Heartland Forum Index
       FAQ      Rules      Search      Paypal Donation      Photo Gallery      Sisters Wiki   
   Register · Profile · Log in to check your private messages · View New Posts · Usergroups · Memberlist · Statistics  
   Follow us on   Twitter    Facebook · Log in  
An (overdue) apology
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Heartland Forum Index -> Announcements
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Victim of Circumstance
Slight Overbomber

PostPost #26  Posted: Wed May 21, 2014 10:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Although I'm sorry that a longstanding forum member has to leave, I'm glad about your decision to ban JB. His increasing rudeness in recent months, especially against being645, was unbearable. It got even that far IMO, that when posting anything contrary, you had to wonder how long it would take unless you received a "get bent" comment (NVL can tell you about this) ...

Like you said, this forum should be a friendly place for all fans of the Sisters, to discuss, meet and enjoy ...

I do not mean that we must have all the opinion, but we should discuss this in a proper way / manner Wink
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

PostPost #27  Posted: Thu May 22, 2014 9:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

panzerfaust wrote:
james was like a mascot. he belonged here, the dark side of this place.

well Being458, hope you are happy now. cleansed the world from some more evil.

squealing in the name of Good.

honestly, it always takes two.

You're out of order, and, quite frankly, skating on very thin ice here.

It wasn't just because of his treatment of Being645. It's part of a pattern of him being increasingly abusive toward everyone. The word "bully" has cropped up a number of times, from a number of independent sources. Also, he was warned about it and carried on anyway.
Sita
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

PostPost #28  Posted: Thu May 22, 2014 10:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Someone said the fourms were quiet when James took a leave, but please don't count my absence in to support that theory. I've been studying Chinese quite intensely since, and if you want to get things done our age Mr. Green and with a day job, you gotta take drastic measures. So I wasn't in Europe, mentally, but also literally at times. I felt sorry and missed you lot.
Now I need to find a healthy way to balance my different interests.
eldritch1969
Road Kill

PostPost #29  Posted: Thu May 22, 2014 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I'm only new here with a few posts. But I'm a big Sisters fan. I joined the forum because I wanted to join in with fellow fans - to gripe, moan, praise, share jokes, have a bit of fun.

I'm not an old guard so I don't know James at all and I can only give the point of view of a very recent member. When I said hello there were some really great posts, fantastic people and really welcoming but that all went to pot when I got shot down in flames and called a newb in a derogatory way second post in. Yes I am a newb but come on. I'm a human being too.

I agree, a ban is very harsh on anybody but you can't go round a forum doling things out to people you don't know. You can't know someone's mental state or how they're going to take your posts. At the time I thought "sod this I haven't come here to be insulted" and nearly gave it up as a bad job.

I hope he can come back. He's a Sisters fan after all and obviously a big contributor but you've got to play fair and treat people with respect and until you can do that a break is probably a good idea. I imagine a James on form makes for a very entertaining forum.
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

PostPost #30  Posted: Thu May 22, 2014 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

eldritch1969 wrote:
I'm only new here with a few posts. But I'm a big Sisters fan. I joined the forum because I wanted to join in with fellow fans - to gripe, moan, praise, share jokes, have a bit of fun.

I'm not an old guard so I don't know James at all and I can only give the point of view of a very recent member. When I said hello there were some really great posts, fantastic people and really welcoming but that all went to pot when I got shot down in flames and called a newb in a derogatory way second post in. Yes I am a newb but come on. I'm a human being too.

I agree, a ban is very harsh on anybody but you can't go round a forum doling things out to people you don't know. You can't know someone's mental state or how they're going to take your posts. At the time I thought "sod this I haven't come here to be insulted" and nearly gave it up as a bad job.

I hope he can come back. He's a Sisters fan after all and obviously a big contributor but you've got to play fair and treat people with respect and until you can do that a break is probably a good idea. I imagine a James on form makes for a very entertaining forum.

Thank you Smile
the cake is a lie
Silver_Owl
The Don

PostPost #31  Posted: Thu May 22, 2014 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Quiff Boy wrote:
eldritch1969 wrote:

Thank you Smile

Well said and thanks for persevering! Very Happy
EvilBastard
Overbomber

PostPost #32  Posted: Thu May 22, 2014 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

eldritch1969 wrote:
When I said hello there were some really great posts, fantastic people and really welcoming but that all went to pot when I got shot down in flames and called a newb in a derogatory way second post in. Yes I am a newb but come on. I'm a human being too.

Yeah, most forums make you wait until at least your 50th post before they acknowledge your existence and flame you Laughing

Not sure that we have a category for human beings, though - Quiff, any thoughts on implementing that? I remember with pride the day I stopped being Roadkill and became Filth Cool

In case I missed your arrival, though, Welcome to the Asylum Wink
Izzy HaveMercy
The Worlds Greatest Living Belgian

PostPost #33  Posted: Thu May 22, 2014 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

EvilBastard wrote:
Not sure that we have a category for human beings, though - Quiff, any thoughts on implementing that?

<---- Mr. Green

IZ.
EvilBastard
Overbomber

PostPost #34  Posted: Thu May 22, 2014 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Izzy HaveMercy wrote:
EvilBastard wrote:
Not sure that we have a category for human beings, though - Quiff, any thoughts on implementing that?

<---- Mr. Green

IZ.

Belgians are only "acting" humans while the jury deliberates - any country that can go that long without a functional government isn't to be trusted. Mr. Green
lazarus corporation
Lord Protector

PostPost #35  Posted: Thu May 22, 2014 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

EvilBastard wrote:
Izzy HaveMercy wrote:
EvilBastard wrote:

<---- Mr. Green

IZ.

Belgians are only "acting" humans while the jury deliberates - any country that can go that long without a functional government isn't to be trusted. Mr. Green

Does a Lord Protector count?
<---- Mr. Green
Big Si
School Bully

PostPost #36  Posted: Thu May 22, 2014 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I'm invoking Clause 83 Wink Mr. Green

"oh!!! PISH!" - RIP, Jam~es Blaast 1958-2016
RIP Molly "The Mum" Gallagher 1921-2018

mybelgiannemesis
EvilBastard
Overbomber

PostPost #37  Posted: Thu May 22, 2014 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Big Si wrote:
I'm invoking Clause 83 Wink Mr. Green

I'm invoking unauthorised citation of light program references under the 30-year-rule rule. Pretty sure that's a banning offence Laughing
radiojamaica
Overbomber

PostPost #38  Posted: Fri May 23, 2014 8:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Johnny Rev 7.0 wrote:
radiojamaica wrote:
oops, double post.

Nah Koen, you fell into the trap of trying to edit a post in Announcements.

I'm sure Steve will sort it out in the morning. Wink

True that, Johnnyboy. But the result was a double post Wink

Thanx Barry for cleaning up my mess!
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

PostPost #39  Posted: Fri May 23, 2014 9:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Aaaaanyway, I think this thread has served it's purpose now. I'm going to lock it.

Onwards and upwards... and, dare i say it, "ever forward"? Laughing

Thanks for all your feedback and your understanding.

As you were...
the cake is a lie
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Heartland Forum Index -> Announcements All times are GMT + 1 Hour
 Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: