17.05.2014 Prague Archa Theatre

Gig news, reviews, set lists, thoughts, comments and observations on The Sisters live in 2014
sukhoi
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

Just felt it is up to me to open this folder 8)

And here is the link to the venue...
http://www.archatheatre.cz/en/
Right On Venom And Revenge
sziamiau
Slight Overbomber

oh I would love to do this!
Being645
Above the Chemist

Yeah, me too ... I'll see what I can possibly make ... :) ...
Obviousman
Outside the Simian Flock

Never been to Prague, so there's an excellent chance to change that :D
Styles are a lie.

My Facebook/My Flickr
centurionofprix
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

The only bad thing about this is it's the dead of f**king summer.

Anyone been to the Archa Theatre? How's the sound?
panzerfaust

Archa is a good sounding venue, unfortunately the last time sisters played here it was mind-wreckingly silent. you know, the volume..bla bla bla same old story.

also last time it costed round 40euro, which aint much of a teaser.

also you cant smoke on the dancefloor, you can in the foyer tho.
sukhoi

Exactly. Archa Theatre is a decent place, last time it was disaster, but because of... But still too decent to THE blast, but maybe. Unofficialy, tickets should be around 32 EUR. Refreshment before and after, at my friend's bar. Maybe or not. You're welcomed!
panzerfaust wrote:Archa is a good sounding venue, unfortunately the last time sisters played here it was mind-wreckingly silent. you know, the volume..bla bla bla same old story.

also last time it costed round 40euro, which aint much of a teaser.

also you cant smoke on the dancefloor, you can in the foyer tho.
mailia
Road Kill

Hello everybody,
I am a newbie here and although I listen to The Sister of Mercy over 20 years, I have never been to any of their concerts (shame on me!). So I have a few silly questions. When should I come to get the first row. I am very small so this is my only chance to see something. And when the concerts usually end? Important information because of my train connection.
Silver_Owl
The Don

mailia wrote:Hello everybody,
I am a newbie here and although I listen to The Sister of Mercy over 20 years, I have never been to any of their concerts (shame on me!). So I have a few silly questions. When should I come to get the first row. I am very small so this is my only chance to see something. And when the concerts usually end? Important information because of my train connection.
Hey new person. How are you?
Glad to have you here.

I'm sure some of the more experienced Mainland gig goers can answer first question but I would assume head straight there when the doors open.
As for when it ends; I guess that depends on venue.
We forgive as we forget
As the day is long.
mailia
Road Kill

And btw. I noticed today that the event has been finally added and the tickets are available: http://www.archatheatre.cz/en/performan ... 2014-05-17
Bartek
Underneath the Rock

Ahoy mailia :kiss:
If you want to see band (and sometimes be able to hear music) front rows are for you. thare's not much moshpit during TSOM gig, but it depends on crowd temper, condition of band and few other factors (i'm sure that you know that, if you were on any other gigs). but generally i cannot imagine some edgy, harsh mosh pit during TSOM gig. but if you want to see smoke/light effect being on back rows is for you. :wink:
mailia
Road Kill

Bartek wrote:Ahoy mailia :kiss:
If you want to see band (and sometimes be able to hear music) front rows are for you. thare's not much moshpit during TSOM gig, but it depends on crowd temper, condition of band and few other factors (i'm sure that you know that, if you were on any other gigs). but generally i cannot imagine some edgy, harsh mosh pit during TSOM gig. but if you want to see smoke/light effect being on back rows is for you. :wink:
So you say that the sound is not good in the front rows... so maybe the front row on the balcony would be better. But how to get it.. (worried).
Bartek
Underneath the Rock

a contrary, TSOM sound issue are well known, but folks that attend more regulary and, what's more important, more recently can say more. and to complicate it even more- sound also depends on who's gonna be sound guy on this upcominig tour.
psichonaut
Overbomber

I have been at one gig, spent a part at the bar, a part in front row abd a part moshing
Sooo fuuuunnnnyyyyyy
thanks...my Lord...i'm unbeliver
tear up your pants for psicho...and jump on him
sukhoi

Well, it looks like there will be an interview with :von: in one local newspaper before the show again, probably sometime within next week, as I was told. Here I got a teaser for you, about what songs we can await:

"We will be doing some old songs, some new songs and we have plans for some covers which you won’t be expecting at all."

Stay tuned :wink:
Tomas
Road Kill

See you in Prague with new songs :D
sukhoi

Top Nite Out in the middle of the set again...
Joy

I'v found this article but unfortunately I don't speak this language. Can anyone summarise what is in it?

http://www.novinky.cz/kultura/336186-si ... ncert.html
"Music is there to enrich your life and make you aware of things in a slightly different way."
Bartek
Underneath the Rock

just got news/update from Rafał: same setlist are yesterday, Snub nose, Dominion skipped.
Husek

Joy wrote:I'v found this article but unfortunately I don't speak this language. Can anyone summarise what is in it?

It's a Interview with Von ( i'll summarize, not translate)

Q1 - in early days 3 albums, nowadays zero, why?
'Cause record label sucks, also, we have new song and our fans share them through web, so we save tons of money and time on studio.

Q2 - A lot of musicians has gone from the band, and only you and Doktor Avalanche survived from the original formation, you think these are changes for a better band?
Yes.

Q3 - Do you think Sisters is GothRock?
No, we are Rock and Roll from North-England and we like ramones and motorhead.

Q4 - We will listen to anything new on prague?
Maybe

I'm not a great czech speaker, i don't know many words and the few i know i learned from my grandfather ( Yes, Husek it's a Czech name, yes, it's my last name, and i don't have a clue why my grandpa came to Brazil).
Last edited by Husek on 17 May 2014, 22:41, edited 1 time in total.
Project Personal Dok
Hardware: 100% (Single Hackintosh)
AU: 90%
Software: 90%
The Final Floorshow - My Own Sisters T-Shirt Shop
Joy

Husek wrote:
Joy wrote:I'v found this article but unfortunately I don't speak this language. Can anyone summarise what is in it?

'Cause record label sucks, also, we have new song and our fans share them through web, so we save tons of money and time on studio.

Q2 - A lot of musicians has gone from the band, and only you and Doktor Avalanche survived from the original formation, you think these are changes for a better band?
Yes.

Maybe

I'm not a great czech speaker, i don't know may words and the few i know i learned from my grandfather ( Yes, Husek it's a Czech name, yes, it's my last name, and i don't have a clue why my grandpa came to Brazil).
Thank you!!
"Music is there to enrich your life and make you aware of things in a slightly different way."
Ozpat
From the Lowlands

Joy wrote:
Husek wrote:

Yes.

Maybe

I'm not a great czech speaker, i don't know may words and the few i know i learned from my grandfather ( Yes, Husek it's a Czech name, yes, it's my last name, and i don't have a clue why my grandpa came to Brazil).
Thank you!!
+1! Nice and great effort!
"as we walk on the floodland"
iesus
Overbomber

Copied from Fb:

Ben Christo
1 hr ·

Excellent gig in Prague tonight, lots of fun. Gasometer, Vienna tomorrow!
'Are we the Baddies?'...
"Someday! Someday, everything you need, is just gonna fall out of the sky..." -A.E. Reading 1991
"Don't forget that most of the judges in witches trials had harvard degrees."
Nikolas Vitus Lagartija
Overbomber

Re : interview
:von: is saying that he owes the Czechs a good concert because the sound was terrible last time. (As many of you will have recognised, the "dobry" in the headline is "good" as in the greeting "dobry den")

There must be quite a few cities on his sonic IOU list !!
Being645
Above the Chemist

First video

Temple of Love - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5JOM3C_-_Ts