Chris Catalyst wants to release new Sisters material

THE place for your Sisters-related comments, questions and snippets of Sisters information. For those who do not know, The Sisters of Mercy are a rock'n'roll band. And a pop band. And an industrial groove machine. Or so they say. They make records. Lots of records, apparently. But not in your galaxy. They play concerts. Lots of concerts, actually. But you still cannot see them. So what's it all about, Alfie? This is one of the few tightly-moderated forums on Heartland, so please keep on-topic. All off-topic posts will either be moved or deleted. Chairman Bux is the editor and the editor's decision is final. Danke.
eastmidswhizzkid
Faster Than The Light Of Speed

Nikolas Vitus Lagartija wrote:Sisters sign new deal shocker :roll:
http://www.uberrock.co.uk/news-updates/ ... oster.html
"leading british goth band". :lol: is von prepared to put up with that for free strings? hell, yeah!
Well I was handsome and I was strong
And I knew the words to every song.
"Did my singing please you?"
"No! The words you sang were wrong!"

:bat:
iesus
Overbomber

For a moment i thought this was an independent label :lol: :lol: :lol:
then i clicked the link ;D :urff:
'Are we the Baddies?'...
"Someday! Someday, everything you need, is just gonna fall out of the sky..." -A.E. Reading 1991
"Don't forget that most of the judges in witches trials had harvard degrees."
Nikolas Vitus Lagartija
Overbomber

Ben's take on the likelihood of recorded new material can be read two thirds of the way down this : http://hardrockhaven.net/online/2014/07 ... -by-night/
Basically, same old same old ...
Arrrgh!
Amphetamine Filth

I briefly met Ben on Tuesday night and said to him that I just had to ask them to record. Anything - doesn't matter what, just record.

I then apologized saying, "you must get that all the time. I'm sure you're fed up with people asking."

His reply was "Not at all. We're fed up asking him (Andrew)."

It was a throw away comment, not an Official Position Statement, but there you go.
Do I drive or am I driven?
Bartek
Underneath the Rock

that looks like a slight case of Adam Pearson. sooner or later some change in crew is inevitable. :|
hellboy69
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

"Look what you could have won"

markfiend
goriller of form 3b

Isn't it the case that they record quite a lot, it's just that Eldritch won't actually release any of it?

BTW The stuff about recording costs is a nonsense; Eldo has his own studio.
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
Being645
Above the Chemist

markfiend wrote:BTW The stuff about recording costs is a nonsense; Eldo has his own studio.
... Image ... Image ... oh my, that sounds extremely likely, now that you mention it ... :lol: ...
sultan2075
Overbomber

markfiend wrote:Isn't it the case that they record quite a lot, it's just that Eldritch won't actually release any of it?

Does he have an actual studio (treated rooms, high-end equipment, someone who knows how to use it all, etc.) or does he just have a Pro Tools rig of the sort described on the website? It's quite possible to do near-professional quality recordings in a "prosumer" home studio set-up, but I don't think anything on par with Floodland or Vision Thing, in terms of production, is really possible in such an environment. Those albums are both immaculately recorded.
--
The most successful tyranny is not the one that uses force to assure uniformity but the one that removes the awareness of other possibilities, that makes it seem inconceivable that other ways are viable, that removes the sense that there is an outside.
Bartek
Underneath the Rock

markfiend wrote:BTW The stuff about recording costs is a nonsense; Eldo has his own studio.
You made it up right now or it has any ground? i mean, it sounds reaslonable and possible, but it never came up here.
btw. i did some extremely quick research, following words that AE has other source of income, it turned up that he's not even lead his own band (scroll down). :lol:
plus, some extra information for stalkers (but i guess that they already came up into this).
stufarq
Popweazle Piddlepoop

markfiend wrote:Isn't it the case that they record quite a lot, it's just that Eldritch won't actually release any of it?

Do they though? I know it says that somewhere on the website that hasn't been updated since the 15th century, but when do they have the opportunity? Surely not on tour. And when they're not on tour they're in different locations, with Chris and Ben having other band commitments and Von translating Renaissance Italian literature.
Any more of that and we'll be round your front door with the quick-setting whitewash and the shaved monkey.
centurionofprix

The wonders of information technology make such things possible. I don't know how much they actually do record, but they could easily write and record parts and collaboratively send the files to each other.
Bartek
Underneath the Rock

here we go again: step one: how to record and release. step two to come: how to release and distribute.
stufarq
Popweazle Piddlepoop

centurionofprix wrote:The wonders of information technology make such things possible. I don't know how much they actually do record, but they could easily write and record parts and collaboratively send the files to each other.
Yeah, fair point.
Any more of that and we'll be round your front door with the quick-setting whitewash and the shaved monkey.
Swinnow
Overbomber

Well, la Huss et al seem to manage....

*retreats to safe distance in Bramley Park*
....if I have to explain, then you'll never understand....
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

Swinnow wrote:Well, la Huss et al seem to manage....

*retreats to safe distance in Bramley Park*
Not that safe a distance. ;)
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
Being645
Above the Chemist

Btw, here's a lovely interview with Chris @Sonisphere 2014 talking about Devin Townsend, Sisters and Eureka Machines gigs the day before, his projects and plans for future releases ...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4FNnBMbRT_I
Jeremiah
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

Being645 wrote:Btw, here's a lovely interview with Chris @Sonisphere 2014 talking about Devin Townsend, Sisters and Eureka Machines gigs the day before, his projects and plans for future releases ...

At the end when he puts his shades on, Chris is starting to look like :von:.
:eek: :lol:
I tried to tell her
About Marx and Eldritch, God and angels
I don't really know what for.
Joy

Being645 wrote:Btw, here's a lovely interview with Chris @Sonisphere 2014 talking about Devin Townsend, Sisters and Eureka Machines gigs the day before, his projects and plans for future releases ...

It was really enjoyable! :) Thank you! :notworthy:
"Music is there to enrich your life and make you aware of things in a slightly different way."
sistersvisions

The cover of this mag suggests there may be a new album on the horizon.

http://www.vivelerock.net/
I'm as rare as a wombats wingnut!
hellboy69

sistersvisions wrote:The cover of this mag suggests there may be a new album on the horizon.

:eek:
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

i haven't read the article but i suspect thats a case of a journalist snatching one of eldritch's throwaway/psuedo bragging/bullshit lines from an interview and turning it into a sensationalist headline because he knows sisters fans will lap it up

various band members have said a few times recently that they record stuff, but don't do anything with it

having said that, i'd love to be wrong 8)
Last edited by Quiff Boy on 25 Jul 2014, 17:09, edited 1 time in total.
What’s the difference between a buffalo and a bison?
Joy

I have known it for 2 or 3 weeks because a journalist of Vive Le Rock aksd me about pictures on the recent tour (he wrote me a private message on fb). So I find it interesting why they put such an old pic on the cover. So I'm really curious to see what the issue will include!!!
"Music is there to enrich your life and make you aware of things in a slightly different way."
Being645
Above the Chemist

hellboy69 wrote:
sistersvisions wrote:The cover of this mag suggests there may be a new album on the horizon.

... :lol: ... to me it looks rather like an attempt at past-life regression ... :lol: ...

* But hell, hopefully somebody nice on here will let us know what is written in the actual article ... please ...
Joy

Being645 wrote:
hellboy69 wrote:

... :lol: ... to me it looks rather like an attempt at past-life regression ... :lol: ...

* But hell, hopefully somebody nice on here will let us know what is written in the actual article ... please ...
Their fb site however is all about the TSOM. ;D :von:

https://www.facebook.com/vivelerockworld?fref=photo