hard on AE, they wouldn't play anywhere ... :lol: ...
markfiend wrote:I think AE dislikes the American political system, in particular the way that moneyed interests have hijacked the whole thing. However he's far too intelligent to blame every (or even any) individual American for the failings of their (your) political leaders.
Absolutely seconded ... :notworthy: ...
pikkie
Road Kill

i think also there will not be a summer belgian gig this year but i keep my hope for Sinners day.
For the folks here not from belgium...it's an indoor event around 31 october with punk and new wave band from the 80's.Great atmosphire,bands like Front 242,the m*****n,gary numan,The exploited,Human league,anne clark...have played on the festival,but i would be wonderful to see the greatest band on earth on this festival.
Please send a massage to the organistion,i already did,the more people do that,the more we can hope for a great gig
meat is murder
Road Kill

pikkie wrote:i think also there will not be a summer belgian gig this year but i keep my hope for Sinners day.
i'd rather have no belgian gig, then... :roll:
also, i seriously doubt mr. E would agree to playing that, not wanting to be a 'cult act' and such...
Izzy HaveMercy
The Worlds Greatest Living Belgian

pikkie wrote:i think also there will not be a summer belgian gig this year but i keep my hope for Sinners day.
For the folks here not from belgium...it's an indoor event around 31 october with punk and new wave band from the 80's.Great atmosphire,bands like Front 242,the m*****n,gary numan,The exploited,Human league,anne clark...have played on the festival,but i would be wonderful to see the greatest band on earth on this festival.
Please send a massage to the organistion,i already did,the more people do that,the more we can hope for a great gig
Sinners' Days is as good as broke, so don't get your hopes up high

IZ. :|
For Greater Good - Ambient Music for the Masses...
Ozpat
From the Lowlands

Izzy HaveMercy wrote:

The Sisters are not that expensive Izz. :wink: :P
"as we walk on the floodland"
pikkie
Road Kill

Izzy HaveMercy wrote:

think you're right...i've heard that it is not sure that sinners day is gonna be in the ethias arena,because they rebuild the hall,but the true reason is that there was not so many people for such a big hall...

but i have another hope...i think,the year they came to pukklpop,they were also at rock ternat...mostly a festival who took the girls in the program want them back once,specially for the great crowd and atmosphere :wink:
Bartek
Underneath the Rock

meat is murder wrote:
i'd rather have no belgian gig, then... :roll:
also, i seriously doubt mr. E would agree to playing that, not wanting to be a 'cult act' and such...
M'Era Luna, twice. A.E. doesn't want TSOM to be 'cult act', not at all. (But on the other hand, what has to be noted, he refused to play at Whitby.)
radiojamaica
Overbomber

Izzy HaveMercy wrote:

Could be true, but that's what they said last year also and the year before. They do have a reputation. A not so good one...
All that stuff aside, I've had very good times at that festival and seen some ace gigs there (Psychedelic Furs, Front 242, The Mish, Patti Smith).
Anyway, if it's happening again I bet it won't be in the same place no more. And without The Sisters... But never say never.
in dub we trust
Steven Eloot
Road Kill

radiojamaica wrote:
Izzy HaveMercy wrote:

Could be true, but that's what they said last year also and the year before. They do have a reputation. A not so good one...
All that stuff aside, I've had very good times at that festival and seen some ace gigs there (Psychedelic Furs, Front 242, The Mish, Patti Smith).
Anyway, if it's happening again I bet it won't be in the same place no more. And without The Sisters... But never say never.
Regarding the back side of the new Sisters T-shirt we bought last night in Belgrade, it is indeed pretty sure that Belgium will be left aside in 2012.
Don't worry. Retirement is still some years away ...