Heartland Forum Index
       FAQ      Rules      Search      Paypal Donation      Photo Gallery      Sisters Wiki   
   Register · Profile · Log in to check your private messages · View New Posts · Usergroups · Memberlist · Statistics  
   Follow us on   Twitter    Facebook · Log in  
USA dates

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Garbageman
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

PostPost #1  Posted: Thu Sep 03, 2015 1:13 am    Post subject: USA dates Reply with quote Back to top

Any news? Gossip? Rumours?
EvilBastard
Overbomber

PostPost #2  Posted: Thu Sep 03, 2015 1:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Yes, they'll be playing 4 dates in September at Madison Square Garden, all already sold out, then a week later 3 gigs at the Hollywood Bowl, still some tickets left.

You wanted rumour, right... Wink
Joy

PostPost #3  Posted: Thu Sep 03, 2015 8:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

EvilBastard wrote:
Yes, they'll be playing 4 dates in September at Madison Square Garden, all already sold out, then a week later 3 gigs at the Hollywood Bowl, still some tickets left.

You wanted rumour, right... Wink

Laughing Laughing
Bartek
Underneath the Rock

PostPost #4  Posted: Thu Sep 03, 2015 8:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I heard something about blast from the past - tour with Public Enemy, and even more - with Motorhead.
Norman Hunter
Slight Overbomber

PostPost #5  Posted: Thu Sep 03, 2015 10:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Bartek wrote:
I heard something about blast from the past - tour with Public Enemy, and even more - with Motorhead.

PE are livin' it up with The Cult, Motorhead have temporarily shelved touring due to Lemmy's health.
EmmaPeelWannaBe

PostPost #6  Posted: Thu Sep 03, 2015 11:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

So I heard it will be a tour to promote the new records (15-volume vinyl set, all new material). Oh and since Gary and Von are writing songs together, he and and Craig will be joining Von and Chris & Ben on tour.
euphoria

PostPost #7  Posted: Fri Sep 04, 2015 7:47 am    Post subject: Re: USA dates Reply with quote Back to top

Garbageman wrote:
Any news? Gossip? Rumours?

It's very likely (and rumours have it) they have tried more than once since 2008, and I believe they will try it once more. But it takes more effort and pays off less than a small tour in Western Europe.

That being said, I think they could do something similar to the Event Horizon Tour 1998, ie a few dates on each coast, or a dozen of dates in the biggest cities. I don't think we'll ever see another mammoth tour of 25 dates again, though.

Why not this winter, when the band turn 35. I mean they tour *without* any particular reason, and even more so if they have one Wink
Bartek
Underneath the Rock

PostPost #8  Posted: Fri Sep 04, 2015 8:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

My guess might be wrong, but I think that they effort to play in US that tour had probably something with luring rec. comp. by showing that, even without any new album since 15 years (2006), they're still capable to fulfil some medium, medium-low size venues/clubs even in US when they weren't loved that much.
Or that tour was maybe to please themselves, in the other words for fun (and some profit). Wink
Nikolas Vitus Lagartija
Overbomber

PostPost #9  Posted: Fri Sep 04, 2015 11:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

At least you will have the Violets in the US this year, but a TSOM trip is long overdue.
eastmidswhizzkid
Faster Than The Light Of Speed

PostPost #10  Posted: Mon Sep 14, 2015 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

as far as i know dates are grown in the middle east so i imagine if america wants any it'll have to fabricate a reason to invade. It wasn't me...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Heartland Forum Index -> Sisters 2015 - PLYC All times are GMT + 1 Hour

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: