interview with AE

Gig news, reviews, set lists, thoughts, comments and observations on The Sisters live in 2014
sukhoi
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

Some reading for time between the shows... Here is an article from today's edition of Czech newspaper LIDOVE NOVINY about the Tour + interview with Eldritch (done before start of tour). Here you can find scan of the article: https://www.flickr.com/photos/29782013@N03/14198220364/

and probably more interesting, original English version of the interview. Enjoy 8) :

Q: Sisters are around since the year of 1981. Your new tour is called „Ever Forward“. How long this „ever“ will last?
As long as we can still stand, as long as we can still sing, we’ll be there.

Q: Could you imagine yourself as touring in the age of „Lemmy“ from Motorhead (now age 68 ) or even Leonard Cohen (79)? Have you visited their shows recently?
We went to see Motorhead in Bradford a few years ago and they’ve still got it. Chris says he saw Lemmy last year and said he was in fine form. We’ve got our fingers crossed for him. Leonard Cohen is unassailably classy and I would imagine remains as such.

Q: You did not play any show last year. The silence about the band even made to rise some speculations about the end of Sisters. What were you doing? Besides guitarists doing their own projects...
Every band has a break from time to time, sometimes to rest the band, sometimes to appease the accountant. This time, we were just having a rest and the lads carried on with their own things. They work at a different pace to everyone else.

Q: Back to music. What can be expected during following tour? Some new covers (like Red Lorry, Yellow Lorry's Gift That Shines last time), reinvented old songs or even some new stuff?
We will be doing some old songs, some new songs and we have plans for some covers which you won’t be expecting at all.

Q: During your last concert before break – in Cologne in July 2012 – was with big suprise featured Lisa Cuthbert. While you have used backing female vocals yet on your shows in early 90s, this time was she even solo performing one of your songs (This Corrosion). Can we expect to see here again during following tour?
Not on these dates, but she is a great talent and we hope to see her again soon.

Q: Are you following some of ther internet forums – e.g. Heartland – to get feedback on your shows?
No. We do what we do, and continue apace. I think Chris from the band keeps tabs on sites like that, but I’ve enough to be doing without getting involved in internet bickering about what songs we’re playing, or what shirts we’re wearing this week.

Q: You must be surely bored asking why was your last regular album released back in 1990. So that no question about new album. But, don't you plan to release at least some new – or unreleased - stuff via internet?
You preface a question by telling us you’re not going to ask that question. So I’m going to preface my answer by...

Q: You are one of the most bootlegged band. Do you mind when your live recordings are shared?
Nowadays, not so much, so long as it’s not for (someone else’s) profit. And we hate most of the artwork, but... ‚twas ever thus.
Joy
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

Thanks for sharing!
"Music is there to enrich your life and make you aware of things in a slightly different way."
Bartek
Underneath the Rock

sukhoi wrote: Q: Sisters are around since the year of 1981. Your new tour is called „Ever Forward“. How long this „ever“ will last?
As long as we can still stand, as long as we can still sing, we’ll be there.
oh, sweet auto-irony, by this sentence he proofed that he's 100% true Brit :lol:
Pista
Cureboi

sukhoi wrote:
Q: Are you following some of ther internet forums – e.g. Heartland – to get feedback on your shows?
No. We do what we do, and continue apace. I think Chris from the band keeps tabs on sites like that, but I’ve enough to be doing without getting involved in internet bickering about what songs we’re playing, or what shirts we’re wearing this week.
Haven't the foggiest idea what he's talking about. :innocent:

:lol:
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
euphoria
Slight Overbomber

This is the second interview this tour and no one asks the only interesting question, namely why they don't play Far Parade, or any other new unplayed song. But maybe they don't know there is such a song. Oh well.

Thanks for sharing!
Bartek
Underneath the Rock

I'm agree with AE about bickering about clothes it's silly, it's level of News of the world.

and yes, Dĕkuju Sukhoi for translating and sharing this interview
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

:innocent: :innocent: :innocent:

At least it proves what many of us suspected; that Chris does check in here from time to time, and that at least some of it gets reported back to :von:
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
iesus
Overbomber

Thank you sukhoi for sharing this :notworthy:
'Are we the Baddies?'...
"Someday! Someday, everything you need, is just gonna fall out of the sky..." -A.E. Reading 1991
"Don't forget that most of the judges in witches trials had harvard degrees."
robertzombie
Overbomber

He doesn't follow the forums but he doesn't like the bootleg artwork created on the forums.

OKAY THEN.
Bartek
Underneath the Rock

markfiend wrote:
:innocent: :innocent: :innocent:

At least it proves what many of us suspected; that Chris does check in here from time to time, and that at least some of it gets reported back to :von:
damn snitch! damn rat!
sukhoi

You're welcome :notworthy:

And btw, English version is not the translation, but the original....
Bartek wrote:I'm agree with AE about bickering about clothes it's silly, it's level of News of the world.

and yes, Dĕkuju Sukhoi for translating and sharing this interview
Right On Venom And Revenge
James Blast
Banned

here's my Q
Mr.E, why are you such a khunt, I mean you really are, you treat your tr00 fans like shit?

thanks sukhoi :D :notworthy:
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
Being645
Above the Chemist

Hah, a lovely interview .... ;D ... Bravo, sukhoi and thanks for sharing ... :kiss: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: ...

I'm sad to hear you can't go to the festival today ... :wink:...

robertzombie wrote:He doesn't follow the forums but he doesn't like the bootleg artwork created on the forums.

OKAY THEN.
:lol: ... I bet the last one they looked at was some deterring example from the 1990s I created a page for in the SistersWiki ... :lol: ...
Europa
Amphetamine Filth

Om began to feel the acute depression that steals over every realist in the presence of an optimist.
Joy

Do you have any other upcoming projects that you want to tell us? Tours? A new EP? Singles?

The reason we do these interviews now because we are on tour in May. Chris group trying to force me to make a single. You never know. Things are very malleable in the world of Sisters.
"Music is there to enrich your life and make you aware of things in a slightly different way."
James Blast
Banned

ie. go get bent :(

he don'tcare
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
Back in time

Thanks man, sometimes I really understand Mr. Blast, mostly still hope
Lord, what can the harvest hope for, if not for the care of the reaper man.
James Blast
Banned

there's nothing left but faith

... oh wait a minute
~ Peter Steele
LyanvisAberrant

Chris if your reading this you shouldn't have shaved your head. You look like a child now. A very small child. Don't do that.
A man with a fictitious grin pondered the terrain in which he flooded with anguish, for this is England. The lion cannot be tamed, this is the game.
Being645
Above the Chemist

Thank you for posting, Europa. This is a nice read, too... :D ... funny translation at times, but I like the part with the Sisters sauce ... ;D ... yeah.

And the part with the respect, anyway.
Bartek
Underneath the Rock

LyanvisAberrant wrote:Chris if your reading this you shouldn't have shaved your head. You look like a child now. A very small child. Don't do that.
find a small child with sideburns :P
circle

Thanks for this interview :D
darkcircleroom4.blogspot.com
Ozpat
From the Lowlands

euphoria wrote:This is the second interview this tour and no one asks the only interesting question, namely why they don't play Far Parade, or any other new unplayed song. But maybe they don't know there is such a song. Oh well.

Thanks for sharing!
I agree on both.
"as we walk on the floodland"
mandrake

Q: Back to music. What can be expected during following tour? Some new covers (like Red Lorry, Yellow Lorry's Gift That Shines last time), reinvented old songs or even some new stuff?
We will be doing some old songs, some new songs and we have plans for some covers which you won’t be expecting at all.

Old songs?,yes,new songs?..not yet.Unexpected covers? Besides another surfsong cover..mwaahh.
Nikolas Vitus Lagartija
Overbomber

Being645 wrote:
Thank you for posting, Europa. This is a nice read, too... :D ... funny translation at times, but I like the part with the Sisters sauce ... ;D ... yeah.

And the part with the respect, anyway.
Agree about the funny translation. Would be interesting to know if "Chris essaie de me forcer" was trying to translate "Chris is always trying to force me" or Chis is currently trying to force me " to release a single in the English original.
And surely he's saying that he personally doesn't have any interest in Twitter, and not the opposite as is implied in the Engkish retranslation.