Re-run of currently watching

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
Pista
Cureboi

This
http://www.youtube.com/bestivaltv

Un-ber-fecking-lievable!!
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
DeWinter
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

I read that as Bestiality..
"Vengeance. Justice. Fire and blood.."
lazarus corporation
Lord Protector

DeWinter wrote:I read that as Bestiality..
Says more about you etc.
DeWinter

Har-de-har-har! Now if you'll excuse me, I have to take my girlfriend for a walk.
Pista
Cureboi

DeWinter wrote:Har-de-har-har! Now if you'll excuse me, I have to take my girlfriend for a walk.
:lol: :lol:
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
Pista
Cureboi

The footy.

Why do I do this to myself?

:?
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
czuczu
Overbomber

The new Dredd film. Very obviously low budget but it does the job. Hope it makes enough to greenlight another.
Pista
Cureboi

Thought I'd give Hot Fuzz another whirl

:D
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

Myself in the studio audience of last night's Pointless. You can grab it off the iPlayer and there's a clear-ish shot of half of me and all of Kerry around 12 minutes in.

Screenshot:

I'm on the right of the shot. Like I say, half of me...
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
stufarq
Popweazle Piddlepoop

Half of you? Is that you wearing the red Hawaiian shirt? If so, why?
Any more of that and we'll be round your front door with the quick-setting whitewash and the shaved monkey.
blackandgold65
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

markfiend wrote:Myself in the studio audience of last night's Pointless.
yesss good one, I love Pointless. :D

Right here, right now - Channel 5's World's Scariest....Flights

http://www.channel5.com/shows/worlds-sc ... estflights

Tin cans....

Every now & again, I like to remind myself why it is very important to make sure to sit by an emergency exit, in an aisle seat.
"I think insipid music is very dangerous. It's a narcotic for the nation as you very well know."
Pista
Cureboi

I watched the pilot of Revolution yesterday.
Looks promising.
:)
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
DocSommer
Slight Overbomber

Pista wrote:I watched the pilot of Revolution yesterday.
Looks promising.
I watched the pre-air - didn't really liked it but I think I'll give it a few more episodes.
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

stufarq wrote:Half of you? Is that you wearing the red Hawaiian shirt? If so, why?
Yes it is indeed. And why not?
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

Oh and I saw Dredd yesterday.

Not bad but not brilliant. It felt a bit too much like watching someone else playing a shoot-em-up at times. Nice touch with the C H :) P P E R graffiti and a couple of other 2000AD in-jokes though.

My biggest gripe was probably using real swearwords rather than DROKK, STOMM, GRUD, etc. :lol:
Last edited by markfiend on 24 Sep 2012, 10:11, edited 4 times in total.
—Bertrand Russell
iesus
Overbomber

'Are we the Baddies?'...
"Someday! Someday, everything you need, is just gonna fall out of the sky..." -A.E. Reading 1991
"Don't forget that most of the judges in witches trials had harvard degrees."
Pista
Cureboi

DocSommer wrote:
Pista wrote:I watched the pilot of Revolution yesterday.
Looks promising.
I watched the pre-air - didn't really liked it but I think I'll give it a few more episodes.
I think it's got potential & new (good) sci fi is as rare as rocking horse sh!t lately (on TV anyway).
Hoping this delivers. :)
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
DocSommer
Slight Overbomber

yeah that's true - it's a tough time for sci-fi shows

At least Revolution got "Mr. Gustavo" from the last seasons Breaking Bad cast :lol:
radiojamaica
Overbomber

It had been quite a while since I last saw a complete film (thanx for that kids!) but yesterday I saw 2 :eek:

A decent one with nice views of Brussels & good music by Daan:

a brilliant one from my fave director Wes Andersen:

Rejoice! :D :D :D
in dub we trust
6FeetOver
Childlike Empress

Currently watching the lush scenery and spectacular landscapes unfold as I kick Alliance and monster ass alike...

Yes, I am now officially a gaming d0rk.

:von:
I left my heart in Ballycastle... :cry: :cry: :cry:
Big Si
School Bully

"The Devil's Crown...a History of Henry II and his sons"

(Never been seen since it was first Transmitted on the BBC back in 1978, all 13 episodes of it...)
Wyrd bið ful aræd...

mybelgiannemesis
DeWinter

Red Dwarf X
Nearly every status update in the whole of England seems to be either "It's a moose", or "heigh-ho pip and dandy!".
Took a few minutes to get going, but had a few solid guffaws. Particularly Kryten dealing with the complaints line.
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

I watched that Exposure - The Other Side of Jimmy Savile last night (time-shifted from the night before).

It's terrifying how he managed to get away with sexually abusing children for so long.

Incidentally, as I mentioned on twitter, there are some particularly nasty rumours about "Sir Jim" and the times that he used to volunteer in various hospital morgues.
—Bertrand Russell
DeWinter

markfiend wrote:I watched that Exposure - The Other Side of Jimmy Savile last night (time-shifted from the night before).

It's terrifying how he managed to get away with sexually abusing children for so long.

Incidentally, as I mentioned on twitter, there are some particularly nasty rumours about "Sir Jim" and the times that he used to volunteer in various hospital morgues.
I'm finding it hard to believe. Not out of my usual spirit of pure contrariness either. How on earth if it was as common knowledge as seems to be (there's a character in an Irivine Welch book that's supposed to be clearly him), why was he never outed? You'd think he was the face of the BBC or a mafia don the way people are speaking about him and how they "feared" speaking against him. Why did the likes of Esther Rantzen who set up Childline keep her mouth shut when it seems she was welll aware of what was being said?

Then again, we saw how Roman Polanski was excused what he did just because he made some good films, and Jimmy Page and Pete Townshend hailed as rock royalty when they ought to be spat on in the street.
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

I think he pretty much blackmailed everyone. "You know all the charity work I do for Stoke Mandeville etc.? I get busted, that stops." He may not have stated it quite so baldly, but I think that was the idea.

Also, he was a pro wrestler and a former Bevin Boy coal-miner; a lot of the girls he abused literally feared for their lives had they come forward.

Frankly the number of completely independent people that have come forward since he died make it pretty incontrovertible IMO. Fuck, there's even bits in his autobiography where he pretty much openly states he was shagging a 14-year-old girl.
—Bertrand Russell