Sisters spotting

THE place for your Sisters-related comments, questions and snippets of Sisters information. For those who do not know, The Sisters of Mercy are a rock'n'roll band. And a pop band. And an industrial groove machine. Or so they say. They make records. Lots of records, apparently. But not in your galaxy. They play concerts. Lots of concerts, actually. But you still cannot see them. So what's it all about, Alfie? This is one of the few tightly-moderated forums on Heartland, so please keep on-topic. All off-topic posts will either be moved or deleted. Chairman Bux is the editor and the editor's decision is final. Danke.
radiojamaica
Overbomber

during lunchtime I wanted to pay a quick visit to the huge vinylsection of MediaMarkt Brussels and upon entering they were playing This Corrosion in the shop. Cool I thought, I wonder what compilation they're playing... When the next song began I immediately knew: they're playing Floodland in it's entirety! :D :notworthy:
I could, of course, not leave quickly anymore. Had to stay there because it was played well loud and I can never get enough of it...
During Never Land another customer wanted to get the cd that was playing and as it was the last copy in stock, they stopped playing it and the cd was sold. It still works like a charm!
And I was a bit later in the office than planned ;D
in dub we trust
Being645
Above the Chemist

radiojamaica wrote:during lunchtime I wanted to pay a quick visit to the huge vinylsection of MediaMarkt Brussels and upon entering they were playing This Corrosion in the shop. Cool I thought, I wonder what compilation they're playing... When the next song began I immediately knew: they're playing Floodland in it's entirety! :D :notworthy:
I could, of course, not leave quickly anymore. Had to stay there because it was played well loud and I can never get enough of it...
During Never Land another customer wanted to get the cd that was playing and as it was the last copy in stock, they stopped playing it and the cd was sold. It still works like a charm!
And I was a bit later in the office than planned ;D
Oh wow, cool ... ;D ... Lucky you! ... :notworthy: ;D ...
Swinnow
Overbomber

As an ageing Liverpudlian I am learning to share football pain. Mind you the picture above showing the cover of Thin Lizzy's Live and Dangerous made me smile big style. Surely the best live rock'n'roll album ever.

*ducks*
....if I have to explain, then you'll never understand....
XidiouX
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

Drsisters wrote:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=834qY1GlCpc

one of the guys in the bar is quite familiar :D
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7dP_d2z4zqU

XidiouX
mh
Above the Chemist

...bus out.

Note the font. Coincidental? Probably. I got a laugh anyway.
If I told them once, I told them a hundred times to put 'Spinal Tap' first and 'Puppet Show' last.
Pista
Cureboi

Oh yes. Very subtle.
:notworthy: :notworthy:
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
Being645
Above the Chemist

mh wrote:Image

...bus out.

Note the font. Coincidental? Probably. I got a laugh anyway.
... :lol: ... Lovely! Great find, mh ... ;D ... and truly worthy of a discerning Reptile House member ... :lol: ... :notworthy: :notworthy: ...
mh
Above the Chemist

...and this was on the news yesterday evening!

If I told them once, I told them a hundred times to put 'Spinal Tap' first and 'Puppet Show' last.
Pista
Cureboi

:lol:
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
Being645
Above the Chemist

Fake! ... :lol: ...
Gaijin
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

Was at the No Friends of Harry reunion show in Rivonia, Jhb on Sat. It was part of the dreadful 'Hey Now, Hey Now Now' stage show that is presented at various "Barnyard Theatre" venues in Jhb.

Expectations were quite high initially, especially as, seated inside the restuarant attached to the theatre one could hear the sound-check.

Walked into the venue to Dr. Jeep. Then various Dj's played Alice '93, Temple '92, Black Planet & TC, which were all fine, if a little slow to dance to. (Too many years of EBM type listening have made their mark).

The monkeys that actually performed in the 'Hey Now, Hey Now Now' part of the evening's entertainment chose to mangle Dominion/Mother Russia and This Corrosion. Both cringeworthy performances, with the latter being saved in the last moments by the timely arrival of Ashton Nyte, who propped it up by singing on key and in tune. Though he tried valiantly, the 'band' played everything as rock songs so ultimately it was a wasted effort.

No Friends were brilliant, and later Aston's own set was great fun, doing an impromptu 'Mercy Seat' and a rather spendid reversion of 'Sound of Silence'.

After the gig the Sisters records were out again, with TC and Dr Jeep getting played, but the venue was emptying fast, and by 2:30 I stopped paying attention.

Saw the usual crop of t-shirts too, namely, 1985, Marry Me Young, and the newish bootleg head and star (with head facing right) and a cool custom gold painted-on-leather 1990 with the circular band around the head and star.

So, The Sisters of Mercy were the 4th most played band of the night, and they weren't even on the bill.
"All God's children give good phone,
I called Jesus He's not home... "
Andrew S
Slight Overbomber

I'm retelling this story after a very long lurk... I went to my optician a few years ago wearing my usual attire. The optician looked at my t-shirt and asked me, "Is this a vision thing?"

Corny but true :lol:
RIP Dale: 1994 - 2009
Pista
Cureboi

This Corrosion on 6Music's breakfast show right now
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

mh wrote:...and this was on the news yesterday evening!

:notworthy: :lol:
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
radiojamaica
Overbomber

Andrew S wrote:I'm retelling this story after a very long lurk... I went to my optician a few years ago wearing my usual attire. The optician looked at my t-shirt and asked me, "Is this a vision thing?"

Corny but true :lol:
Grand :D :notworthy:
in dub we trust
Pista
Cureboi

Just watching Doctors Series 15, Episode 120 (the joys of BBC entertainment) & at about 11 mins, when the goth girl goes up the ladder to the loft, I swear the opening to Afterhours is playing
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
The Mentalist
Road Kill

On the last tour in Amsterdam a bloke walked past the bar where we were minding our own business supping a pre-gig beer. I sensed,like yer do, someone looking at me so I looked up but it took a while to register who it was, the beanie threw me. It was Chris Catalyst. Still staring to the point of rubber necking, the penny dropped and that must have registered on my face and he looked away and we continued respectively.
In the moment it didn't feel very good and in retrospect it was a bit hostile. He looked like the Fool on a tarot card, looking over his shoulder, un-smiling, not looking where he was going and I wished there had have been a manhole without a cover for him to step into so to teach him not to be so rude to random strangers.
I wish there was an animated not worthy type emoticon which stuck two fingers up. It would fit the bill.
I lurk therefore I am
Dan
Overbomber

The Mentalist wrote:On the last tour in Amsterdam a bloke walked past the bar where we were minding our own business supping a pre-gig beer. I sensed,like yer do, someone looking at me so I looked up but it took a while to register who it was, the beanie threw me. It was Chris Catalyst. Still staring to the point of rubber necking, the penny dropped and that must have registered on my face and he looked away and we continued respectively.
In the moment it didn't feel very good and in retrospect it was a bit hostile. He looked like the Fool on a tarot card, looking over his shoulder, un-smiling, not looking where he was going and I wished there had have been a manhole without a cover for him to step into so to teach him not to be so rude to random strangers.
I wish there was an animated not worthy type emoticon which stuck two fingers up. It would fit the bill.
Do you think he was staring because he wanted you to recognise him? Kindof a "Do you know who I am?" without actually saying it.
weebleswobble
Underneath the Rock

Dan wrote:
The Mentalist wrote:On the last tour in Amsterdam a bloke walked past the bar where we were minding our own business supping a pre-gig beer. I sensed,like yer do, someone looking at me so I looked up but it took a while to register who it was, the beanie threw me. It was Chris Catalyst. Still staring to the point of rubber necking, the penny dropped and that must have registered on my face and he looked away and we continued respectively.
Do you think he was staring because he wanted you to recognise him? Kindof a "Do you know who I am?" without actually saying it.
Mr Catalyst is a straight up good fella.
Fact.
‎"We will wear some very loud shirts. We will wear some very wrong trousers."
Silver_Owl
The Don

weebleswobble wrote:
Dan wrote:
Mr Catalyst is a straight up good fella.
Fact.
100% agreed. :P
We forgive as we forget
As the day is long.
timsinister
The Oncoming Storm

He's a gin-you-wine good bloke and this must have been a case of mistaken intentions.
Pista
Cureboi

Lucretia was just on 6Music's RadMac show :D
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
MAndrews
Amphetamine Filth

Temple of Love in Head-On (Gegen Die Wand) by Fatih Akin.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yXzVT5bfy7g

(That and Lambchop doing This Corrosion are the best non-Sisters Sisters moments for me.)
Pista
Cureboi

Lucretia, My Reflection in the latest episode of American Horror Story - Hotel

:D
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
stufarq
Popweazle Piddlepoop

I'm at my parents' house for Christmas, and they watch Come Dine With Me. They also record loads and watch later, so I'm not sure when this actually aired and it may even be a repeat from years ago. Anyway, celebrity edition and they play, of all things, Floorshow!
Any more of that and we'll be round your front door with the quick-setting whitewash and the shaved monkey.