Sisters Suikerrock Belgium 01-08-2015

Gig news, reviews, set lists, thoughts, comments and observations on The Sisters live in 2015
Back in time
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

jherek wrote:
Last Saturday was my 50th gig and I totally agree with damagedone's sentiments: my world still needs the sisters and my favourite gig is always the next one.

Either buy a ticket or don't, but enough with the whinging please.
What he said. I like every mumbling second I hear live, every song that we all heard milion times before and every twing from Ben's and Chris guitar.

Guilty as charged for losing any standards when their music is on.

And yes, I still believe that maybe we will get something new (not covers). Unfortunately, I also hope that my favourite football club will make it into Championship League and that Santa is coming to town so my opinion should not be taken as a reference. :oops: :wink:
Lord, what can the harvest hope for, if not for the care of the reaper man.
catsncheese
11 Imaginary Boys

Johnny Rev 7.0 wrote:
euphoria wrote:Fully understandable, I partly think so myself, and with this attitude there can never be a really bad gig :)
Except, I think I may have a Sisters' virgin with me at Rock City.

It's kinda like introducing your partner to your parents for the first time. And hoping it all works out Ok. :urff:
Virgin?! Nottingham will be a great gig. Irrespective of the marks out of 10 for voice etc :) roll on October :) music does bring new friends together
radiojamaica
Overbomber

Music sounds better with you & all that ;D
in dub we trust
Being645
Above the Chemist

Now detected the full-show video of our dear friend scardwel ...

The sound is not perfect, but still listenable, and the footage is just giant ... ;D ... :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: ... ;D ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?t=3447&v=DHIEqlvWflM
dinky daisy
Slight Overbomber

Thanks for the footage.

How is it possible after 20+ years singing the same songs his younger band mates know the song structures and text better than is Royal Vonness? What is so hard about 'More', sir...?
guns & cars & accidents
Bartek
Underneath the Rock

@ Dinky daisy: I guess it's because of Summer.

(Btw what happened to new-old songs, like Summer, Romeo Down, WoD, or Slept? All great songs, left nowhere. Instead of that, that cover band is playing covers of songs done by other bands/musicians)
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

Bartek wrote:Btw what happened to new-old songs, like Summer, Romeo Down, WoD, or Slept? All great songs, left nowhere.
Is it because they were co-written by Adam I wonder?
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
Bartek
Underneath the Rock

That was my first quess, but instead of that, we got Arms/Millenium, Still (a mediocre song), and ... more covers, but also more digging in back cataloque.
dinky daisy
Slight Overbomber

Off topic: Actually, i hate Still.
guns & cars & accidents
euphoria
Slight Overbomber

I don't see anything strange with the setlist in this respect, just normal rotation, plus this one was a very short set at 1 hour.

Otherwise they have played many of Adams songs (Crash&Burn now, for example..) since he left. More than WoD written by Andrew alone(?) or Come Together.

dinky daisy, I also hate Still, with a passion. Like YCBTO without the humour. But, a good one if your bladder's full or throat is dry ;D
Nikolas Vitus Lagartija
Overbomber

Most of the newer songs like Arms and Still (and for that matter recent covers like Gift That Shines and Police Car) would make sense if :von: was planning a VT part 2 for the American market. Lyrically, Far Parade would seem to fit the beefed up AOR template less, but would be a Something Fast style slower song, I would imagine. Would be nice to hear it this time around, but I doubt it.
Bartek
Underneath the Rock

euphoria wrote:I don't see anything strange with the setlist in this respect, just normal rotation, plus this one was a very short set at 1 hour.
I noticed and remembered that. But even when we look at last tour, there's lack of new-new songs (except Arms/Millenium) and only C&B and sometimes TNO from Adam era (new-old songs). And, as I wrote, more songs from back catalogue Kiss the carpet, more, blood money or Rain from heaven. Instead tons of covers (Miserlou, Johnny, Gift that shines, now Police car [if it wasn't one of]).

Not that I expect new songs, but it seems to be an extreme short cut to play covers and old songs (with mentioned mistakes).

(Before some of you will throw rocks on me - that, in my mind, is/was as objective opinion as it can be from someone who's supporter of this band for over decade).
Joy

While we are waiting for the other Suikerrock 2015 DVD you can see the full show on youtube here:

The Sisters of Mercy Tienen, Belgium, 01 August 2015 DVD

Lasyboylive production: Pascal (Sisterstekland), all Videos from Artemis (Joy), Audio by Doc Sommer, Artwork and Menu: Tom Riddler (Woolfen)

Thank you very much for Pascal's fantastic job what he did again with my vids... and it wouldn't be so cool without Doc's perfect audio. And later you will be able to see Tom's wonderful artwork.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NqnN-m4 ... e=youtu.be
"Music is there to enrich your life and make you aware of things in a slightly different way."
Being645
Above the Chemist

Hah, wonderful ... ;D ... the more I look at all those great videos with all that wonderful sound, the less I find reason to complain ... :lol: ... ;D ;D ;D ...

To the contrary! It was a great show, the band in best flexible mood and also the lights were very much to the point ... ;D ...
Well, from a larger distance, there were ... filmic delights and a helicopter like sound loop all over with :von: 's vocals above ... so no escape from the bruises either ... :lol: ...

Thanks, Joy, Pascal and DocSommer !!!

:notworthy: ;D :notworthy: ;D :notworthy: ;D :notworthy: ;D :notworthy: ;D :notworthy:
H. Blackrose
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

Maybe Von's quit smoking, or changed to a different brand.
"We're Hawkwind and this is a song about love."
Being645
Above the Chemist

H. Blackrose wrote:Maybe Von's quit smoking, or changed to a different brand.
He DID smoke on stage, though apparently not as much ... maybe due to a lack of time ... :wink: ...
Joy

A few cool pics from a bit farther… So? Who can find him/herself? :wink: :innocent:

"Music is there to enrich your life and make you aware of things in a slightly different way."
B E N
Road Kill

Cool pix indeed, and I think I found myself...were you in the VIP area on top?
Being645
Above the Chemist

Wonderful pictures!!! ... :eek: ... :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: ...
Especially as they give such a great overview of the scene including the filmic delights ... just perfect for the SistersWiki (if I may?) ... ;D ;D ;D ...
Joy

Being645 wrote:Wonderful pictures!!! ... :eek: ... :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: ...
Especially as they give such a great overview of the scene including the filmic delights ... just perfect for the SistersWiki (if I may?) ... ;D ;D ;D ...
oh.. I think they would be great on SistersWiki. ;D ;D