Aporetical Poetry

Have you established a good reputation at HL and got some Sisters stuff to sell or trade with the community? Or are you searching for that elusive ultra rare live bootleg from 1988? Ever had a bad experience with a trader on Ebay? Let us all know here. Outdated threads will be purged over time.

Warning: Newcomers posting here first will be treated like spammers. At least have the courtesy to say hello in General Chat first...
paul
Overbomber

Pista
Cureboi

Love the description
I just discovered two old Vinyl left by my ex-boyfriend . One is called Hard Reign, other Aporetical Poetry, both by the Sisters of Mercy. Latter one says limited and numbered 11 of 23 on cover, inner picture and label. What you see is what you get. Don t ask me what it is, if you want to know ask Peter.
:lol: :notworthy:
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
radiojamaica
Overbomber

Ooooh... :)
in dub we trust
Being645
Above the Chemist

Pista wrote:Love the description
I just discovered two old Vinyl left by my ex-boyfriend . One is called Hard Reign, other Aporetical Poetry, both by the Sisters of Mercy. Latter one says limited and numbered 11 of 23 on cover, inner picture and label. What you see is what you get. Don t ask me what it is, if you want to know ask Peter.
:lol: :notworthy:
At least better sell than destroy them ... heavens.
paul
Overbomber

Congrats Auflage!
Victim of Circumstance
Slight Overbomber

Congrats from my side, too!

This seems to be the first one in black vinyl coming to the market. It will be interesting to see, when the next copies will appear ...
Kommt Zeit,
kommt Rat,
kommt Attentat.
17.auflage
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

Thank you!!!!. :wink: Aaaaah, love this stalking all over the world..... :notworthy: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I expect the worst, that there are more copies coming. Hope there are not too much rainy days this summer... We will see. :roll:
To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.
Victim of Circumstance
Slight Overbomber

I wouldn't expect too many copies. A year ago, a former collector (who was involved in distributing some copies of the clear vinyl edition) told me, that a black vinyl edition also ltd. to 23 copies exists or was rumoured to enter the market in due course respectively. However, as with respect to the clear vinyl (there are only c. 5-6 copies known to exist), the actual edition in black vinyl may be less than 23 :wink:
Kommt Zeit,
kommt Rat,
kommt Attentat.
Being645
Above the Chemist

17.auflage wrote:Thank you!!!!. :wink: Aaaaah, love this stalking all over the world..... :notworthy: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I expect the worst, that there are more copies coming. Hope there are not too much rainy days this summer... We will see. :roll:
I think you were very lucky to find this ... :lol: ... so Congrats from here as well ... ;D :notworthy: ...
17.auflage

... What you see is what you get. Don t ask me what it is, if you want to know ask Peter.
Hell yes.
Well, after getting my hands on this copy I realy would like to talk with this "Peter".

I think we can expect more of this to come soon. It is to easy to made. :( Someone said: Rainy Day Cover?
But I hope not more than the 23 as said.

OK, a picture.

Image 8)
Victim of Circumstance
Slight Overbomber

Hmm, too many copies wouldn't be great from a collectors point of view. I do have an indirect contact to the original bootlegger though and will try to find out more and let you know then ...
Kommt Zeit,
kommt Rat,
kommt Attentat.
17.auflage

:notworthy:
Victim of Circumstance
Slight Overbomber

Some more information as promised.

Of your version, 5 copies do exist numbered 9-13 of 23 (your copy should be no. 11).

Overall 15 of 23 copies of Aporetical Poetry made it to the market yet, 8 remain undiscovered till now or are still at the bootleggers home.

The lp comes in 4 versions, all numbered out of 23 on lp / cover:
- first edition sold last year, lp in clear vinyl with white fold out cover, 5 copies (no. 19-23), as shown in the wiki
- lp with BE instead of Lights, normal white cover, black vinyl, 5 copies (no. 9-13)
- lp with Lights like first edition but normal black cover (not FOC), 3 copies (no. 14-16)
- double (!) lp with full concert, 1 vinyl clear, 1 black, 4th side blank, 2 copies (no. 2 and 3), 1 copy with FOC identical to first edition, 1 copy with red cover

I will give Being645 some additional info soon, so that she can update the wiki.

I hope, this helps :wink:

Not to forget, Happy Birthday Mr. Auflage!
Kommt Zeit,
kommt Rat,
kommt Attentat.
paul
Overbomber

Correct info, VOC!

and congrats 17!!! ;-)
17.auflage

Thanks, for info and concrats! :-)
radiojamaica
Overbomber

I got my Aporetical Poetry homedelivered today :D Oh glorious day! :notworthy:
in dub we trust
Being645
Above the Chemist

radiojamaica wrote:I got my Aporetical Poetry homedelivered today :D Oh glorious day! :notworthy:
Congratulations, Koen! ... You really should have one and I'm pleased to hear you've got one now! It's such a lovely item ... :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: ...
paul
Overbomber

Great, Koen!
paul
Overbomber

Selling my copy. If interested, please send offer through PM

deadagain
Banned

Is this boot really from the late 1980s as the sisters wiki has it? I've been collecting sisters stuff on and off since c1987, and had not heard of this before it popped up on ebay c8 years ago. Seems more likely to be a recent boot, given the style of sleeve (hand numbered on the spine, gatefold cover) and especially as the only available pictures are all of perfectly mint copies.
Is this the place I used to know as Fatherland?
paul
Overbomber

Definately more recent
Being645
Above the Chemist

paul wrote:Definately more recent
I don't think so.
Pista
Cureboi

Being645 wrote:
I don't think so.
1996 I believe :)
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
Being645
Above the Chemist

Pista wrote:
Being645 wrote:
I don't think so.
1996 I believe :)
1986, rather. Or 87 at the latest.
deadagain
Banned

It apparently doesn't have run off groove inscriptions - would this indicate that it is lathe cut? Or have they been scratched out?
Is this the place I used to know as Fatherland?