An (overdue) apology

Updates on forum status, bug fixes, etc. If there's something new in here its probably a good idea that you read it.
Victim of Circumstance
Slight Overbomber

Although I'm sorry that a longstanding forum member has to leave, I'm glad about your decision to ban JB. His increasing rudeness in recent months, especially against being645, was unbearable. It got even that far IMO, that when posting anything contrary, you had to wonder how long it would take unless you received a "get bent" comment (NVL can tell you about this) ...

Like you said, this forum should be a friendly place for all fans of the Sisters, to discuss, meet and enjoy ...

I do not mean that we must have all the opinion, but we should discuss this in a proper way / manner :wink:
Kommt Zeit,
kommt Rat,
kommt Attentat.
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

panzerfaust wrote:james was like a mascot. he belonged here, the dark side of this place.

well Being458, hope you are happy now. cleansed the world from some more evil.

squealing in the name of Good.

honestly, it always takes two.
You're out of order, and, quite frankly, skating on very thin ice here.

It wasn't just because of his treatment of Being645. It's part of a pattern of him being increasingly abusive toward everyone. The word "bully" has cropped up a number of times, from a number of independent sources. Also, he was warned about it and carried on anyway.
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
Sita
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

Someone said the fourms were quiet when James took a leave, but please don't count my absence in to support that theory. I've been studying Chinese quite intensely since, and if you want to get things done our age ;D and with a day job, you gotta take drastic measures. So I wasn't in Europe, mentally, but also literally at times. I felt sorry and missed you lot.
Now I need to find a healthy way to balance my different interests.
eldritch1969
Road Kill

I'm only new here with a few posts. But I'm a big Sisters fan. I joined the forum because I wanted to join in with fellow fans - to gripe, moan, praise, share jokes, have a bit of fun.

I'm not an old guard so I don't know James at all and I can only give the point of view of a very recent member. When I said hello there were some really great posts, fantastic people and really welcoming but that all went to pot when I got shot down in flames and called a newb in a derogatory way second post in. Yes I am a newb but come on. I'm a human being too.

I agree, a ban is very harsh on anybody but you can't go round a forum doling things out to people you don't know. You can't know someone's mental state or how they're going to take your posts. At the time I thought "sod this I haven't come here to be insulted" and nearly gave it up as a bad job.

I hope he can come back. He's a Sisters fan after all and obviously a big contributor but you've got to play fair and treat people with respect and until you can do that a break is probably a good idea. I imagine a James on form makes for a very entertaining forum.
"Lay me down the long white line, Leave the sirens far behind me, Paint my name in black and gold, My heart my flame my heart my road"
God knows what it means but I love it...
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

eldritch1969 wrote:I'm only new here with a few posts. But I'm a big Sisters fan. I joined the forum because I wanted to join in with fellow fans - to gripe, moan, praise, share jokes, have a bit of fun.

I'm not an old guard so I don't know James at all and I can only give the point of view of a very recent member. When I said hello there were some really great posts, fantastic people and really welcoming but that all went to pot when I got shot down in flames and called a newb in a derogatory way second post in. Yes I am a newb but come on. I'm a human being too.

I agree, a ban is very harsh on anybody but you can't go round a forum doling things out to people you don't know. You can't know someone's mental state or how they're going to take your posts. At the time I thought "sod this I haven't come here to be insulted" and nearly gave it up as a bad job.

I hope he can come back. He's a Sisters fan after all and obviously a big contributor but you've got to play fair and treat people with respect and until you can do that a break is probably a good idea. I imagine a James on form makes for a very entertaining forum.
Thank you :)
What’s the difference between a buffalo and a bison?
Silver_Owl
The Don

Quiff Boy wrote:
eldritch1969 wrote:I'm only new here with a few posts. But I'm a big Sisters fan. I joined the forum because I wanted to join in with fellow fans - to gripe, moan, praise, share jokes, have a bit of fun.

Thank you :)
Well said and thanks for persevering! :D
We forgive as we forget
As the day is long.
EvilBastard
Overbomber

eldritch1969 wrote:When I said hello there were some really great posts, fantastic people and really welcoming but that all went to pot when I got shot down in flames and called a newb in a derogatory way second post in. Yes I am a newb but come on. I'm a human being too.
Yeah, most forums make you wait until at least your 50th post before they acknowledge your existence and flame you :lol:

Not sure that we have a category for human beings, though - Quiff, any thoughts on implementing that? I remember with pride the day I stopped being Roadkill and became Filth 8)

In case I missed your arrival, though, Welcome to the Asylum :wink:
"I won't go down in history, but I probably will go down on your sister."
Hank Moody
Izzy HaveMercy
The Worlds Greatest Living Belgian

EvilBastard wrote:Not sure that we have a category for human beings, though - Quiff, any thoughts on implementing that?
<---- ;D

IZ.
For Greater Good - Ambient Music for the Masses...
EvilBastard
Overbomber

Izzy HaveMercy wrote:
EvilBastard wrote:Not sure that we have a category for human beings, though - Quiff, any thoughts on implementing that?
<---- ;D

IZ.
Belgians are only "acting" humans while the jury deliberates - any country that can go that long without a functional government isn't to be trusted. ;D
Hank Moody
lazarus corporation
Lord Protector

EvilBastard wrote:
Izzy HaveMercy wrote:
<---- ;D

IZ.
Belgians are only "acting" humans while the jury deliberates - any country that can go that long without a functional government isn't to be trusted. ;D
Does a Lord Protector count?
<---- ;D
Big Si
School Bully

I'm invoking Clause 83 :wink: ;D
Wyrd bið ful aræd...

mybelgiannemesis
EvilBastard
Overbomber

Big Si wrote:I'm invoking Clause 83 :wink: ;D
I'm invoking unauthorised citation of light program references under the 30-year-rule rule. Pretty sure that's a banning offence :lol:
Hank Moody
radiojamaica
Overbomber

Johnny Rev 7.0 wrote:
radiojamaica wrote:oops, double post.
Nah Koen, you fell into the trap of trying to edit a post in Announcements.

I'm sure Steve will sort it out in the morning. :wink:
True that, Johnnyboy. But the result was a double post :wink:

Thanx Barry for cleaning up my mess!
in dub we trust
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

Aaaaanyway, I think this thread has served it's purpose now. I'm going to lock it.

Onwards and upwards... and, dare i say it, "ever forward"? :lol:

Thanks for all your feedback and your understanding.

As you were...
What’s the difference between a buffalo and a bison?