Simon Pegg, and the Sisters.

THE place for your Sisters-related comments, questions and snippets of Sisters information. For those who do not know, The Sisters of Mercy are a rock'n'roll band. And a pop band. And an industrial groove machine. Or so they say. They make records. Lots of records, apparently. But not in your galaxy. They play concerts. Lots of concerts, actually. But you still cannot see them. So what's it all about, Alfie? This is one of the few tightly-moderated forums on Heartland, so please keep on-topic. All off-topic posts will either be moved or deleted. Chairman Bux is the editor and the editor's decision is final. Danke.
Husek
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

From the new Movie 'The World End'
http://i.imgur.com/n0v3T.jpeg
(Note the Vision Thing Pendant)

(This one it's pretty Von innit?)
http://i.imgur.com/K4af7.jpg

Also, the younger gang
http://i.imgur.com/mofcI.jpg
(Now the T-Shirt it's pretty visible)
Project Personal Dok
Hardware: 100% (Single Hackintosh)
AU: 90%
Software: 90%
The Final Floorshow - My Own Sisters T-Shirt Shop
Bine
Amphetamine Filth

Wow, that's cool!
I really like this guy and his crazy movies... wish he had a Sisters Shirt in "Shaun of the dead", on of my favorite comedy movies :lol:
DocSommer
Slight Overbomber

nice find, thx
bangles
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

Wow! I hope the soundtrack guy is as good as the one on the clothes - although it would seem Simon might have had some influence...

http://gigulate.com/story/Simon-Pegg--- ... hic-Years/

Oh no! He mentioned the G word - that's the soundtrack appearence scuppered!
Asperum Aestimate Fimi Aliquid Hodie
timsinister
The Oncoming Storm

bangles wrote:Wow! I hope the soundtrack guy is as good as the one on the clothes - although it would seem Simon might have had some influence...

I notice that website uses a picture of The Smurphs, with our own Padstar! That's promotion :wink:
6FeetOver
Childlike Empress

Holy hell, nice! :eek: ;D
I left my heart in Ballycastle... :cry: :cry: :cry:
6FeetOver
Childlike Empress

timsinister wrote:I notice that website uses a picture of The Smurphs, with our own Padstar! That's promotion :wink:
OMFG. :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:

Where IS our Pads, anyway?!
timsinister
The Oncoming Storm

He's got a Prince tribute act that gigs fairly often around our parts, and every so often the Smurphs post something cryptic and/or offensive :wink:
Nikolas Vitus Lagartija
Overbomber

bangles wrote:Wow! I hope the soundtrack guy is as good as the one on the clothes - although it would seem Simon might have had some influence...

In Pegg's autobiography (now available at a Poundland near you) he explains that he fell in love with a goth girl when at college and ended up going to see the Neffs etc with her. Obviously pining for her in middle age.
RockNRoll Mercenary
Amphetamine Filth

I like how its 'I started listening to The Smiths/The Cure' then 'Sisters, Neph, Bauhaus' as if the The Smiths/Cure are some sort of gateway band to the darker materials haha
'Every saint has a past and every sinner has a future'- Oscar Wilde
I'll see you tomorrow.
6FeetOver
Childlike Empress

RockNRoll Mercenary wrote:I like how its 'I started listening to The Smiths/The Cure' then 'Sisters, Neph, Bauhaus' as if the The Smiths/Cure are some sort of gateway band to the darker materials haha
:lol:
But aren't they? :wink:
RockNRoll Mercenary
Amphetamine Filth

SINsister wrote:
RockNRoll Mercenary wrote:I like how its 'I started listening to The Smiths/The Cure' then 'Sisters, Neph, Bauhaus' as if the The Smiths/Cure are some sort of gateway band to the darker materials haha
:lol:
But aren't they? :wink:
I just remember hearing This Charming Man and now I'm here...
I'll see you tomorrow.
markreed
Amphetamine Filth

Very. At the start of 1987 I was listening to soundtrack LP's at 13. By the end of the year I was nutsdeep in "Floodland."
Suleiman
Amphetamine Filth

There are a couple of possible Sisters references in Spaced (written by and starring Jessica Stevenson and Simon Pegg).

Tim (Pegg's character) invents a comic character called Doktor Mandrake “...it's Doktor with a 'K'.�

There is also a black clad evil scientist in a hat in one episode called James Eldritch/Eldridge.

“The End Of The World� sounds like fun.
Perki
Amphetamine Filth

Suleiman wrote:There are a couple of possible Sisters references in Spaced (written by and starring Jessica Stevenson and Simon Pegg).

Tim (Pegg's character) invents a comic character called Doktor Mandrake “...it's Doktor with a 'K'.�

There is also a black clad evil scientist in a hat in one episode called James Eldritch/Eldridge.
...who never takes his sunglasses off! But then he also plans to cut up a litter of kittens which is where the comparison ends.

Both of these bits you've mentioned always brought The Sisters to mind when I was watching Spaced, but I didn't really think it was intentional until I saw Pegg in that t-shirt.

I was very fond of Spaced etc. when I was a teenager (and I still am, actually) so it's very nice to see these two things I've loved for years crashing together.
Swinnow
Overbomber

RockNRoll Mercenary wrote:I just remember hearing This Charming Man and now I'm here...
From The Smiths to Queen, a backwards trajectory, no wonder you landed here 8)
....if I have to explain, then you'll never understand....
RockNRoll Mercenary
Amphetamine Filth

Swinnow wrote:
RockNRoll Mercenary wrote:I just remember hearing This Charming Man and now I'm here...
From The Smiths to Queen, a backwards trajectory, no wonder you landed here 8)

Haha touche ;)
I'll see you tomorrow.