07.07.2014 Glasgow ABC

Gig news, reviews, set lists, thoughts, comments and observations on The Sisters live in 2014
Bartek
Underneath the Rock

Have fun people! If you gonna meet James, please, pass my regards. :notworthy:
bangles
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

[quote="Andrew S"]Incidentally, for anyone coming from Glasgow Airport and staying at a hotel near the venue.... quote]

Thanks a million from the info but just to confirm, is that info for Glasgow International? I went down the Prestwick route...
Asperum Aestimate Fimi Aliquid Hodie
Andrew S
Slight Overbomber

bangles wrote: Thanks a million from the info but just to confirm, is that info for Glasgow International? I went down the Prestwick route...
Yes it is International - not Prestwick. From Prestwick, you can get the train from the airport to Glasgow Central and as an air passenger, you qualify for a 50% discount on the fare, so hang onto your boarding card. More details here: http://www.glasgowprestwick.com/to-and- ... ravel.html

There's also a bus service (X77) from Prestwick to Glasgow every 1/2 hour. The stop is on the A79 road next to the airport and it takes around 50 minutes to get to Buchanan Street. Personally I prefer the train - it's a relatively cheap service (especially with the discount) and the station is conveniently connected to the airport.
Last edited by Andrew S on 06 Jul 2014, 18:00, edited 1 time in total.
RIP Dale: 1994 - 2009
radiojamaica
Overbomber

Nice work, Andrew :notworthy: :notworthy:
in dub we trust
Andrew S
Slight Overbomber

radiojamaica wrote:Nice work, Andrew :notworthy: :notworthy:
Are you coming Koen?
radiojamaica
Overbomber

Andrew S wrote:
radiojamaica wrote:Nice work, Andrew :notworthy: :notworthy:
Are you coming Koen?
Sadly I am not. But I wanted to say thanx anyway :wink:
Next one for me will be Zottegem...
in dub we trust
Dark
Underneath the Rock

If I get out of work on time, I'll meet people for a drink beforehand. Not going to the gig (not my cup of cider :lol:) but I'll be happy to buy one or two of you a pint at the afterparty, which you can reach this way. :)
Andrew S
Slight Overbomber

As for pre-gig meet-ups:

McPhabbs

Nice'n'Sleazy

Both pubs are on Sauchiehall Street, with Sleazy's being between the ABC and McPhabbs (which is a few blocks west, but well worth a visit). I did try plotting all 3 places on a map but sadly Google Maps has changed and is now utter sh!te :(
Being645
Above the Chemist

Andrew S wrote:As for pre-gig meet-ups:

McPhabbs

Nice'n'Sleazy

Both pubs are on Sauchiehall Street, with Sleazy's being between the ABC and McPhabbs (which is a few blocks west, but well worth a visit). I did try plotting all 3 places on a map but sadly Google Maps has changed and is now utter sh!te :(
Google Maps has an option down the map on the right hand side offering to return to the former format ... fortunately, because yes, it is s**t now, and they obviously know ... :wink: :lol: ...

Btw, do you know which of these bars offer a proper strong coffee? ... 8) ...
ribbons69
Slight Overbomber

McPhabbs

Nice'n'Sleazy

Will hopefully drop by. If all goes to plan Mrs Ribbons and I will arrive at three,but that relies on a ten minute window at Manchester Picadilly for the train to Preston,then an eight minute gap at Preston for the Glasgae train! So we'll actually probably check into the Overlook at 4. I'm guessing no support plus club night = Sisters on about half eight.
"I've seen Andrew Eldritch in an ice hockey shirt onstage, and I've given him the benefit of the doubt"
Tom G Warrior of Celtic Frost

we fall to rise
Andrew S
Slight Overbomber

Being645 wrote:

McPhabbs

Nice'n'Sleazy

Google Maps has an option down the map on the right hand side offering to return to the former format ... fortunately, because yes, it is s**t now, and they obviously know ... :wink: :lol: ...

I don't drink coffee so I can't vouch for the quality. I've been told that McPhabbs do an acceptable cappuccino (and presumeably regular coffee).

I've no idea what coffee Sleazy's do but I've just noticed they do a burger called Lucretia:-D It contains pork though, so off my menu.
http://www.nicensleazy.com/meathammer-ltd/

As for Google Maps, I did use the 'classic' option last time but it no longer seems to be available to me. Thanks for the suggestion anyway :notworthy:
sukhoi

Thanks for hints! Just heading to Prague airport...
Andrew S wrote:
Being645 wrote:

McPhabbs

Nice'n'Sleazy

I don't drink coffee so I can't vouch for the quality. I've been told that McPhabbs do an acceptable cappuccino (and presumeably regular coffee).

I've no idea what coffee Sleazy's do but I've just noticed they do a burger called Lucretia:-D It contains pork though, so off my menu.
http://www.nicensleazy.com/meathammer-ltd/

As for Google Maps, I did use the 'classic' option last time but it no longer seems to be available to me. Thanks for the suggestion anyway :notworthy:
Right On Venom And Revenge
bangles

Andrew S wrote:
bangles wrote: Thanks a million from the info but just to confirm, is that info for Glasgow International? I went down the Prestwick route...
Yes it is International - not Prestwick. From Prestwick, you can get the train from the airport to Glasgow Central and as an air passenger, you qualify for a 50% discount on the fare, so hang onto your boarding card. More details here: http://www.glasgowprestwick.com/to-and- ... ravel.html

There's also a bus service (X77) from Prestwick to Glasgow every 1/2 hour. The stop is on the A79 road next to the airport and it takes around 50 minutes to get to Buchanan Street. Personally I prefer the train - it's a relatively cheap service (especially with the discount) and the station is conveniently connected to the airport.

Thanks for the info! Just enjoying a preflight pint in the Dublin sunshine. Cannot wait for tonight!
lazarus corporation
Lord Protector

The Sisters Twitter Feed wrote:Glasgow ABC tonight! Early curfew so we're on at 8.30pm.
(clicky)
Pista
Cureboi

Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
Pista
Cureboi

From the HL twitter feed

Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
Pista
Cureboi

& another one
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
sukhoi

No setlist surprises (Dominion is hopefully definitely back, No Time To Cry too, both instrumentals included, Dr. Jeep/Detonation Blvd...), Eldritch in talking mood, Ben great as usually, Catalyst way too wild. Crowd reactions positive with growing attitude. No mosh-pits, cups with water (not vodka, I did taste it, really...) served by security guys. Good show. Nothing more, nothing less. Worth coming...
Right On Venom And Revenge
bangles

Had a blast! Seemed to take a little while to kick off but when it did, it was storming. Version of logic in particular was amazing. Sound wise, from where I was, it was very bass at times - which is not something you hear very often! And von was the chatiest ive seen in years!

Next stop Belfast! 😊
Eighthcircle
Road Kill

By my reckoning set list was:
More
Ribbons
WYDSM
Blood Money
Alice
Gift That Shines
No Time To Cry
Amphetamine Logic
Arms
Dominion
Detonation Boulevard
Top Nite Out
Valentine
Flood II
This Corrosion
Kiss The Carpet
Lucretia
Vision Thing
First And Last And Always
Misirlou
Temple of Love

And I loved every minute of it.
iesus
Overbomber

There are a lot of good photos from that one in HL facebook group :D
Well done to photographer :notworthy:
'Are we the Baddies?'...
"Someday! Someday, everything you need, is just gonna fall out of the sky..." -A.E. Reading 1991
"Don't forget that most of the judges in witches trials had harvard degrees."
Nikolas Vitus Lagartija
Overbomber

bangles wrote:Had a blast!
I see what you did there :wink: . Thanks to all for the reviews. Gutted to have missed it (on badly timed holiday). Glad to hear that Glasgow lived up to its reputation as a responsive audience that brings the best out of bands. :notworthy:
Big Si
School Bully

They were very good last night :D
Wyrd bið ful aræd...

mybelgiannemesis
chickenhead
Amphetamine Filth

They were very very good 8) !! Had a great time :P
Nikolas Vitus Lagartija
Overbomber

Some nice photos and a good review from a Lithuanian girl here : http://www.festivalphoto.net/reviews&re ... 72BxX-9KSN.