Anyone else like The The?

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
radiojamaica
Overbomber

Indeed
in dub we trust
lazarus corporation
Lord Protector

Absolutely loved the Infected album when it came out, about the same time that I started properly listening to the Sisters (c. 1986) - I remember being the only person at school who liked them.

When I listen to it occasionally these days I realise how massively over-produced Infected is, but that applies to a lot of music from the eighties (but I think Infected suffered from 80s over-production more than most).
Ozpat
From the Lowlands

Yep! :)
"as we walk on the floodland"
emilystrange
Above the Chemist

yes! i came at Soul Mining. Infected wasn't quite what i expected and far too commercial for me.
i love them though. one of my A level answers was based on the lyrics :D
I just can't keep living on dreams no more
hellboy69
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

love most of Matt Johnson/The The's output, especially Mind Bomb. got lucky and saw them play at South Bank in Londontown a few years back, was a stonking gig.
Victim of Circumstance
Slight Overbomber

Yep, entered their world with Slow Train To Dawn and have been listing to all their records since then :)
Kommt Zeit,
kommt Rat,
kommt Attentat.
Nikolas Vitus Lagartija
Overbomber

With the production values, I always thought The The were a big influence on :von: when he was planning his chart assault pre-Floodland, and Dominion still sounds that way to me. I remember that Uncertain Smile was regularly played in Leeds indie clubs in the early mid 80s. No surprise really that a lot of Sisters fans of that vintage like them.
circle

Uncertain Smile is still my favourite summer vacations song :)
darkcircleroom4.blogspot.com
sam1

Seen The The 5 or 6 times, the most memorable being 2 nights at the Royal Albert Hall a life time ago in 1990..
bangles
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

Love The The. Became a fan with Soul Mining.

Funnily enough - when I got into the Sisters in 87 and knowing nothing of their old material, bought a bootleg tape of Stuttgart 84 & asked the guy in the shop was Heartland a cover of the The The song...
Asperum Aestimate Fimi Aliquid Hodie
James Blast
Banned

I'm no fan of Johnny Marr but if you've seen the VHS (sorry it was the early 90s) 'The The vs. The World' well Blimey! what a band and what a set!!!

do yourself a favour, seek it out
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
James Blast
Banned

"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
sam1

James Blast wrote:I'm no fan of Johnny Marr but if you've seen the VHS (sorry it was the early 90s) 'The The vs. The World' well Blimey! what a band and what a set!!!

do yourself a favour, seek it out
yeah..that was the gigs I was at...f**king amazing!

James..got your message..I'm at work at the mo..quicker emailing me!
James Blast
Banned

Flip Aff! I'll see ye Tuesday at ver Nails!
~ Peter Steele
James Blast
Banned

Bartek wrote:thankee McBlast
:notworthy:
I'll make you suffer, later :lol: :lol: :lol: :twisted:
~ Peter Steele
sam1

no probs..might be a little earlier than planned but I'm sure I'll amuse myself whilst waiting at the pub...you wanting anything muzac wise of me?
James Blast
Banned

Dougal's coming over here 1st, we get lost in music so we might no be there till... later :oops:

Naw, all is klar here, you need owt from me?
I have the complete Magazine recordings (apart from that last pish album you gave me) :lol:
The very 1st MBV album has been getting a battering here. It's outstanding man! :D 8) :notworthy: :notworthy:
~ Peter Steele
James Blast
Banned

Just come over here Scott, Dougal's drivin' and ye ken the 3 of us get on real well.
If you want summat to eat - I have a hawf decent, very clean kitchen and barbie at your disposal. :D
~ Peter Steele
sam1

James Blast wrote:Just come over here Scott, Dougal's drivin' and ye ken the 3 of us get on real well.
If you want summat to eat - I have a hawf decent, very clean kitchen and barbie at your disposal. :D
Ok,that sounds good..I'll get back to you when I get into Glasgow..I'm just waiting for a couple of people to get back to me so I'll get back to you asap.
James Blast
Banned

Let's get back when we get back, to normal.

Get back to me Scott. :lol: :lol: :lol:
~ Peter Steele
James Blast
Banned

This isn't normal, is it? :lol:
~ Peter Steele
Obviousman
Outside the Simian Flock

James Blast wrote:click this, it makes life easier
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lxqo8j4 ... 24&index=2

:D
Groovy!

There was an excellent 12" RSD release of Giants this year (with a not so excellent remix on the B-side)
Styles are a lie.

My Facebook/My Flickr