Spam - An Apology

Updates on forum status, bug fixes, etc. If there's something new in here its probably a good idea that you read it.
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

That (pr0n) spam topic has gone now. Sorry it was up so long.

Maybe the spammers have noticed that the mod squad tend to take weekends off :oops:

We'll try not to let it happen again. Sorry.
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
lazarus corporation
Lord Protector

markfiend wrote:That (pr0n) spam topic has gone now. Sorry it was up so long.

Maybe the spammers have noticed that the mod squad tend to take weekends off :oops:

We'll try not to let it happen again. Sorry.
We will be docking your wages at the end of the week! :lol:
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

Please let me second Markfiend's post.

The mod team usually patrol these forums at all times, and I like to think we do a good job of keeping on top of the spammers, but obviously one or two will slip through the net, and it can be a day or two before we deal with them.

I do hope this pr)n spam didn't cause anyone any offence/problems - hopefully no one got into trouble while browsing the forum at work!! At least being a weekend most people would be browsing from their home.

As everyone on here knows, the Mod team help me out with the running of HL out of the goodness of their hearts, and take no payment for doing so (not that any payment is offered ;)) - I'd like to take this opportunity to thank them all again for the sterling work the do. I couldn't do it all on my own 8)

Cheers guys :notworthy: :notworthy:

Right, normal service is resumed... ;)
What’s the difference between a buffalo and a bison?
Pista
Cureboi

What Barry said.
Top job guys!!

:notworthy: :notworthy:
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
DocSommer
Slight Overbomber

I think we all have enough humor to deal with these funny distractions every now and then :lol:
Silver_Owl
The Don

At this rate we'll have to start doing shifts. ;D
We forgive as we forget
As the day is long.
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

Hom_Corleone wrote:At this rate we'll have to start doing shifts. ;D
well if you lot would pull your fingers out and start checking this place on weekends we'd be ok ;) ;D :lol:
What’s the difference between a buffalo and a bison?
Pista
Cureboi

Quiff Boy wrote:
well if you lot would pull your fingers out and start checking this place on weekends we'd be ok ;) ;D :lol:
If you follow me on twitter (@pistabacsi) I can DM you ;)
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
weebleswobble
Underneath the Rock

I'm upset as none of the links were any good.
Allegedly

:innocent:
‎"We will wear some very loud shirts. We will wear some very wrong trousers."
Nikolas Vitus Lagartija
Overbomber

The weirdest thing was that the person who posted said Spam had taken the time and trouble to list (in their profile) that their hobby was "camping". :?
6FeetOver
Childlike Empress

Nikolas Vitus Lagartija wrote:The weirdest thing was that the person who posted said Spam had taken the time and trouble to list (in their profile) that their hobby was "camping". :?
:lol:
I left my heart in Ballycastle... :cry: :cry: :cry:
Silver_Owl
The Don

Quiff Boy wrote:
Sorry Boss. Won't happen again etc etc... ;D
We forgive as we forget
As the day is long.
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

Nikolas Vitus Lagartija wrote:The weirdest thing was that the person who posted said Spam had taken the time and trouble to list (in their profile) that their hobby was "camping". :?
:lol: I noticed that.
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
radiojamaica
Overbomber

Seems I missed something over the weekend ;D
in dub we trust
stufarq
Popweazle Piddlepoop

You mean I missed free pron?
Any more of that and we'll be round your front door with the quick-setting whitewash and the shaved monkey.
weebleswobble
Underneath the Rock

stufarq wrote:You mean I missed free pron?
is there any other kind?
‎"We will wear some very loud shirts. We will wear some very wrong trousers."
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

Pr0n is like software in that way.

And if you're not careful it'll pwn your computer :lol:
—Bertrand Russell
Bartek
Underneath the Rock

too bad that you put that thread to bin- i didn't checked those sites. :lol:
Pista
Cureboi

Just to let you know we re trying to keep a lid on spammers each day & stop them before they even post.
We're also scouring upcoming birthdays for any that may have been missed historically & giving them the hammer treatment too.
Most of the spam tends to be black hat SEO attempts, although that hasn't worked for the past 5 or 6 years, so it's a bit of a waste of time really.
Some sneak in during the wee small hours & fire off a wall o' text about some such bollix or other.
& a few will slip the net & send PMs offering you mahoosive sums of money.
If you get one of those PMs (as UniversalRinging did recently) please let a mod know via PM & we'll exterminate the perpetrator(s) :)
Ta much

s
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
Dan
Overbomber

Pista wrote:We're also scouring upcoming birthdays for any that may have been missed historically & giving them the hammer treatment too.
I don't understand that part. Do spammers only post on their birthday?
Pista
Cureboi

Dan wrote:
Pista wrote:We're also scouring upcoming birthdays for any that may have been missed historically & giving them the hammer treatment too.
Haha. More often than not, they don't even post. They just leave links in their profiles & hope someone is daft enough to click on them so they get paid for advertising.
But over the years, as they haven't posted, they basically haven't been a nuisance.
When they pop up in the upcoming birthdays list at the bottom of the page they are "attended to" if they haven't been already :)
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
Charlie
Slight Overbomber

Pista wrote:
Dan wrote:
Haha. More often than not, they don't even post. They just leave links in their profiles & hope someone is daft enough to click on them so they get paid for advertising.
But over the years, as they haven't posted, they basically haven't been a nuisance.
When they pop up in the upcoming birthdays list at the bottom of the page they are "attended to" if they haven't been already :)
Well done for your never-ending efforts in keeping the Heartland house tidy!
Pista - aka The Exterminator! :notworthy:
Being645
Above the Chemist

.... :lol: ... absolutely, Charlie .... fully seconded ... you really do a great job on that, Steve ... :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: ...

Fortunately, spammers in the SistersWiki have been almost extinguished ... though some know no shame ...
Currently, some of the user related function don't work properly anymore, though. Gotta contact Quiff (again) about it ...
Being645
Above the Chemist

Being645 wrote:.... :lol: ... absolutely, Charlie .... fully seconded ... you really do a great job on that, Steve ... :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: ...

Fortunately, spammers in the SistersWiki have been almost extinguished ... though some know no shame ...
Currently, some of the user related functions don't work properly anymore, though. Gotta contact Quiff (again) about it ...
Being645
Above the Chemist

Being645 wrote:
Being645 wrote:.... :lol: ... absolutely, Charlie .... fully seconded ... you really do a great job on that, Steve ... :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: ...

Currently, some of the user related functions don't work properly anymore, though. Gotta contact Quiff (again) about it ...
Oh hell, that was the wrong button ... :oops: :lol: ...