That Peel-Session

THE place for your Sisters-related comments, questions and snippets of Sisters information. For those who do not know, The Sisters of Mercy are a rock'n'roll band. And a pop band. And an industrial groove machine. Or so they say. They make records. Lots of records, apparently. But not in your galaxy. They play concerts. Lots of concerts, actually. But you still cannot see them. So what's it all about, Alfie? This is one of the few tightly-moderated forums on Heartland, so please keep on-topic. All off-topic posts will either be moved or deleted. Chairman Bux is the editor and the editor's decision is final. Danke.
vicus
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

As log as ftp://quiffboy.myftp.org/ seems to be down: Has anybody out there an URL, where I can find that Radio6-broadcast?
"Am Anfang wurde das Universum erschaffen.
Das machte viele Leute sehr wütend und wurde allenthalben als Schritt in die falsche Richtung angesehen."

http://www.poison-door.net/
JansenClone

vicus wrote:As log as ftp://quiffboy.myftp.org/ seems to be down: Has anybody out there an URL, where I can find that Radio6-broadcast?
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/sistersrarities29/

For 'separated' versions of the tracks...

Michael
DerekR
Doobie Brother

I'm having huge problems downloading anything from the sistersrarities groups at the moment. Haven't been able to download a thing for several days.
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

ftp should be back soon-ish. should be...

see http://www.myheartland.co.uk/viewtopic. ... 9435#29435 for more indo! :urff:
What’s the difference between a buffalo and a bison?
Gripper

DerekR wrote:I'm having huge problems downloading anything from the sistersrarities groups at the moment. Haven't been able to download a thing for several days.
I've had the same trouble- I downloaded everything as it came up until batch 30, but since then it will download virtually nothing.
Someone mailed me and said I might have exceeded my daily download limit, but this has happened day after day, even with an alternative user name.

I'm going to try to log on as a different user on a work computer, and see if that gets me anywhere. Unless anyone else has any bright ideas...?
My car's faster than your mum, but not as dirty.
JansenClone

Gripper wrote:
DerekR wrote:I'm having huge problems downloading anything from the sistersrarities groups at the moment. Haven't been able to download a thing for several days.
I've had the same trouble- I downloaded everything as it came up until batch 30, but since then it will download virtually nothing.
Someone mailed me and said I might have exceeded my daily download limit, but this has happened day after day, even with an alternative user name.

I'm going to try to log on as a different user on a work computer, and see if that gets me anywhere. Unless anyone else has any bright ideas...?
I'm not sure why this is happening but some groups for a different band I've set up had the same problem. Basically I've always been allowed access as owner, but for some reason best known to Yahoo no-one else was. As a test I changed the status of friend to 'Owner' on one of the other groups and they were allowed through. When I'm less drunk I'll do that for all members of the 30+ groups too to see if that solves the problem.

Bare with me...

Michael
mh
Above the Chemist

Hmmm - it seems to be only allowing 1 DL per day from where I sit. Perhaps Yahoo themselves have imposed this limit on any group that has a high number of DLs???
If I told them once, I told them a hundred times to put 'Spinal Tap' first and 'Puppet Show' last.
JansenClone

mh wrote:Hmmm - it seems to be only allowing 1 DL per day from where I sit. Perhaps Yahoo themselves have imposed this limit on any group that has a high number of DLs???
Could be. Still, I've made all the members of group 30 onwards 'owners' to see if that helps. If it doesn't I guess we'll move on to plan b... just as soon as I have one :?

Michael
Gripper

JansenClone wrote: Could be. Still, I've made all the members of group 30 onwards 'owners' to see if that helps. If it doesn't I guess we'll move on to plan b... just as soon as I have one :?

Michael
Thanks, Michael- they flew in a treat this time!

Gripper
My car's faster than your mum, but not as dirty.
Big Si
School Bully

JansenClone wrote:
mh wrote:Hmmm - it seems to be only allowing 1 DL per day from where I sit. Perhaps Yahoo themselves have imposed this limit on any group that has a high number of DLs???
Could be. Still, I've made all the members of group 30 onwards 'owners' to see if that helps. If it doesn't I guess we'll move on to plan b... just as soon as I have one :?

Michael
Thanks Mike! :notworthy:
Wyrd bið ful aræd...

mybelgiannemesis
JansenClone

Big Si wrote:
JansenClone wrote:

Michael
:D :D :D :D :D

Cool! In which case, if anyone's having any download problems with any of the other groups just mail me (AudioConverter@aol.com) telling me which group(s) and your Yahoo name and I'll do the same with the 'Owner' status there. BTW Have you got more hard drive space then now Si?

Michael
Big Si
School Bully

JansenClone wrote:
Big Si wrote:
JansenClone wrote: Could be. Still, I've made all the members of group 30 onwards 'owners' to see if that helps. If it doesn't I guess we'll move on to plan b... just as soon as I have one :?

Michael

Cool! In which case, if anyone's having any download problems with any of the other groups just mail me (AudioConverter@aol.com) telling me which group(s) and your Yahoo name and I'll do the same with the 'Owner' status there. BTW Have you got more hard drive space then now Si?

Michael
:oops: Not yet no! Sorry!

Just taking an opportunity to say we're :notworthy:
Wyrd bið ful aræd...

mybelgiannemesis
Big Si
School Bully

JansenClone wrote:
Big Si wrote:

Michael

Michael
After spending the last 2 hrs reinstalling windows and cleaning a corrupted hard drive I've got an extra 500MB's :notworthy: Where did it come from?????
Wyrd bið ful aræd...

mybelgiannemesis
hallucienate
Overbomber

Big Si wrote:After spending the last 2 hrs reinstalling windows and cleaning a corrupted hard drive I've got an extra 500MB's :notworthy: Where did it come from?????
gnomes
vicus

Quiff Boy wrote:ftp should be back soon-ish. should be...

see http://www.myheartland.co.uk/viewtopic. ... 9435#29435 for more indo! :urff:
Have you ever played that old Infocom-computergame "Bureaucracy" by Douglas Adams (RIP)? ;-)
Das machte viele Leute sehr wütend und wurde allenthalben als Schritt in die falsche Richtung angesehen."

Andy TG
Overbomber

vicus wrote:
Quiff Boy wrote:ftp should be back soon-ish. should be...

Have you ever played that old Infocom-computergame "Bureaucracy" by Douglas Adams (RIP)? ;-)
@ vicus - :notworthy: - Do you, by chance, have a working (on Windows 9X) version of "Bureaucray" that I could possibly "liberate" from you - I have been trying to get a working copy for a good few years - to no avail!

Thans in advance ;D
This Is Not Ordinary S & M
This Is M & S S & M
vicus

AndyTheGoth wrote:Do you, by chance, have a working (on Windows 9X) version of "Bureaucray" that I could possibly "liberate" from you - I have been trying to get a working copy for a good few years - to no avail!

Thans in advance ;D
Here it is:
http://www.latz.org/games/bureaucracy/bureaucracy.shtml

You`ll need WinFrotz to run the game:
http://www.latz.org/download/win/WinFrotzR53.zip

and here is the other Infocom-stuff:
http://www.latz.org/infocom/

Oh: I did find that site via http://www.thesistersofmercy.com/error404page.html (back on topic now) ;D :lol: :D :P
Last edited by vicus on 29 Jun 2003, 22:51, edited 1 time in total.

Andy TG
Overbomber

JansenClone wrote:
Big Si wrote:

Michael

Michael

Mike - Thanks for the shock - I was wondering why I had "inhertied" a yahoo groups "sisters" site !

I am still having the "authorization" problem - with a 403 Forbidden code - when I try to DL anything for the earlier numbered groups - anyone else getting this proble when trying to DL?
This Is M & S S & M
JansenClone

AndyTheGoth wrote:
JansenClone wrote:
Big Si wrote: Thanks Mike! :notworthy:

Michael

Mike - Thanks for the shock - I was wondering why I had "inhertied" a yahoo groups "sisters" site !

I am still having the "authorization" problem - with a 403 Forbidden code - when I try to DL anything for the earlier numbered groups - anyone else getting this proble when trying to DL?
Since changing people's status to 'owners' seems to solve the authorization problem I can only assume that it was a deliberate creation of Yahoo. Which means I suspect the group's days are numbered. If Yahoo wanted to limit or stop downloads from the group and we've found a way round it I suspect it will only be a matter of time before they employ a more 'permanent' means of stopping access to the files.

So.. before then can I ask for a bit of help? :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?:

In order to allow people to access the files freely their membership status in the groups need to be changed to 'owner.' This isn't complicated but it is a little tedious. However, once you're an 'owner' you can change the status of other members too!

So if there's any group members out there (there are a few!) who'd like to while a way a few pointless second/minutes/hours/days... engaged in the dull, repetitive, but selfless and giving (laying it on a bit thick, sorry) activity of changing other group members into 'owners' please get in touch!

I've been working backwards through the groups changing status and my brain's starting to melt... :urff: :urff: :urff: :urff:

Michael (AudioConverter@aol.com)
DerekR
Doobie Brother

JansenClone wrote:So if there's any group members out there (there are a few!) who'd like to while a way a few pointless second/minutes/hours/days... engaged in the dull, repetitive, but selfless and giving (laying it on a bit thick, sorry) activity of changing other group members into 'owners' please get in touch!
Hi Michael,

I figured it's the least I can do to offer to give you a hand changing group members to owners. Consider it payback for all the hard work you've done providing these files in the first place.

So, I think I've figured out how to change members properties. Where do I start? Can't promise I'll get them all done but I've got a few spare hours today so why not?
JansenClone

DerekR wrote:
JansenClone wrote:So if there's any group members out there (there are a few!) who'd like to while a way a few pointless second/minutes/hours/days... engaged in the dull, repetitive, but selfless and giving (laying it on a bit thick, sorry) activity of changing other group members into 'owners' please get in touch!
Hi Michael,

I figured it's the least I can do to offer to give you a hand changing group members to owners. Consider it payback for all the hard work you've done providing these files in the first place.

So, I think I've figured out how to change members properties. Where do I start? Can't promise I'll get them all done but I've got a few spare hours today so why not?
You seem to have done lots though! Cheers Derek!!! :notworthy:

Michael
DerekR
Doobie Brother

Only groups 5-16 to go, I think :eek:

I need you to change my status for groups 9a and 9b so I can carry on my good work, cheers.
mh
Above the Chemist

39, 39a and 39b added. You know what to do.
If I told them once, I told them a hundred times to put 'Spinal Tap' first and 'Puppet Show' last.
Andy TG
Overbomber

vicus wrote:
AndyTheGoth wrote:Do you, by chance, have a working (on Windows 9X) version of "Bureaucray" that I could possibly "liberate" from you - I have been trying to get a working copy for a good few years - to no avail!

Thans in advance ;D
Here it is:
http://www.latz.org/games/bureaucracy/bureaucracy.shtml

You`ll need WinFrotz to run the game:
http://www.latz.org/download/win/WinFrotzR53.zip

and here is the other Infocom-stuff:
http://www.latz.org/infocom/

Oh: I did find that site via http://www.thesistersofmercy.com/error404page.html (back on topic now) ;D :lol: :D :P
I should be ashamed of myself (and I) I never thanks "Vicus" for thr URL for the "Bureaucracy" game - Thanks - your a star!
This Is M & S S & M